Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your photography

Bugguy

Practically Family
A few shots from Hong Kong and Macau - early 70's.

PICT0122.JPG
PICT0127.JPG
PICT0161 (1).JPG
PICT0128.JPG
PICT0136.JPG

Flightengineer

Practically Family
Thanks! Unfortunately some of the color was lost in scanning the prints - they're old. I was using a Nikomat (Japanese version of the US Nikkormat) and 35mm Ektachrome slide film.

Sir, these are great photos, you do not have to worry about the color rendition.
This is a time machine...old Hong Kong.
My father around the same time that you made these pictures began to get carried away with a color photo. I remember how he printed photographs, prepared reagents by himself and a sorcerer with light filters. I was a kid in the 70's and it was magic for me.

Still, the pictures taken on the film camera have more souls than in the modern digital photo. I think so ...

HanauMan

Practically Family
Thanks! Unfortunately some of the color was lost in scanning the prints - they're old. I was using a Nikomat (Japanese version of the US Nikkormat) and 35mm Ektachrome slide film.

Really good, historical, shots. The subject matter reminds me of National Geographic photos I saw as a kid in the 1970s.

You should check out the Hong Kong photography of Kai Wong on Youtube - under DigitalRev TV. He does all these reviews of camera stuff and tutorials from street photos to bokeh. If your last photo is in HK then he did a sunrise session from around there.

Bugguy

Practically Family
Really good, historical, shots. The subject matter reminds me of National Geographic photos I saw as a kid in the 1970s.

You should check out the Hong Kong photography of Kai Wong on Youtube - under DigitalRev TV. He does all these reviews of camera stuff and tutorials from street photos to bokeh. If your last photo is in HK then he did a sunrise session from around there.

The last shot was on Macau - the fisherman and net. It's one of my favorites.

I'll check out Kai Wong. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn