Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
YesterdayGirl said:
Here's a couple of shots of my hair. On a day to day basis I generally wear it down and curly like in the first picture. The second pic is my quick up do for unwashed hair.(please excuse the messy flyaways!) :)

golddress3.jpg

dscn0685.jpg

Very pretty!! I love the rolled style, I wear my hair a lot like that also

Scarlet Belle

Familiar Face
swinggal said:
Aww thanks. :) I can keep and eye out for the curved longer ones for you if you like. I'm on Ebay and Etsy all the time. I'll let you know if any come up :)

Yayyy! Thanks so much. Let me know if you stumble across any, I havent had any luck as of yet! :p

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
i am so jealous of all these wonderful 'dos! the only time i have successfully managed to get a proper brushed out waves look, was after a weeks worth of dry pin curl sets and about 10 minutes before i washed my hair! i was brushing out the snarls before i washed and it looked fab - felt disgusting, but looked great!

because i have curly hair, i think i either have really curly curls, or frizz, no matter how much i brush :(

on a completely unrelated note, i have found a fabulous new red lipgloss!

andouta

New in Town
YesterdayGirl said:
Here's a couple of shots of my hair. On a day to day basis I generally wear it down and curly like in the first picture. The second pic is my quick up do for unwashed hair.(please excuse the messy flyaways!) :)

golddress3.jpg

dscn0685.jpg
[/QUOT

very nice hairstyle..i also do my hair just like that and i like it ;*)))

andouta

New in Town
Tourbillion said:
I did 30's hair tonight for the opening of the Petersen Auto Museum's exhibit Automotivated: Streamline Fashion and Automobiles. It was fabulous by the way.

I should have done the photos before, but here is what was left of my hair and makeup when I got home:

2010-NewPhotos117.jpg

side view:

2010-NewPhotos110.jpg

I did soft waves on the top and curls at the ends to disguise my below shoulder length hair. I realize that I am really starting to look like my dad's mother--except that I am about a foot taller than her. Or, maybe it is just the hairstyle.

very nice waves...you look very nice :)

andouta

New in Town
i havent been here for some time..and i can only say that you gals have post awesome pictures of your hair do's :cool2:

D

Deleted member 12480

some relatively sucessful victory rolls this morning. I've found rubbing a tiny bit of moisturiser over your palms ans smoothing it over them holds down flyaways down without looking crispy (hairspray) or making your hair oily. Its a bit messy now, but i've been wearing it all day.

01082010396.jpg

01082010397.jpg

01082010398.jpg

do excuse the spotty, less-than-perfect complexion and worn lipstick!!

xxx

D

Deleted member 12480

thankyou Kate... you need to show us your hairdos more often. :)

and I am quite fond of my hair... .except the my left roll is always tiny and difficult because so much of my hair is on the other side...

:)
xxx

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
deleteduser said:
and I am quite fond of my hair... .except the my left roll is always tiny and difficult because so much of my hair is on the other side...

I have exactly the same problem, except my hair is super fine so my rolls are at least half the size of yours on a good day! I need to find some styles which work with stubbornly straight hair, surely women suffered from the same problem all those decades ago?

Ms*Raven*Lady

New in Town
Lady Jessica said:
Okay so I've got pincurls to an art, I think. I take a shower and put my hair into two braids. Then I wear it all day and at night I take it down and pull it into curls. In the morning I have nice Shirley Temple ringlets. However... when I brush it out it just gets huge and fluffy. Nothing I do seems to settle it down.

Any advice?

I've tried adding moisture but it makes it worse!

Have you tried using Pomade? I heard that it really helps tame flyaways and frizz. In any case, good luck! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails