Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought one of the CMMG "scratch and dent" 16" M4's a month ago.

Have yet to find the alleged finish imperfection, very nice rifle.

Put a Magpul BUIS and Vortex Strikefire (nice mid-ish level red/green dot, waiting for a deal on an Aimpoint) on it. Fills the evil black hole bwtween my evil black Springfield Socom 16 and evil black Mossberg 500A. :D

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
Yep I live in California so I'm limited on the AR parts. I have built my 2 Pre-Bans in a the early Viet-Nam configurations. I have one with a Smooth side Upper and one with the A-1. Like most Kalifornians we're too paranoid to shoot them. You have no doubt heard of the Orange County Swat members having their ARs conficated. They were out in the Desert practicing when Feds confiscated them. If they can't shoot them ... and starting next year (2011) ammo can no longer be ordered through the mail, Thanks Arnold. So I'll be doing alot of Bolt shooting now. Time to dust off the Enfields and Mauser.

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
Identity crisis

I was hoping the firearm experts of the Lounge could assist me. I have had trouble identifying a single shot 12 gauge made by FI Industries of Washington DC. The little information I have is that the company went out of business in the mid 1960’s. The gun itself is interesting in that it has a pistol grip that is all metal and a folding stock. It only fires 2 ¾ shells. I have found one for sale on the Internet but no information is available as to the history of the gun. Please PM me if you have any info. Sorry no picture as I am having problems uploading pics today.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
TTF, the only info I could come up with was they imported some Star semi auto .25s in the 60s. Nothing listed on your shotgun. If you can post some pics, that might help.

Warbaby

One Too Many
I think I mentioned my guns in this thread a long time ago, but didn't have photos because I left them stored in SF when we moved to Amsterdam 5 years ago. I went down and picked them up last month (along with a ton of other stuff). Nice to have them back in hand again!

Weatherby Mark XXII semi auto .22. This is an early one when they were still being made in Italy. Sweet gun.

G_Weatherby1.jpg

1954 Winchester 94 30-30 with an 18" barrel and trapper lever. For a short-barrel 94, it's surprisingly accurate up to 100 yards or so. Good brush gun.

G_Winchester1.jpg

G_Winchester2.jpg

I also brought back my 1860s Plains Rifle that belonged to my great, great grandfather. My grandmother gave it to me when I was 17 and I've kept it maintained in shooting condition for the past 50 years. Haven't fired it for 10 years or so, but now that I live where there's plenty of open country, I'm looking forward to some black powder shooting in the spring.

G_ML_3411.jpg

G_ML_3414.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
My father showed me his gun collection while I was home over the holidays. I wish I'd taken photos to post here! He has some really fun old 19th century rifles that came from his dad, including a couple of Remington rolling blocks.

His newest are a Springfield Armory M1911 .45, a S&W .357 revolver (a gun that I wholeheartedly adore) and a Ruger Mark III .22. A Mark III will be what I'm posting a picture of here after I acquire my license (hopefully within the next couple of months). I think that will be THE target pistol for me!

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KittyT said:
My father showed me his gun collection while I was home over the holidays. I wish I'd taken photos to post here! He has some really fun old 19th century rifles that came from his dad, including a couple of Remington rolling blocks.

His newest are a Springfield Armory M1911 .45, a S&W .357 revolver (a gun that I wholeheartedly adore) and a Ruger Mark III .22. A Mark III will be what I'm posting a picture of here after I acquire my license (hopefully within the next couple of months). I think that will be THE target pistol for me!

It sounds like your father has the same collection I have (almost)! Do post pics, especially the older rifles if possible! ;)

Warbaby

One Too Many
rumblefish said:
Is that a peep all the way in the back over the tang?

Nice! All of 'em! :)

Yep, it's a peep, but using it requires a delicate balance between having your eye close enough to see through it, but far enough away that the recoil doesn't slam it into your eyebrow. Fortunately it folds down so you can use the open sights. I'll post some close-ups if you'd like a better look at it.

Mickey D

One of the Regulars
Warbaby said:
I also brought back my 1860s Plains Rifle that belonged to my great, great grandfather. My grandmother gave it to me when I was 17 and I've kept it maintained in shooting condition for the past 50 years. Haven't fired it for 10 years or so, but now that I live where there's plenty of open country, I'm looking forward to some black powder shooting in the spring.

G_ML_3411.jpg

G_ML_3414.jpg

Great information regarding this old rifle. I'd love to have something such as this from my great grandfather.

The engraved Colt I posted is an heirloom project I finished and presented to my father. It will be passed down to my son (who's currently 21) some day.

Thanks for sharing.

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Warbaby said:

G_ML_3411.jpg

G_ML_3414.jpg

Dear WB,
That is a fantastic rifle--and I speak mostly as a shotgunner; it incites salivation. I would give my right arm to own such a piece...but to have it as a family heirloom (hopefully with a good chunk of stories to go with it) is literally priceless.

You may already have a copy on your bookshelf...but if not, try to find a copy of John Ratcliffe Chapman's Instructions to Young Marksmen/Improved American Rifle of 1848; Chapman was an engineer who had a remarkable insight...and the rare gift of writing in such a manner that his personality comes through clearly, as though he was sitting across the table from you. It's a book I prize highly. Here's a listing on AddAll: the Ned Roberts hardbound facsimile is done VERY nicely...as good as having an original, and well worth the price:
http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/submitRare.cgi?author=chapman&title=improved+american+rifle&keyword=&isbn=&order=TITLE&ordering=ASC&binding=Any+Binding&min=&max=&exclude=&match=Y&dispCurr=USD&timeout=20&store=ABAA&store=Alibris&store=Abebooks&store=AbebooksAU&store=AbebooksDE&store=AbebooksFR&store=AbebooksUK&store=Amazon&store=AmazonCA&store=AmazonUK&store=AmazonDE&store=AmazonFR&store=Antiqbook&store=Biblio&store=BiblioUK&store=Bibliophile&store=Bibliopoly&store=Booksandcollectibles&store=Half&store=ILAB&store=LivreRareBook&store=Powells&store=Strandbooks&store=ZVAB

Also of interest would be "Stonehenge"'s The Shot-Gun and Sporting Rifle of 1859:
http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/submitRare.cgi?author=stonehenge&title=shot+gun+and+sporting+rifle&keyword=&isbn=&order=TITLE&ordering=ASC&binding=Any+Binding&min=&max=&exclude=&match=Y&dispCurr=USD&timeout=20&store=ABAA&store=Alibris&store=Abebooks&store=AbebooksAU&store=AbebooksDE&store=AbebooksFR&store=AbebooksUK&store=Amazon&store=AmazonCA&store=AmazonUK&store=AmazonDE&store=AmazonFR&store=Antiqbook&store=Biblio&store=BiblioUK&store=Bibliophile&store=Bibliopoly&store=Booksandcollectibles&store=Half&store=ILAB&store=LivreRareBook&store=Powells&store=Strandbooks&store=ZVAB

This has never been reprinted, but it looks like original copies are available at reasonable prices: it's a large and good book.

Let us know what happens when you take your family heirloom afield or to the range!

Happy New-Year,
"Skeet"

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
I have an old 22 that once belonged to my grandfather on my dad's side of the family. I believe it's from the late 1920s. I haven't shot it but, would like to clean it up some time to take it out and shoot.

On "Boxing Day" my gal and I went shooting with her father and two sisters. We were outside of Tombstone Arizona and far away from anything! Shot a 1946 Army Enfield, a 38 snub-nosed revolver, a 22 rifle and a 12 gage... had a great time! I'll post some photos soon. ;)

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
1870 Snider-Enfield

Here is me old Pap shooting one of 3 Snider-Enfield rifles I sent back from Afghanistan this past year. Bought 5 Martini-Henrys, 3 Sniders and an Enfield Type II muzzle loader. You can actually get cartridges for the old breechloaders - I got a few boxes of 450/577 Martini Henry and 577 Snider in black powder from Gad's Custom Cartridges in Wisconsin - he does have a website.

These old rifles are quite pleasant to shoot and surprisingly accurate.
phillipcwilliams

Story

I'll Lock Up

Story

I'll Lock Up
Mickey D said:
Winchester 1897 12ga. and Colt Army 1917 Fitz Special
Fitz002.jpg

Nice tape job, but isn't it a bit large for a drop gun? :D

What's the story on the 1897 slide support? I've never seen one of those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic