Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Berlin

Practically Family
Oh Juliet, thanks very much :eek:

Today's hairdo.
2-17.jpg

LittleMissToniJo

One of the Regulars
Tatum - First I am so impressed with how well your set stayed! I'm guessing you didn't brush through the front curls at all then, just with your fingers?

So this was my attempt at your tutorial - don't laugh!! I am going to watch some of the youtube videos on how to do the front portions, it was my first time ever trying such a thing and I really am terrible at it!

It was cool how the front curl just decided to roll itself into a sausage-type thing, so I just left it! I'd like to try it with the little curls coming out, too :)

20110414---Tatum_Tutorial_Attempt_01.jpg

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
^ I think it looks lovely- and pretty darn good for a first attempt at this style- love your hair colour too!

Berlin- Wow! Rather snazzy new avatar Miss!

Tups x

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
Tatum - First I am so impressed with how well your set stayed! I'm guessing you didn't brush through the front curls at all then, just with your fingers?

So this was my attempt at your tutorial - don't laugh!! I am going to watch some of the youtube videos on how to do the front portions, it was my first time ever trying such a thing and I really am terrible at it!

It was cool how the front curl just decided to roll itself into a sausage-type thing, so I just left it! I'd like to try it with the little curls coming out, too :)

20110414---Tatum_Tutorial_Attempt_01.jpg

Cute as a button!

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Its been a week now and I couldn’t be bothered to boost the curls, so I did a roll at the back and the left the wave at the front.
iffy photo sorry!:eek:
GEDC2595.JPG

T x

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I decided to set my Bettie bangs into a pivot set to see if I can do something other than just Bettie bangs with them. I think I like it!
5622753462_ef2e89c32b.jpg

Isis

One of the Regulars
Every single hairdo on this page looks wonderful! Especially Kamikat- I think that suits your face very well. And I love your eyeliner!

I have been playing a little with Tatums tutorial, but so far not got quite the hang of it. I will keep on trying...

BoPeep

Practically Family
ToniJo and kamikat - So great!! My hair is a similar length, but I typically leave the crown smooth with curls around the bottom. I may wrap my pincurls a bit higher next time!

BTW, cute ribbon necklace, kamikat!

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
I decided to set my Bettie bangs into a pivot set to see if I can do something other than just Bettie bangs with them. I think I like it!
5622753462_ef2e89c32b.jpg

You have such a cute face ^_^

and you've inspired me to try that with my Bettie bangs next time! Whenever I do victory rolls with mine it always looks slightly off somehow, and looking at your great photo I'm sure a center parting in them would look much better! :)

Last edited:

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Here is my going out tonight hair. It was a complete accident! You can see the back and read about the accident at my blog... Vintage Starlet

Ignore the dumb look on my face. I was just asked what 2+2 is and obviously I am too blonde to know the answer. Hah!
DSCN3182b.jpg

Tatum

Practically Family
Thanks all! I was really pleased with it yesterday... It lasted another day but just two rolls like I always do, so I didn't bother with pics.

ToniJo, that is gorgeous! I love how you did the back. How did you set it?

Berlin, I love it. I wish I could do rolls like that.

Tuppence, wow. You always have such great hairstyles.

Kamikat, cuuute! I had forgotten how gorgeous your eyes are too. The spring sun really makes them pop!

Lolita, beautiful as always! Aren't accidents fun? :)

crwritt

One Too Many
Thanks Tatum you are very kind. Its not really as reddish as it looks in the picture, but it is pretty variegated lately.
Where is your hair tutorial I heard of?

*Schatzi*

Familiar Face
Here are a few pics of my attempt at a wet set. Well, it was mostly dry but if I didn't do it that way it wouldn't dry for 50 years. :D I've done wet sets lots of times before but using only one kind of roller. It was a mish mash of pin curls, pillow rollers and magent rollers. I think it turned out pretty well. I was going for the 40s 50s soft wave. Sort of Marilyn if and when she rocked long hair and any other starlet of that era and a little Doris Mayday thrown in. Please don't be frightened by my lack of makeup.

DSCF4119.jpg
DSCF4120-1.jpg
DSCF4128-1.jpg

And here was my first attempt at an updo. I think it turned out kinda fun. My victory rolls need some help. lol Please ignore the frightening look on my face.

DSCF4060-1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff