Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
haven't posted here in forever! Went Saturday 5/8 to the Art Deco Ball in SF. Appt with my vintage hairstylist in SF first. He created a HH wefted hairpiece for me and colored it to match my current hair color (Da Vinci 7G, Golden Blonde). I had sent him up the hair color and developer and I had my sister fresh color my own Saturday morning. His dyed hairpiece was a perfect match for mine! We looked at a book of old movie stars for style inspiration. The hairpiece is like a headband circle, the back is about three inches longer than my own hair after he trimmed it when it was placed on my head. It was anchored to my hair at the back with three little short braids tied with my own hair. The hairpiece is much coarser hair than my own. Wow did I have lots of hair! Here's how I looked, not the best pics taken for hairstyle shots, but its what I have. Yes, its all MY hair, I paid for (some of it) so I own it! For the Art Deco Ball I had golden era movie star hair!
386924678.jpg

386926791.jpg

The Shirt

Practically Family
ChanteuseCarey-
I saw this in the other post and was meaning to reply. You look absolutely stunning. The dress, the new figure!!, the lovely hair. Thanks for the explanation. I was seething over here thinking, "Why does everyone's hair grow so fast!". Now I know the secret, good for you. I love it.

Rhian - What a stunner. I covet those perfect curls. Just lovely.

Antje- Again and again you work your magic. You are so talented with so many different looks. Mad skills!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you!!

The dream hair (given that the money fairy taps me with her glittery wand and poof I'm rich!) would be to have three HH styled full wigs; one done in a early 40s style, another styled for Edwardian events and the third styled for Regency events. Then my my poor baby fine straight hair can be left as is with a regular wash and tousle style that is suited for my swimming three days a week!

The Shirt said:
ChanteuseCarey-
I saw this in the other post and was meaning to reply. You look absolutely stunning. The dress, the new figure!!, the lovely hair. Thanks for the explanation. I was seething over here thinking, "Why does everyone's hair grow so fast!". Now I know the secret, good for you. I love it.

Rhian - What a stunner. I covet those perfect curls. Just lovely.

Antje- Again and again you work your magic. You are so talented with so many different looks. Mad skills!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you! Its been a while since I had the hair vintage styled, been letting it grow out and recover from all the sets done last year...

Mrs Cleaver said:
Chanteause your a knockout!The dress & hair are stunning!
Rhian your hair is just gorgeous,such lovely soft curls:)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Hello Rhian, I want your hair!

Don't cut it, as its so lovely for 40s. You've inspired me to try rag curlers one of these days. How big are the rag pieces, can you show a picture of it?? What are the rags made of , did you just tear up an old tshirt or something??

Your natural lip color is swell, so don't apologize. Try using a little bit of petroleum jelly on a fingertip to keep them conditioned- at your age and with that pretty pink natural lip coloring you can skip the lipliner and lipstick!

It may not be a popular thought- (so no flaming me girls!) but PLEASE consider losing the lip earring Rhian- its a fad that just detracts from your own natural beauty, drawing attention away from your pretty face and giving the attention to the metal piece in your face. [Said by a 51yo Mom with a teenage daughter and son, who sees too many awful piercings on otherwise pretty young girls out here in No. Calif]

Rhian said:
My hair is in desperate need of cutting - I'm still trying to decide if I should grow it longer or go 30s-short - but this is my usual style these days. To achieve it, I sleep in rag curlers after a hair-wash, with hair rolled downwards from my parting and with smaller rolls near the face.

4596147556_22a5198f54_o.jpg

(I'm still on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick, so please forgive the bare lips.)

MissHannah

One Too Many
I'll resist the temptation to say something ungracious in response to the last post and just say that I think you look beautiful, Rhian - piercing or no piercing.

Inky

One Too Many
ditto what Hannah says - Rhian you are gorgeous piercing or not (speaking as a 50 year old labret sporting chick herself). Your hair turned out lovely.

As for perfect red lippie - there is a thread on it here in the beauty lounge (i recommend Illamasqua's Box or MAC Russian Red - both are terrific reds)

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
I am a small business owner and mother of two with a lip piercing (used to ahve multiple) I dont feel it detracts from your beauty at all. and its quite disrespectful of someone's choices to say that it does. You look smashing and your hair is amazing.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Rhian, you are strikingly beautiful! You remind me of masterpiece paintings- especially with your gorgeous hair color and the lighting of the photo.

Smuterella

One Too Many
I ADORE the lip piercing Rhian, I think it sets off your loveliness perfectly and possibly even accentuates it. You have such a pre-Raphaelite look to you.

v0_master.jpg

jessesgirl08

One of the Regulars
didnt even notice the piercing until it was pointed out, your beauty overshadows it. if you like it keep it, i had a monroe piercing that i removed and regret, im still considering getting it done again. on another note we are all entitled to our own opinion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran