Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hats

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
At Last!

Here are some pictures of me in my hats. I finally figured out how to get my camera to take timed shots. I know I look dour and/or weird faced, but I'm not used to being photographed. :cry:

Anyway, the link will get you to the first pic of the album...
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/michaelgarcia13/detail?.dir=/2658&.dnm=c138.jpg&.src=ph

The first three pics are a recent acquisition. A Stetson Downs. It's only a few years old, but a great hat to just bash around in. Got it cheap, the brim was out of whack, so I turned it into the narrowest Indy brim I've ever seen. :p After the Downs are three of the Campdraft everybody loved, and three of the Fed. The discolorations on the Campdraft are from the camera, so there's a second version that I touched up as best I could. Note that the Fed is not an Indy style. I just went with a simple c-crown with the front brim down.

And, yes, I have a big forehead. :rolleyes:

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Here are a few of my hats:

Store.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Thanks for all the compliments, guys and gal!

I wear a hat every day, although it comes off quite often, so I use Royal Crown in my hair, too.

The Real Henry, I'm 16 and attending my junior year of high school. My friends are so used to my vintage clothing, that they don't really say anything anymore. I don't wear suits every day, though. I do once every few weeks. More often, I will wear separates, like a blazer with pants or jeans, but I'm usually just in a leather jacket. In fact, a lot of the time, if I wasn't wearing a hat, I'm not dressed too differently than anyone else in my school. Jeans and a button down shirt aren't too odd, are they? My friends always try to do the snapping suspender thing when I wear braces, and when I tell them that they're the silk kind and aren't stretchy, they give me this sorta "you-crushed-my-childhood-dream" face. If any punks try to give me sh*t, I usually ignore them. Most of them know I own a bullwhip.

My teachers like my clothes. I'm usually quite active in class and quite close with all my teachers. My AP US History likes to hear the little histories on how I find things, how old they are, etc. My guidance counselor likes the style, as he and his friend collect vintage ties. I think it's a matter of how you present yourself as a whole, not just your clothes. Knowing when you need to get down to work or when you get to joke around in class is key to having fun in high school, I think.

Regarding the bow ties, I think the question I get the most is "Can you teach me how to tie one?"

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Ray,

With your outlook and self-confidence, you will undoubtedly go far. I've said it before, so forgive me for being redundant, but you are a class act...a tip of the fedora to you!

- John

Molorom

Familiar Face
Ray,

as always great stuff.
sorry we havent gotten to talk recently ive been really busy.
I always try to wear something each week, but having a gym class makes things sort of difficult considering i have to change 2 times, in 5 minutes which is impossible with full on vintage. I uasualy wear wingtips weekly, or 6 inch moc toe aldens. A newsboy cap is abit easier to deal with at school because i can shove it in my jacket pocket if i need to for some reason, and thats not possible with a fedora. Well... :p it is, it just wouldent look good when you pulled it out. Ill see if i can upload a picture tomorrow. Im also in highschool.

Heres my favorite everyday hat, its a new old stock stetson sovrigen which was unbashed when i picked it up. :cool:
MVC-136X.jpg

MVC-135X.jpg

Adam

Molorom

Familiar Face
Thanks!
I ended up bashing it center dent.
Ive worn it so much its ended up looking like a raiders fedora. Just because i handle it by the pinch. I was trying to get away from raiders styling but it just went in there. Ive worn it in the rain a few times with no ill effects.
Its a mode brim. only cost me 30$.
Adam

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
You think that is funny wierd? Try this:
revPicture1041.jpg

Some of us have no shame here. :p ;)

Regards to all,

J

P.S. Who is that to the right of the photo? ;)

You remind me of a friend I had in highschool, Jamespowers. Are you Sicilian? Anyway, that lovely lady on the wall is Gillian Anderson, the smart-man's goddess. (Hope I didn't offend anyone with that. I'm so used to it, I didn't even think about it.)

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Great Hat

Molorom said:
Thanks!
I ended up bashing it center dent.
Ive worn it so much its ended up looking like a raiders fedora. Just because i handle it by the pinch. I was trying to get away from raiders styling but it just went in there. Ive worn it in the rain a few times with no ill effects.
Its a mode brim. only cost me 30$.
Adam

I really like that one. Elegant in it's simplicity, just the way I like 'em. I'm a big Indy fan, which is probably the root of my love for hats. However, I don't really want a true Indy, and I feel the brim is the major factor. A tight pinch does not an Indy make. I'm trying to avoid the Indy look with my Federation, but when I catch my reflection, I can't help but see the influence. It's a curse.. and a gift. :rolleyes:

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Veronica Parra said:

Here is a Montecristi panama homburg from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I don't know the age: my guess is the mid 1920s.

It's not easy to find vintage panamas made as homburgs. Has anyone else out there seen any?

That is the first I have ever seen and it is amazing! I have been wanting to get a panama hat for some time but haven't seen one blocked in a way I really liked until now!

I wonder if there is any possible way to have that style reproduced in a modern monticristi? Perhaps Panamabob knows?

I would kill to have a modern panama in that exact style in a size 7 1/2!

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
It looks like piece of cake. I'm sure Art Fawcett could do it. Gary White and Corvelli, too.

I'd think a $70.00 hat would do it well, but looks like a $100-$200 jobby on the closeups.

I like the styling on the Belly hat. That Brisa is about $20.00 or so on the wholesale side.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Would they be able to get the brim curled up like that with the proper brim width? Don't panama hats normally have wider brims than that homburg?

I guess I figured that the homburg style was something the weaver would have to account for rather than the person who blocked it.

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
Some recent purchases

Here are a few hats from this weeks outings & one from PB's winter special. Ya gotta luv that red band, thanks RObert! The feather on the Resisto might be suffering from an old form of Avian flu, I need to put it out of it's misery. The Resistol 15 is a sweet lid, soft, & unworn (until yesterday that is!) Found it at an antique store, in the box, with the business card of the sales rep, his phone # was 5 digits, and address was Zone vice Zip code, so I place this in the late 40's to mid 50's

Here is the card:
Image-F0D55CE2547E11DA.jpg-thumb_140_105.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/aquia33/PhotoAlbum136.html

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Nice Hats

Aquia33, those are some nice finds, think you look real good in that chocolate Borsalino, it always cool to find a date reference to a vintage piece with that business card. Enjoy! Peter :hamburger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen