Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

RKidd

New in Town
Mickey D said:
Friction tape for grip. The Colt has a lot of old history, including drawing blood twice from what I was told.

My apologies on the Shotgun. It's a Marlin Model 21

Let's hear about the Fitzgerald Colt!!

Hankh

Familiar Face
Daily Companions

The Colt 1903 and the Victory model are wonderful. :eusa_clap
IMG_3428A1.jpg

IMG_1628A1.jpg

Bustercat

A-List Customer
Might be none of my business, but some of you guys might want to go back and photoshop out your serial numbers. No need having that level of personal info available to everyone on the internet, IMO... especially the unscrupulous.

My collection: No pics unfortunately.

Romanian AK47 (SAR1)
Romanian AK74 (SAR2)
1866 Yellowboy (Italian reissue 45LC)
1858 Remington (italian reissue) with 45LC cartridge converter
c1941 russian capture mauser rifle (8mm)

I haven't handloaded or gone shooting in a long while (my collection is in the safe back east packed with cosmoline, and I honestly haven't really bothered to investigate all the details of what I can legally possess out here in CA, what permits I'd need, and how much It would cost to have it shipped out here via FFL. It's a mighty expensive headache.)

I do miss it alot sometimes, especially when the weather gets cold(ish) out here: I absolutely loved waking up way early in the morning, the clear frozen air and snow of the mountains all around, the sound of meltwater, your breath in the air at the range, with no one around. And the billowing clouds of smoke when using 777 loads...

I would love to get an old lemonsqueezer, a 1911, and a since trying trap last year.. a vintage ithaca riot gun with a corncob foregrip. The latter seems the most CA friendly, but my money is tied up in more artistic (and quieter) things these days.

Story

I'll Lock Up
This Remington Model 8 in .30 Remington is also for sale, but not mine.
Located in SW PA, I can put interested parties in touch with the seller.
ErieRemington8.jpg

GWD

One Too Many
Newest Member of the Family

H&K USP Expert

I've wanted a H&K for several years now. I finally "pulled the trigger" and found a decent deal.

web.jpg

GWD said:
H&K USP Expert I've wanted a H&K for several years now. I finally "pulled the trigger" and found a decent deal.

I had shot one of these USP's at the demo show at Raahagues in Norco some years back. I found the double action trigger pull to be overly long for my hand.

For those that are interested in getting a 45ACP but can't afford a whizbang 1911, the Ruger P90 was highly reccomended by Massad Ayoob many times. The lock up uses one of the vintage Browning pistol designs.

GWD

One Too Many
John in Covina said:
I had shot one of these USP's at the demo show at Raahagues in Norco some years back. I found the double action trigger pull to be overly long for my hand.

For those that are interested in getting a 45ACP but can't afford a whizbang 1911, the Ruger P90 was highly reccomended by Massad Ayoob many times. The lock up uses one of the vintage Browning pistol designs.

I agree with you John, the DA pull is long. However, the USP is convertible to single action only if you desire, or you can carry the USP cocked and locked with the safety on, just like a 1911. And the single action trigger pull is heavenly.

MKL

A-List Customer
Here are a couple items I recently received: Winchester model 59 and a Browning 1955, .380 cal.

Winchestermodel59.jpg

Browning1955.jpg

Levallois

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
Ah, yes--a favorite pocket-pistol of Patton's and a [female canine] for the poor schlub aide who had to clean and service the bloody thing.

Actually, with the instructions in front of you it was pretty easy to disassemble the Model 51. Without them, however, it would have been pretty ugly. Now I need to fire the darn thing and I find, unbeknownst to me, that .380 auto ammo is scarce?! Are they just not making it anymore?

John

anon`

One Too Many
You can still get .380 ACP (heck, I've even managed to score .41 Short recently!) and it's still very much in production. However, it's been my observation that ammo production has only recently (say, in the last eight to twelve weeks or so) been recovering from last year's shortages, and so far only the most popular calibres are returning: out here, one can find .38 Special, 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP in various loads in relative abundance now. I expect .380 ACP will be the next round to recover, as it seems to still be a fairly popular calibre with the concealed carry crowd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy