Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Miss Brill

One Too Many
lyburnum said:
003ui6.jpg

001vr5.jpg

002gl1.jpg

Todays hair. First time I tried it and kinda made it up as I went along, so a little messy, but definitely something I'd like to improve on.
Oh wow! So pretty! What a great look. :eusa_clap

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Wow! I love all the new do's ladies! Looking good!!! And Miss Bella Hell, you look just beautiful with the short hair, nice set!! :D

Cheesecakecutie

Familiar Face
Ok here's an up do.....i have hair down past my bra strap now so it took ages to acheive this......my arms ached so much. I didn't use a rat just sheer determination....

image024ze5.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow thats big but , if i try to make it smalller it goes tiny....technology eeekkk

Here's my braid, quick vintage look sorry about the camera shake

I had actually gone to bed with rags in my hair not that you can tell......

I am in love as is everyone else..... with johanna's hair...what a beauty...wow:rolleyes:

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I cut my hair very short, this is a cold set with sponge rollers. Came out great!

hair.jpg

hair1.jpg

OOOHH it looks amazing Miss B_H. I'm actually really wanting to cut mine to that exact style, but I am scared! I love my hair long, but it is so damaged, hence the need for a drastic chop. I'm afraid it won't suit me!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
OOOHH it looks amazing Miss B_H. I'm actually really wanting to cut mine to that exact style, but I am scared! I love my hair long, but it is so damaged, hence the need for a drastic chop. I'm afraid it won't suit me!

Fleur, I was in the same boat as you but I let the lovely Nina chop off my hair last week! I do the pageboy look the most often so wanted my hair to just touch my shoulders when curled under and it's more of an early 1950s look. It's the shortest I've had my hair in about 3 years so it takes some getting used to. I do really like it but I'm not entirely convinced it suits my round face. If you're unsure you could always go shorter gradually to get used to the length. I love your hair now but also think you have the face for shorter, more 30s hair. I'd say go for it!

lyburnum

Practically Family
I tried pin curls for the first time last night. I didn't think I did too badly

img7758rz8.jpg

img7767co3.jpg

However, by the time I got home, with the damp air they'd all fallen out :( Is there anything I can do to stop this? Or do I just need to wear a head scarf when I'm out in the winter?

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Bella - you are stunning, truly! You look amazing!

Fleur - you seem to have a similar face shape to Bella's, so I think that style would look quite becoming on you!

Lyburnum - your pincurls were adorable! Other ladies will probably know better, but I think setting lotion would help.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ladies you are all so sweet, thanks for the compliments.

Fleur - you have a lovely bone structure (high cheekbones!), I'm sure you'd look gorgeous with short hair, plus it's super fun to have short hair! Everything is long long long right now and it's fun to be different.

My stylist once said "short hair suits everyone - if they have the right attitude." I'm inclined to agree.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
lyburnum said:
I tried pin curls for the first time last night. I didn't think I did too badly

However, by the time I got home, with the damp air they'd all fallen out :( Is there anything I can do to stop this? Or do I just need to wear a head scarf when I'm out in the winter?

Lyburnum, your pincurls look great! Most of us weren't so lucky the first time we tried them, and ended up with afros!

Try setting lotion for hold and be sure to use lots of spray on your finished style!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
lyburnum said:
I already had setting lotion and spray in it - hence my frustration! Argh.

What kind of setting lotion did you use, and did you dilute it? If you diluted it, try using it full strength and make sure to comb it through the hair to evenly distribute it. Did you do a damp set or a dry set? Also, make sure that your hair isn't freshly clean - a lot of gals find that curls will stay better in hair that's not been washed the same day (unless you have really oily hair). Also, I'd recommend using anti-humidity hairspray.

lyburnum

Practically Family
I used Amami at full strength and it was combed through the hair. It was a wet set straight after washing, as my hair is fine and gets fairly greasy quickly so I have to do it right away. I'll try an anti humidity hair spray next time though and see how that goes. I've always had problems with my hair style in Autumn/Winter, even when it was straight (if it was straight it'd go curly, if it's curly it goes straight...) so I think I'm just going to have to get a head scarf for my commutes every day.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Hmm, I might go for it then. It'll grow back!

SarahL, I'm going to book an appointment with Nina in a month or so anyway as my mum wants to go to her for a 20s crop! I said I'd get one the same day.
Short hair can be good in winter too for the reasons lyburnum said - the damp air makes curls fall out.

Lyburnum, I have never been able to keep curls in in windy wet weather, no matter how much hairspray, setting lotion, whatever I use on it. Well, the back usually stays ok, but the sides, anything that catches the wind and damp as I walk, do not. I have to either put a scarf over my head or wear a snood over taken out, but not brushed through curls (if that makes sense), which I then brush out when I get to work or the pub, wherever I'm going. My hair is long and heavyish, and this is my only failsafe method!

lyburnum

Practically Family
Fleur where did you get your snood from? I've been looking for one for ages but the only website I found in the UK seems to be defunct!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
From a seller on ebay called aine06 - I think she's got a few up there at the moment. You can get them from Retro L'Amour too, or direct from Nina's Vintage hair parlour (the lady who run Retro L'amour is Nina's friend Julie). Or, I just found www.ladylaudanum.co.uk, who has really pretty ones! She''s got some lovely dresses too, probably should post it in Vintage-inspired Clothing Lines!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I have problems keeping curls in no matter what the weather is like because at the end of the day my hair just wants to remain straight! When I know it's going to be a rainy day I don't even bother setting my hair because I know by the time I even walk to the bus stop they will fall flat. I have problems with the wind too, particularly the tube station I get off for work; it's like a hurricane in there and it completely ruins my hair.

Fleur - I think it'll look really great! I've already booked my next trim with Nina for December because I know how fully booked she gets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo