Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
Alright, pics of the new much-anticipated (at least by me :) ) haircut...

The raw cut, before setting -

04-18-092.jpg

Pincurled -

04-18-094.jpg

And tada!!

04-18-097.jpg

04-18-098.jpg

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
Thank you! I used Lottabody in about a 1:2.5-3 ratio. It's just thismuch shorter than I meant it to be, so I was barely able to get it into side rolls, but I still like it. I think it's probably a good servicewoman's length, you know?

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Helysoune
Your pincurls look fantastic! They look like the pincurls you see in vintage hair ads, so smooth and tidy. And the set turned out wonderful. Bravo!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
second vintage hairdo- for tilt hat

Saturday I had my hair done again in SF. This time to wear with a tilt hat on Sunday 4/19/2009 for a California Pops Orchestra "Best of the Big Bands" concert. The back of my hair is flat underneath the back of the hat. The front was curled and the sides held up with combs to work with the design and shape of the hat. More about this very special hat worn only on April 19, 1941 on the Hats, "What Hat are you wearing today?" thread. I love all the curls on this roller set, its late in the day so the bangs curls under the netting have gotten a bit fuzzy by the time this pic was taken.
361915074.jpg

361915093.jpg

Lillemor

One Too Many
Antje said:
My hair today, I know bad picture and no make up but I was a little lazy,
but here's my beehive do

2wpqiio.jpg

Well done!:eusa_clap Please don't feel you have to excuse anything.

Chanteuse, both cute and elegant. The back looks really good. How long is your hair when it's not styled?

Audrey, those waves are beautiful and I your hair color is really beautiful too.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Antjie- You look stunning! I love your look!
Audrey Horne- You are just super cute! You are so angelic in your pictures! How did you get those waves? Braid?

Chanteuse- Your hair rocks! I love love love it!

Helysoune- B-E-A-U-tiful!

Caity Lynn- Im diggin the hair.. you look super cute in your picture!

Pigeon Toe.. You are stunning as usual! Hope you had fun on your date!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Round of applause to all you ladies.. you hair looks amazing :)

Lily Powers

Practically Family
chanteuseCarey said:
Saturday I had my hair done again in SF. This time to wear with a tilt hat on Sunday 4/19/2009 for a California Pops Orchestra "Best of the Big Bands" concert. The back of my hair is flat underneath the back of the hat. The front was curled and the sides held up with combs to work with the design and shape of the hat. More about this very special hat worn only on April 19, 1941 on the Hats, "What Hat are you wearing today?" thread. I love all the curls on this roller set, its late in the day so the bangs curls under the netting have gotten a bit fuzzy by the time this pic was taken.

ChanteuseCarey, I was intrigued about the story of your hat that you hinted about, so I popped over to that thread and read it. I love the story and I think there is certainly some vintage cosmic connection on the dates and the event to which you wore it. How did you come about getting the hat in the first place?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
evilBay (where else?)...

Hi LilyPowers- When I was just getting started into the real vintage stuff about mid Feb 09 I happened to look under vintage accessories one day and typed in hats. One can pull up listings by era. Just looked through all the auctions and came across this one.

I have my fav sellers that I have bought almost all my hats from, and a husband and wife team vintage dealers out here our family work with that live about an hour from us. She "Miz Jula" got me started with four vintage hats.

I call them both members of my "team", people I go to for getting everything. At Nordstrom I've got my skin care gal, my personal shopper for clothes, a saleslady in the boys dept for our son, etc. I just added now a vintage hairstylist in SF to my team!

Lily Powers said:
ChanteuseCarey, I was intrigued about the story of your hat that you hinted about, so I popped over to that thread and read it. I love the story and I think there is certainly some vintage cosmic connection on the dates and the event to which you wore it. How did you come about getting the hat in the first place?

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Laura Chase said:
Audrey Horne, cute as a button, you are! Tell us what you set your hair with, looks almost like rags or very small perm rods?
Thank you!
Lela: Thanks! :) You're both close, I used this tutorial:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=82

I used a cut up t-shirt. Next time I'll try a thicker fabric since I believe it will give deeper/larger waves. I have really thick hair so I used 6 sections but I might try four next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn