Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Lolita!! It's amazing!! I have a question!! In how many times do you do your rolls? Well, I always ask this question but, I'm so awkward with hair lol
:Dl lol!!! I'm so impressed with all of your skills, ladies!!!!!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah said:
Fab ringlets Bella!

My amazingly quick and successful french twist and front pomp/roll thing on friday:
Hair270408A.jpg
Hair270408.jpg

Please disregard the cat hair stuck to my sweater!

I've been admiring you from afar and not really saying much, but I just have to. Your hair and look is wonderful, MissHannah. You're another one that I would say is very authentic looking and you pull it off so well! Keep posting pics!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
P1130694b.jpg
P1130696b.jpg

Lolita!
SO stunning! You're so versatile too! You can do BOTH 30s AND 40s hairdos!:eusa_clap
I'm soooooo jealous!
The way my hair is (thin and wispy), I'll probably be forever a 30s girl, but that's OK as that is my favorite era.

You're definitely the top hairstylist here and my fav!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
LolitaHaze said:
My hair is LOOSELY based on Carole Landis's style. It is in the spirit of and not meant to be an exact duplicate. :)

carole001b.jpg
cl_necklaceb.jpg

P1130694b.jpg
P1130696b.jpg

I'm so glad you posted this here. Your hair never fails to amaze me. :eusa_clap

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Snookie said:
Lolita, you HAVE to explain how to do the top...I love the wave going back and the curls coming forward. How do you secure the curls, without using a zillion bobby pins? and without having a severe part in the back? (cover that with the curls too?)
I second this. I haven't learned how to hide bobby pins yet.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
My hair is LOOSELY based on Carole Landis's style. It is in the spirit of and not meant to be an exact duplicate. :)

carole001b.jpg
cl_necklaceb.jpg

P1130694b.jpg
P1130696b.jpg
I now have hair envy,but I'm reminding myself that I don't have time to fix mine. So,I'll just admire yours.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Lo that is one of my favorite do's on you yet! And the length looks devine~ are you having any regrets of cutting it off? I'm tempted!

I just cut bangs this week and I'm still on the fence about them....
Nikki

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Lolita that last 'do is awesome!!! it really suits you!

I am a bit embarrassed to post after such perfection, but here goes!!!

I havent posted any hairdos in a while, but I have been practicing often, and with everyones wonderful suggestions I have slowly been gaining confidence! (thanks ohairas for suggesting endpapers they have saved my life!!!! lol ) Anyway, here are my most recent results, and my new hair color, which was inspired by all of you hot ginger ladies of the lounge!!!

barely combed out:
2466338009_690f7ce3b3_m.jpg

1,000s of brushstrokes later!
2467166106_a2d7dabf1c.jpg
2466338687_2623d0e158.jpg

2467166306_241d6b9a4a.jpg

p.s.- please excuse the wardrobe changes!!! i am the most indecisive dresser ever!!! lol

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Lolita, loving the new length and (is it) a reverse wave on the front? Glorious!

Magpie annie, great do and I love that last frock-you remind me of one of the girls from Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistlestop cafe! loving it!

I'm in a bit of a hair rut-I had a fringe (Bangs) cut and I was worried about how it woud look but I did a turned under fringe and it lasted all night at a dance and looked pretty good.

O'Hairas, let's see the new bangs-
K

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
LolitaHaze said:
30's hair... similar to Snookie's... although I think hers looks better. Yay Snookie! Ignore my goofy expressions... I was being a nutter!

9078c.jpg
9075c.jpg

For whatever reason, you remind me of a blond Snow White in this picture set.

lyburnum

Practically Family
I am not a huge fan of intense curls on my head (I like them on others but prefer more of a wave in my own hair at the moment), so imagine my horror this morning when I ended up looking for 80s than 40s once all my curls had been brushed out! It was a nightmare getting them to drop because they were too tight. Anyway, finally, after lots of combing and brushing and cries of frustration I managed this:

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

Midgetqueen

New in Town
Yesterday and today

You ladies are so inspiring! All of you! Just beautiful all around.

Here's my quick n' lazy try at something besides my usual (boring!) clipped-back straight hair, ponytail, bun, or braid (I enjoy my sleep, but still have to look nice since I work at a funeral home):

Yesterday, ringlets a-plenty that would not calm down. Please pardon funky lighting, weird expression, cameraphone quality, etc.
050608_0737b.jpg

And today, which I'm much prouder of:

050708_0727a.jpg

050708_0728a.jpg

050708_0728b.jpg

Both days I just slept in pink foam rollers; the first night slightly damp with a little Tresemme mousse, second night dry with just a tad of hairspray. And just put them back with some clear combs. I think the hair would look better with some flowers, but I just don't have any right now.

PS

A-List Customer
these kept getting loose and unraveling
6yi2vk.jpg

wt6a9e.jpg

this is what i ended up with i had rolls in but they moved too much and eventually fell.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
MidnightQueen and PS - WOW, absolutely wow! You girls look amazing! fantastic hair and beautiful girls!!

PS, I must know the brand/name of your blush! You're absolutely gorgeous!!

PS

A-List Customer
Is anyone missing posts? Since things went hay wire yesterday I am missing a few..
any who..
Magpie, your hair is always so smooth. How do you get that way? My curls are quite prone to fluffing.
Midget Queen, I like the first photo set but really love the second! You have fantastic hair!
Dhaling, Thank You! xo My blush is Nars Cactus Flower with a touch of Smashbox Glow over top. But it is mostly the Nars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925