Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
single breasted very high peaked lapel, TWO breast patch-pockets (with inverted pleats), semi-patch pockets (i have one flap in and one out, don't ask why), no vents, micro navy/white dogtooth linen/wool blend, semi translucent buttons. not early 30s. brand new.

dogtooth.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i found it in Liberty's, London. it's by a designer brand called 'haversack'. i can find NOTHING about them online !

the rest of their stuff didn't look 30s. i'm thinking it might be a one off fluke.

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
herringbonekid said:
single breasted very high peaked lapel, TWO breast patch-pockets (with inverted pleats), semi-patch pockets (i have one flap in and one out, don't ask why), no vents, micro navy/white dogtooth linen/wool blend, semi translucent buttons. not early 30s. brand new.

it's a good thing i was sitting down when i saw this photo of you in something new.
it's a great jacket. suits you.

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
herringbonekid said:
i know it's a shock. not least to me. but i always said " if someone makes new clothes in the style i like. i'll buy them". or something like that. ;)

i've certainly never heard you say that, but you can bet i'll remind you of it.:)

also, the shoes up above there? beyond handsome.

you know the shoe designer John Varvatos? well, whenever i see a men's shoe i love, often they're his. just wondering if you've ever seen/fancied any. some of his can be silly and trendy, but some are just generic *perfection* and what i'd imagine Tom Waits to wear.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stolen from my post in the thrift thread, I got these last week:

RL Polo alpaca-wool shawl lapel pullover sweater that I suspect retails for some ridiculous amount. As I'm a few pounds off fighting weight, the sweater is good motivation to drop a couple of pounds:

p1010661ts3.jpg

A great looking all wool Woolrich shirt jacket:

p1010664ur7.jpg

$3.50/ea

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
herringbonekid said:

HBK- those are cool shoes.
Some modern designer shoes, even some of the hit-n-miss Italian jobs hint at vintage but/and have added quirks(good)-
-your's have both and actually add much to a vintage ensemble. Between reality and a caricature of it.
Being able to accessorise with shoes in full, 3-tone technicolour(as above) is fantastic.
My cup.

B
T

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
thanks. they're not really 3-tone. the toe is the same colour as the other dark brown areas. i think it just looks darker in that photo. i've used darker polish on the light bits too, to get a patina going and so they're not too contrasty.

herringbonekid said:

dogtooth.jpg

That's a nice jacket, hbk. What is the back treatment? I assume plain since you haven't shown it. And is it lined?

The pockets are a little confusing. Patch up top, but semi-demi-patch down below, with the full flap/besom treatment. Strikes an odd balance.

All in all a very 20s feel to the jacket, especially the lapel shape.

bk

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
it's half lined like an american summer weight jacket. the bottom pockets would be straight forward, except the pocket bag (inside) is topstitched in place on the front, making them look at a glance, patch, which they're not. the back is plain except it has a central panel a bit like that found on a riding jacket, where the seams flare out at the top (difficult to explain. it would be easier to show a pic). it also has an armpit ventilation hole at the front of each pit with topstitched semi-circle around each hole (which holds the armpit guard in place). you can just see this in the photo. honestly, it's a serious bit of engineering. i think the 20s feel is also down to the unpadded shoulders, which give that sloping look.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
shucks.

i've had an idea... when i'm next in London (tomorrow as it happens) i'll go back to Liberty and ask if they have any info on the brand, i'll post it here, then we can maybe give them some more business.

EDIT: i went to ask about the brand. they have no website. all i could find out is that they are new and Japanese.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats