Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
PrarieSunrise

I think your hairstyle is very vintage looking..it really looks like a true vintage hairstyle, something that a woman would wear everyday. I think it matches your face shape perfectly. I agree with PsychoSue, add a little flower for something extra special...or you could leave it as is and just play up the assesories (sp?). Love your glasses too. :)

BrookOwens

New in Town
PrairieSunrise said:
Ok ladies, I'd like some opinions on this style. I've been practicing how to get my knee length, bang free hair up into a vintage looking style!

fd68b907.jpg

9edf418b.jpg

Any and all advice and critique is much appreciated.
wait you said KNEE LENGTH ???? holy hell!!! SUPER LONG!! that style is super cute though I like it. Im sure you could do some of the beautiful low buns they had as well

Smuterella

One Too Many
Prairiesunrise, its a lovely style, and I agree, it looks truly vintage. A lot of the styles we post in here are probably what would be seen as special occasion or just from the hairdresser styles - not surprising given that our main sources are Hollywood movies and hairdressers magazines.

I really like seeing someone doing a more everyday, natural look.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
~Psycho Sue~ said:
Brooke, It's Psycho Sue on Craftster also :)

Kamikat and Amy: WOW!!! You both are cute as a bag of kittens! :) and your makeup is very cute too!

Today I have accomplished my BETTE DAVIS HAIR circa early 40s! ooooooOOH! I luvs it too!~

21040_1265942261889_1629776159_6771.jpg

Wow. this looks amazing.

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Kymeratale, great waves!
May I ask what set pattern?
K

Hey Kitty, I haven't been on for a couple of days, so I just saw this. It was a sponge roller set and I alternated the direction I rolled each (horizontal) row. The top row I rolled up (so counterclockwise if you did it in pincurls), the next row rolled down (clockwise for pincurls). I did 2 rows on the side and 4 on the back with everything rolled up to the scalp. So far, I have found it easier to get the curls to relax into waves with a sponge roller set, but the curls don't hold nearly as well as pincurls.

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
Here's my do from two weeks ago. I went to see a friend's band play in a local club. It was just a hot roller set with some small rolls on the side to keep it tidy.

bunny chan

Familiar Face
Jenniferose7 said:
Here's my do from two weeks ago. I went to see a friend's band play in a local club. It was just a hot roller set with some small rolls on the side to keep it tidy.
Lovely!!!

B.

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
Jennifer Rose, you are STUNNING!

Inky! WOWOWOW! Your hair always looks soooooo lux!

Today I was snowed in and did a Betty GRabel look...It is ADOR.A.BLE ! I took pics of the set too. Next time I do the Betty Davis set I will show yinz how I set that one too with pics! I just have to put meh face on first!!!

The bangs were 2 rows of counterclockwise barrel curls (start in from the back) then one row of clockwise, then the front row counter clockwise again. My curl sets are not pretty like AMy Jeanne's!
PICT2528.jpg

The sides are swept straight up, and finished in a big counter clockwise pin curl. The back is done in random pin curls.

Before brushing out:
PICT2530-1.jpg

after brush: I dont like the back to look perfect...
PICT2532-1.jpg

then all done...the Grabel bangs are lightly "picked" out and placed.

MEEEOOOOW!
PICT2545.jpg

snow days are good for my hair...I did a 20s and 30s set too! HEHE
PICT2544.jpg

I think i was a hairdresser in the 40s in my past life....

Inky

One Too Many
thanks a bunch PsychoSue!! I love that word "lux!"

Your Betty Grable do is adorable - I wonder if I could try it with my longer bangs (just below chin length). I'd probably have to pin the curls in place, but I think I'll give it a whirl! thanks for the great photos, my fellow redhead!

pixie

Familiar Face
~Psycho Sue~ said:

Today I was snowed in and did a Betty GRabel look...It is ADOR.A.BLE ! I took pics of the set too. Next time I do the Betty Davis set I will show yinz how I set that one too with pics! I just have to put meh face on first!!!

The bangs were 2 rows of counterclockwise barrel curls (start in from the back) then one row of clockwise, then the front row counter clockwise again. My curl sets are not pretty like AMy Jeanne's!
PICT2528.jpg

The sides are swept straight up, and finished in a big counter clockwise pin curl. The back is done in random pin curls.

Before brushing out:
PICT2530-1.jpg

PICT2532-1.jpg

MEEEOOOOW!
PICT2545.jpg

PICT2544.jpg

OMG Sue, love the hair!! Also you and I are clothes twins,,,hee hee that is the cropped cardi from torrid as well isn't it? I was so going to get that but then I thought, ugh its just too short I wouldn't know what to wear it with. BUt I gotta say, I LOVE your style!!:)

HannahJane

Familiar Face
~Psycho Sue~ said:

PICT2528.jpg

Before brushing out:
PICT2530-1.jpg

PICT2532-1.jpg

MEEEOOOOW!
PICT2545.jpg

PICT2544.jpg

I LOVE your hair here! You look really pretty!
I'm also very jealous because when I attempt to do this I just end up looking like there is a poodle sitting on my head. lol

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
I tried a 1900 style~

I saw this photo of this hair style, I CANT find it again.....and tried a recreation...what do you think?

I think it's an early 1900s style.
20sboabest-1.jpg

I used a waving iron to make the waves...I think it's cute! :p

Inky

One Too Many
BoPeep said:
Seriously Inky, does your husband have ear plugs?!? That rocks! Congrats on the Employee of the Year. You two are a great looking couple.

LOL! Yep, BoPeep, he does, 5/8 inch plugs. Mine are 3/4 plugs. Thank you very much for the compliment and I will pass on the congrats to the Mister :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats