Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just won this on ebay. I'm glad that I won it but it was one of those situations where it only had 1 bid for days, so I thought I was gonna get a really good deal, and at the last minute the price went up. I put in a higher max bid because I really love it and wanted it, but I really didn't think, given it's bid history, that it could have possibly shot up so much more:( But, I wanted it. I have a lot of black dresses that are nice looking but a bit plain. I really love the yellow lace on this one and the bust and waist measurements are perfect.
forty_1177456910.jpg

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Love that black and yellow dress, Daisy! Too cute!

And those transfers are darling, RedHot!

I hope the purse works for you, Shearer. I have a similar one and I love it. :)

Here is one of my latest finds; although it needs a good cleaning, it was a steal at $40. ;)

47b7db20b3127cce84660d685afc00000015108AatmbRq2ctP
47b7db20b3127cce84660d545ac000000015108AatmbRq2ctP

I also picked up this coat for $20:

img.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
Thank you Daisy, Kimberly and JBD!

Daisy, two great dresses and I especially love the first one. I don't know why but it reminds me of an Edwardian gown... the neckline maybe :)

JBD, the the cream gown and jacket is a stunner.

Foofoogal

Banned
If I may be so forward Daisy. I took a look at your myspace photos and you are just so elegant and look like you walked out of the past.
Though you had to fight for the black dress it was made for you.
Jitterbug, your steals are also beautiful also and you also look so vintage realistic.
I want to hang out here all the time so much I have to make myself get back to work. :)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
jitterbugdoll, I especially love the cream ensemble.

Daisy, as always you find the lovliest things.

Shearer, wonderful purse, I have a similar one and I love it.

RedHotRidinHood, those transfers are just fabulous.

KittyT., great bargain, I also would wear them with everything.

Daisy Buchanan

Foofoogal said:
If I may be so forward Daisy. I took a look at your myspace photos and you are just so elegant and look like you walked out of the past.
Though you had to fight for the black dress it was made for you.
Jitterbug, your steals are also beautiful also and you also look so vintage realistic.
I want to hang out here all the time so much I have to make myself get back to work. :)

Thank you so much!!:) Your compliments are so very sweet and appreciated greatly!

Daisy Buchanan

I just won this dress, barely! The ending price was 1 penny lower than my max bid:eek: Yet another dress that had no bids until the very end.
The seller describes it as "aerodynamic". I don't even know what to call it. I'm not even sure if I get it, it's just so out there and a bit over the top, that I had to have it! The seller says that the "things" on the front that are over the buttons are airplanes. I'm not sure if that's what they are. They kind of remind me of bullets or little torpedo's. Then there is the white at the neckline and the "wings" on the sleeves. I'm thinking that this was some sort of war time dress. Maybe the buttons are the bombs and the white at the neckline is the cloud of smoke they create when they hit their target. I have no idea, I know I'm reaching with my thoughts about it. I wish I could find some information about it. There's just so much going on. I guess I saw it as a creative dress. I've certainly never seen anything like it! It's probably just some random dress that was made because the maker liked the white and the "torpedo's" and wanted to use them on a dress. It's gonna be a bit big in the waist, but I figured I can cinch it with the belt or get it taken in.
fg7a.jpg

fg7i.jpg

fg7g.jpg

fg7f.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

And here's another win. It's kind of stressful when all the items I'm watching on ebay are up on the same day. If they were up on different days I wouldn't feel as though I was spending as much because I'd pay for them individually. But since they all came up within a few hours of each other I have to pay for them all at once:eek:
I'd like to day I'm done for a while, but I just can't seem to stop. Every time I think that I'm not gonna buy any more for a while, something appears that I just "have to have"! Honestly none of my clothes from last summer fit so I do need some things:D
I really like the style of this dress, but I'm not sure if I'm crazy about the fringe at the neckline. I wonder if it would be possible to get rid of it, give it a "hair cut". I'll have to wait until I get it to see if it can in fact be removed without ruining the dress. I hate to change the look on anything vintage, and I do love the rest of the dress, especially that it is knit, but the fringe annoys me. Not enough to not have bought it. Maybe it will look better in person. I think it was a pretty good deal for $32...
8c6b_1.JPG

9e9b_1.JPG

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly you get the sweetest and cheapest deals!!

Ladystardust those dresses are adorable!

Shearer great find on the purse!

Kitty that is a great jewelry set, cute bows!

JBD, lovely new duds. I can really see that top one on you in a photo shoot soon!

Daisy, I agree.. that black lacey dress is very edwardian looking~ love it! You're really snagged some interesting peices!

I too have been going crazy buying things since I'm at my new weight. That's how I'm rationalizing it anyway... either way I'd HAVE to buy new clothes, so it may as well be OLD new ones! ;)
Here's my latest:

As most of you may know I like to take pre-made things and make them into other garments. This yellow slip will be a perfect base for Rose's breakfast gown on Titanic.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260111779873&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=016

Love this red number!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270113240250&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=017

cute blue dress
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270111836776&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=017

I also got a fashion drawing book for the 40's, a vintage pair of navy sandals, and I bought myself 3 pairs of shoes at Charlotte Russe for $23 total!! Pics later!

Nikki

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I´m a book-worm...

510VJ8CRB4L._SS500_.jpg

I allways observe the books I want on amazon and than buy them used when they go really cheap... I try to limit myself with 1-2 fashion books a month though... I guess that´s my fashion book for this month ;) Or maybe...... one more? lol

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Daisy-the buttons on that dress are fabulous!

Sari-I have the 1940s fabric book and I love it. It's so much fun to study. :)

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone! I have plans for that cream dress--it might be my new favorite. ;)

Daisy Buchanan

Foofoogal said:
Daisy,
You are welcome. Those buttons are most definitely Art Deco period.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Deco
Not sure how much you paid for the dress but the buttons themselves have value. Since the dress is so unique not sure either if they originally went with the dress.

I thought that the buttons alone might have some value, that's why I bought it even though it isn't my size. I paid $101 for it, which I thought given it's possible rarity was a steel. I'm really surprised more collectors didn't bid on it.

Thanks JBD!! If I ever lose the weight I've been planning on losing, I'm so borrowing both the dress and the green jacket!! I think you're gonna have to get a combination lock for your closet!!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
I thought that the buttons alone might have some value, that's why I bought it even though it isn't my size. I paid $101 for it, which I thought given it's possible rarity was a steel. I'm really surprised more collectors didn't bid on it.

Thanks JBD!! If I ever lose the weight I've been planning on losing, I'm so borrowing both the dress and the green jacket!! I think you're gonna have to get a combination lock for your closet!!

Your closet will need a lock, too! Luckily, neither of us minds sharing, so I guess that means both of our wardrobes have technically doubled. ;)lol

decodoll

Practically Family
jitterbugdoll said:
Daisy-the buttons on that dress are fabulous!

Sari-I have the 1940s fabric book and I love it. It's so much fun to study. :)

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone! I have plans for that cream dress--it might be my new favorite. ;)

I was wondering if that was the dress. :) It's absolutely gorgeous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff