Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Horrockses dresses!

Drappa

One Too Many
This just went for £46.01! What am I missing here? It wasn't even a set with the dress, just the jacket on it's own...:eek:

27C3AB0D1E174485BED618C776DF16F1.jpg

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Drappa

I saw that too, don't get it either all i could think was "Was it sold as a separate? Who ever buys it will have to find the matching dress..." [huh] I'm not a fan of boleros, but i like the fabric print.

Drappa

One Too Many
I think the print is cute, but for one, the cut is pretty simple and nothing special, and secondly, what would one wear it with?

MissHannah

One Too Many
Sarah86 said:
I have a horrockses dress for sale at the moment, I have no idea what to price it at though- any ideas?

Depends on the condition, size, pattern, age etc. Tell us a bit more about it and show us some photos if you have them and we'll help you to work it out :)

Sarah86

New in Town
MissHannah said:
Depends on the condition, size, pattern, age etc. Tell us a bit more about it and show us some photos if you have them and we'll help you to work it out :)

I have listed it on ebay but I want to make sure I've got the reserve right, I'm quite reluctant to part with it as I love it, I love the 40s/50s style but I think it should be worn and I have only worn it once. It's in perfect condition, not a mark or hole in it anywhere, the zip is original. The item number is: #320562927369 there is a photo of the dress and the label, I'd be interested to know how old it is.

lol at the $5 suggestion but no chance, that might just cover the postage.

Drappa

One Too Many
Sarah86 said:
I have listed it on ebay but I want to make sure I've got the reserve right, I'm quite reluctant to part with it as I love it, I love the 40s/50s style but I think it should be worn and I have only worn it once. It's in perfect condition, not a mark or hole in it anywhere, the zip is original. The item number is: #320562927369 there is a photo of the dress and the label, I'd be interested to know how old it is.

lol at the $5 suggestion but no chance, that might just cover the postage.
To be honest, I have watched most Horrockses over the last few months, and bid on a few, and can't recall a single one that went for under £50-60, without reserves. The older they are, the higher the price usually.
I would add the dress' measurements as well, not just the mannequin's and a few more photos (you get 12 free, so why not make full use of it). I am always reluctant to bid if there isn't sufficient information like that, because it makes me feel that the seller can either not be asked, or doesn't know what they are talking about.

Sarah86

New in Town
Drappa said:
To be honest, I have watched most Horrockses over the last few months, and bid on a few, and can't recall a single one that went for under £50-60, without reserves. The older they are, the higher the price usually.
I would add the dress' measurements as well, not just the mannequin's and a few more photos (you get 12 free, so why not make full use of it). I am always reluctant to bid if there isn't sufficient information like that, because it makes me feel that the seller can either not be asked, or doesn't know what they are talking about.

Thanks, I will update the listing, I don't want it to go to someone who intends to sell it on, I bought it because I loved it, I knew nothing about horrockses at the time. I now intend to go to the exhibition when I'm in London next month although I suspect it will make me regret selling the dress.

MissHannah

One Too Many
There was a new one listed today on Ebay that I am SO tempted by... I get paid next wednesday so I might even be able to afford it!

4820815382_42f582081d_z.jpg

Drappa

One Too Many
MissHannah said:
There was a new one listed today on Ebay that I am SO tempted by... I get paid next wednesday so I might even be able to afford it!

4820815382_42f582081d_z.jpg
Great minds think alike... But I say go for it! It's beautiful.

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
I was eyeing that up too, but I think it'll go for more than I can afford.

Did anyone else see the stripey Horrockses dress that nobody bought? It was on a buy it now for £45. I was secretly pleased because it shows sellers that they can't just expect us to want a dress based on the label, the design has to be worth it too.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Yes! I saw that one - it was really lovely, although not a typical Horrockses design at all, and if I'd had the money I totally would have bought it.

Drappa

One Too Many

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
I'm sorry, but I want to message that seller and ask her if there's any chance she could tell her model to stand up straight. Can hardly get any idea what the dress really looks like with her in those odd slouchy poses. Truly, this is not a magazine shoot!

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
MissHannah said:
Yes! I saw that one - it was really lovely, although not a typical Horrockses design at all, and if I'd had the money I totally would have bought it.

It's nice, but I wouldn't pay that much even if I did have the money. I think the florals are far more special.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany