Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

lyburnum

Practically Family
I was feeling all happy about my hair then I saw Ohairas and I feel embarrassed now - it's amazing.

Oh well. Here's mine today:
It started off with a pageboy as I did pin-curls for the second time last night.
dsc00682ak2.jpg

However, I went to the 'Golden Age of Couture' exhibition this afternoon, and I loved all the slicked back hairstyles the models wore in the 50s. So I came home and changed my hair into this:
img7783eo5.jpg
img7784qy9.jpg
img7782yc1.jpg

It's far from perfect as I was just trying things out and my hair's all curly so it makes it lumpy, but it's a good style for me to do on lazy days (particularly work).

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Lybyrnum, your hair is a stunning color. And I'm amazed at how much you can do with it!

I just got my hair cut (yay!) so maybe my curls will look better now with all the layers and even ends.

Here's how it looks--my hairstylist blew it out, so it's all nice and shiny, and straight!

(Despite how it looks, the cobwebs and crooked pictures are Hallowe'en decorations, not my lack of cleaning skills... lol )

Photo78.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thank you ladies! :)

Lyburnum there's nothing to be embarassed about! That's a splendid pageboy! Your bangs are perfect! I like the side knot too, never would've thought to put it there. That's what this board is all about~ inspiration!
lyburnum said:
I was feeling all happy about my hair then I saw Ohairas and I feel embarrassed now - it's amazing.
It started off with a pageboy as I did pin-curls for the second time last night.
dsc00682ak2.jpg

Sweetfrancaise the cut looks good, you should be able to do a lot with it!

That's it, I'm cutting mine as soon as I get these pink extensions out. Time for a color touch up too.
Nikki

Antje

One Too Many
ohairas said:
Ok girls, I always talk about the clip on fake pony that I do updo's with but never get any *good* pics, so here ya go!
Even tho my hair is very long, I don't wanna spend forevah on it! I can do this do in about 10 mins.
The front rolls are all that is mine,
Nikki

1828447399_2da78d814b.jpg

You can barely see some of dark pink hair from Pink Hair for Hope in the large front roll, lol..
1829262424_6b4e6aa539.jpg

1828435013_c12a7e7319.jpg

Oh, and here's the pink hair,
1573220610_11a318b721.jpg

1574476452_bd52ce8569_m.jpg

10 minutes, no

it looks terrefic, I want my hair just like yours
I love your make up also

antje

Antje

One Too Many
lyburnum said:

dsc00682ak2.jpg

However, I went to the 'Golden Age of Couture' exhibition this afternoon, and I loved all the slicked back hairstyles the models wore in the 50s. So I came home and changed my hair into this:
img7783eo5.jpg
img7784qy9.jpg
img7782yc1.jpg

It's far from perfect as I was just trying things out and my hair's all curly so it makes it lumpy, but it's a good style for me to do on lazy days (particularly work).

Well I love your hair also, esspecialy your fringe or bangs how do you call that

do you cut your bangs yourself or does someone do it for you.
I mostely do it myself cause my coleges don't understand my idea about how i want it.

antje

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
I love your hair, ohairas (as always) but also couldn't help eyeing your Scarlett Barbie in the background...

New shopping list:
1 clip-on fake ponytail
1 Scarlett Barbie

lyburnum, your hair is completely adorable, too. You're so lucky to be able to attend the 'Golden Age of Couture' exhibit.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, thank you, thank you girls!

:eek:fftopic: Deco, the Scarlett doll isn't a Barbie, she's the 16 inch vinyl by Franklin Mint. I run a group for her as well, you may be interested!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScarlettOharaVinylPortrait/
Many of her fashions are discontinued but you can still find them on the bay.
Uh, you know what... that doll in the background is actually a Gene doll wearing one of Scarlett's dresses. ;) Here's a closer look of Gene.. I did her hair, does that count for on topic? hehe..
1836388196_e93d7baa59.jpg

I can't wait till I wear this dress myself!
Nikki

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
ohairas said:
Ok girls, I always talk about the clip on fake pony that I do updo's with but never get any *good* pics, so here ya go!
Even tho my hair is very long, I don't wanna spend forevah on it! I can do this do in about 10 mins.
The front rolls are all that is mine,
Nikki

1828447399_2da78d814b.jpg

You can barely see some of dark pink hair from Pink Hair for Hope in the large front roll, lol..
1829262424_6b4e6aa539.jpg

1828435013_c12a7e7319.jpg

Oh, and here's the pink hair,
1573220610_11a318b721.jpg

1574476452_bd52ce8569_m.jpg

ohairas , what is that pink lippy you are wearing? I must own it as soon as possible!!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
:eek:fftopic:
I think two of you have commented on the pink lippy now, so I guess I'd better fess up!
I have the hardest time finding a pink shade I like! Ths is actually a mix. Rimmel's 109 Metalic Lustre with Maybeline's Wet Shine Diamonds 25 Pink Carats overtop.
Nikki

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
ohairas said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you girls!

:eek:fftopic: Deco, the Scarlett doll isn't a Barbie, she's the 16 inch vinyl by Franklin Mint. I run a group for her as well, you may be interested!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScarlettOharaVinylPortrait/
Many of her fashions are discontinued but you can still find them on the bay.
Uh, you know what... that doll in the background is actually a Gene doll wearing one of Scarlett's dresses. ;) Here's a closer look of Gene.. I did her hair, does that count for on topic? hehe..
1836388196_e93d7baa59.jpg

I can't wait till I wear this dress myself!
Nikki

Thanks ohairas! I am interested in that group!

Gene is even better close up... I adore her hair too! You're living my fantasy life with your Scarlett dress recreations... but that's another thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou