Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i was just saying the other day..."you never see that toe treatment anymore, boo hoo" (or words to that affect), and lo, there they were ! the only style in the whole shop that had it. i swear if you concentrate on something hard enough you can will it into existence.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That toe treatment sure is something else.

Now I'm going to be wandering round the place muttering, "You never see vintage beltback suits in this country, boo hoo." 'Cause you just never know . . .

Salv

One Too Many
I won these two on eBay this afternoon:
Ties.jpg

I was the only bidder, and got them for £3.99 (about $8.00 American). They look like they should go well with the brown suit that ramblinBOB liked above.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Not vintage, but:

I was at Ross buying linens and I walked through the shoe aisle. I'd been meaning to pick up some running shoes and thought I'd see if they had a decent 15 dollar pair.

Then I saw these:
jm1.jpg

jm2.jpg

Beautiful shoes. They were diamonds in the rough. I couldn't believe they were at Ross. They cost 40 bucks. That's a lot for Ross. I bought them immediately. Later I looked them up on amazon. They are Johnston and Murphy. Priced 150 dollars. Score.

AlanC

Salv said:
I won these two on eBay this afternoon:
Ties.jpg

I was the only bidder, and got them for £3.99 (about $8.00 American). They look like they should go well with the brown suit that ramblinBOB liked above.

Good grab. I got this solid red wool fringed tie at a thrift store a few months ago, which states that it was hand loomed at Stratford-on-Avon:

p10103187gx.jpg

I just picked up these on ebay (still waiting on the pocket square, the cufflinks pic is a stock photo from the BBs website, but those are the same links I got):

921C.jpg

6f2d_1.JPG

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
some recent purchases...

late 40s/early 50s herringbone-front/plain ribbed cardigan:

cardigan00.jpg

early-mid 30s cardigan with darted pockets:

cardigan01.jpg

button.jpg

40s green rayon american dress scarf and 40s english utility label rayon scarf:

scarves.jpg

rayonlabel.jpg

(all deadstock)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Willing clothing into being...

...works better the smaller your size.
The psychic energy drops by a power of ten for every even coat size over 38, and every 1/8 hat size over 7.
Thus a 7 5/8 head is one-tenth as likely to attract a suitable hat as is a 7 1/2 head, and only one-ten-thousandth as likely as a 7 head.

AlanC

NWOT (supposedly) Christy's (London) tweed flat cap, ebay, $14 shipped:

2dce_1.JPG

Vintage button cufflinks, ebay $25 shipped (awaiting delivery):

imageviewqf7.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The Role of Spectators in Divorce Proceedings

Fletch said:
Sharp, Kid - very sharp.

Maybe you can help me with a British term. I've heard spectators called "co-respondent shoes" – not as in reporters, but as in the gigolos you used to hire to "prove adultery" with your wife as preamble to divorce. Anything to that?

Fletch you are correct.They are called co-respondent shoes for that reason.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Parapsychology - Fletcg style

Fletch said:
...works better the smaller your size.
The psychic energy drops by a power of ten for every even coat size over 38, and every 1/8 hat size over 7.
Thus a 7 5/8 head is one-tenth as likely to attract a suitable hat as is a 7 1/2 head, and only one-ten-thousandth as likely as a 7 head.

I think you theory is a proven fact and should be adopted by the Barmen as the official Lounge standard.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Here are some stuff I picked up at (or just prior to) Viva Las Vegas.
Coupla' repro Gab sports shirts from Cad Zoots. . .
PICT0003-9.jpg

Repro Hollywood Jacket (The "Old Gold" Label I mentioned on another thread)
PICT0009-5.jpg

These Japanese repro Rock 'n' Roll pants (Black and Pink Gab!)
PICT0013-3.jpg

...and last but not least, this repro Hollywood Jacket I got in LA just before going!
PICT0010-3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany