Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
PS said:
Is anyone missing posts? Since things went hay wire yesterday I am missing a few..
any who..
Magpie, your hair is always so smooth. How do you get that way? My curls are quite prone to fluffing.

Hey PS, i lost a bunch of my posts too! I posted a new hairdo, and I think I am going to do a re-post!!! About the frizzies/fluffiness, at first my roller sets would always turn out really frizzy (poodlehead!! lol ), but now I use end papers which really helps, also make sure not to twist you hair as you roll it (which is almost impossible, for me at least, without end papers!!!), and I also use bumble and bumble brilliantine to smooth out any frizzies after I have brushed out the set! Hope this helps!

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Re-post of some hairdos!

Sorry for anyone who has already seen these, but I am going to repost some that were deleted when the site was down the other day!!

Here is my set from the other night (and new haircolor!):

barely brushed out:
2466338071_fa1ce969fc_m.jpg

1,000 brushstrokes later:
2467166106_a2d7dabf1c.jpg
2466338687_2623d0e158.jpg

And, another hairdo from two nights ago, which was inspired by one of LolitaHaze's, but I can't find her picture of it now, maybe it got deleted during the crash as well:
2466339151_b91e04faae.jpg

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Darhling said:
is there a explanation/link on end papers? do you make them yourself?

Ohairas and a few other lovelies suggested end papers to me a while back when I had the poodlehead issues!!! You can buy them at Sallys, and sometimes at grocery stores, but I have also used toilet paper :eek: in a pinch. You just take the paper and fold it (in half) around the section that you plan to roll, then slide it down to the end of the section and then wrap the paper around the roller! This makes it easy to get all of your hair around the curler *especially if you have layered hair like me* and also makes it easier to roll without twisting your hair, which keeps the frizzies away!!!

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Darhling said:
Annie - I need FULL instructions, directions of curler, what kind of set you use and so on.. I want my hair to look like yours!! it looks so professional!

Thanks Darhling!!! That means a lot coming from you, you always look so well put together!!! The set that I do actually comes from a wonderful roller set instruction/tutorial of Lyburnum's that I found a while back. click here to see it, I used the picture at the top left! I usually use this diagram to set my hair, using the cheap-o foam rollers from the grocery store. The next time I roll I will take a picture of the rollers in my hair and post it! Let me know if you have any other questions!!! I am so happy to help, everyone here has helped me so much!!!

Also, Lyburnum and Midgetqueen you guys both look great!!!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Magpie Annie said:
Thanks Darhling!!! That means a lot coming from you, you always look so well put together!!! The set that I do actually comes from a wonderful roller set instruction/tutorial of Lyburnum's that I found a while back. click here to see it, I used the picture at the top left! I usually use this diagram to set my hair, using the cheap-o foam rollers from the grocery store. The next time I roll I will take a picture of the rollers in my hair and post it! Let me know if you have any other questions!!! I am so happy to help, everyone here has helped me so much!!!

Also, Lyburnum and Midgetqueen you guys both look great!!!

I will check it out and try it!! Well, the only thing that is missing from me being stylish is that I can never do vintage hair.. I am stumped and have no idea when or where to start..

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Darhling said:
I will check it out and try it!! Well, the only thing that is missing from me being stylish is that I can never do vintage hair.. I am stumped and have no idea when or where to start..

Please please please give it a try!!! When I started here (just a few months ago) I had never put a roller in my hair before, but it does not take long to get the hang of it! It only takes practice! If I can do it you can do it too!!!

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Hair Don't!

Miss Melly, I love the redo! I had the same problem but I don't think I can salvage...I too found the thread inspiring so I put my long hair in foam rollers for the first time since I was kid and...can I just say it is great that we can forget trauma but I relived it this morning when I took those rollers out! EEEK! At least I had the sense to try it when I didn't have anywhere important to go.

Smuterella

One Too Many
question

what do you ladies do when you go for a haircut - my hairdresser insists on drying and straightening my hair so i look like a sleek "advert" for them when i leave - though i'd rather they just left it wet so i could set it at home

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Smuterella said:
question

what do you ladies do when you go for a haircut - my hairdresser insists on drying and straightening my hair so i look like a sleek "advert" for them when i leave - though i'd rather they just left it wet so i could set it at home

I have this problem too! I used to make hair appointments in the morning, so that I could wear my "new hair" all day, but now I make them in the evenings, because they always do crazy things like flat-iron my already pin straight hair!!! lol

p.s.- sorry that is not much of a solution!!!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ok, I took pictures of a set that blessedly ended up great....here they are.

DSCN0556.jpg

DSCN0560.jpg

DSCN0561.jpg

DSCN0562.jpg

DSCN0563.jpg

DSCN0565.jpg

The wave on the left side looks fab! Very pleased. And NOT NAKED, just a strapless dress. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav