Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
I wanted to post a picture of my today's look but after a walk with the dogs in a terrible wind there is nothing left of my style, next time better first take it on picture.
Anyway I wore a fake bob with a ribbon and a big pink flower, flapper style

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Here was mine yesterday....
IMG_1798-225x300.jpg

It'd be a lot easier to hate you.

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
She really is. I was nervous as heck to meet another vintage type, but it only took 30 seconds to like her. Plus, we have gobs of fun whenever we hang out. Wish you were nearer, Rue, and could join in on the event we're trying to get together down here! (ETA: really, that goes for everyone!)

rue

She really is. I was nervous as heck to meet another vintage type, but it only took 30 seconds to like her. Plus, we have gobs of fun whenever we hang out. Wish you were nearer, Rue, and could join in on the event we're trying to get together down here! (ETA: really, that goes for everyone!)

I so wish I could. I've never been to Florida and it would be lovely to meet both of you. Hopefully one day we'll have the chance. It sounds like you girls always have a great time :)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Tatum, how do you keep your hair so nice and smooth in the humidity? While DC is only hot and humid 3-4 months out of the year, my mother-in-law, who lives in Boca Raton, claims that our summer is just as humid as south Florida.

Tatum

Practically Family
Tatum, how do you keep your hair so nice and smooth in the humidity? While DC is only hot and humid 3-4 months out of the year, my mother-in-law, who lives in Boca Raton, claims that our summer is just as humid as south Florida.

Hi Kamikat! I guess it depends on the set. That one, I didn't brush out the front at all, really (set with lottabody). I let the curls down, finger combed them a tad and put them where I wanted them, then used a tiny bit of hairspray. I use a hydrating shampoo so my hair is not dry. It is also very healthy and I am a naturally oily person. Heck, it might just be that my hair is acclimated to Florida by now! I don't really know :)

Your MIL is right, I bet; I can tell you that it is MORE humid in Western Kentucky in the summer than it is here. It's fun to do my hair when I'm visiting family, as it's more of a challenge ;)

ETA: Most days I do spray the sides a touch and then brush them up with a natural bristle, to make sure everything stays. I get little flyways around my face that make me crazy.

Last edited:

LittleMissToniJo

One of the Regulars
kamikat this is a little OT but you have the perfect 40's lip shape, I am envious.
The hair is lovely, too ;-)

Tatum I LOVE it and I'm looking forward to a new video!!! hint hint ;-)

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
Here's a wet set I did...I put the bottom hair is small velcro rollers and just brushed it all out in the morning when it was dry. Please excuse the mess in the background. :eek:

h.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy