Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I just got this 40s garbardine dress on Ebay with a buy it now. Very reasonable price. I've been all about this coral color lately and just bought my fella a matching shirtjac for his birthday! Of course, I know what this means - now I have to be on the lookout for navy shoes, as I have nothing to match this dress!

ec53_1.jpg

eda5_1.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I got this for a steal on the bay! My wardrobe is lacking in the hat department. Right now, this is my only vintage hat.
b6ad_1.JPG

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
9.jpg

This dress was cheap because the arm and side where split right on the seam. It took 3 seconds to fix.
5.jpg

This doesn't show up well but it's a really cute dress that fits perfectly.

Josephine

One Too Many
kamikat said:
I got this for a steal on the bay! My wardrobe is lacking in the hat department. Right now, this is my only vintage hat.

man this super serkit vacation I'm saving up for better, rock, I would have loved getting that hat! :rage:

The Shirt

Practically Family
Darn it Diva - you're so darn cute.
Goldwyn - I found the most perfect poodle lamps for your collection this weekend - I immediately thought of you when I saw them.

Here's what I picked up instead though. Cute little cherry pin (poor picture) and yet another handbag. But this one is in pristene condition, from britain, tags attached and a lush leather interior.

Picture063.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I will take pictures!

imoldfashioned said:
Wow! Stunning! Can we see the matching piece you have?

It's signed "WMCA" which is White Metal Casters Association, dating it to the early 30s. I have this amazing HUGE bracelet (which a friend who knows these things says may be 20s Chanel) and the dress clips. I am a sucker for emeralds! I am planning to make an emerald gown this spring.

I will make a little display and take pics. For some reason my camera and my laptop are not speaking to each other, so every time I want a picture, I have to download it to hubby's array and export them - it's cramping my style on the Lounge!

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
I found this lovely dress on the 'bay.
yellowdress.jpg
yellowdressd.jpg

We clean and repair vintage dresses at my work, so I'm going to bring it in there and try to get it as white as possible, take it in a smidge and any other repair work that may need to be done. Then I think I'm going to take off that pleating at the top and replace it. I don't think it works with the dress. What do you think?
yellowdressa.jpg

SarahLouise

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Gorgeous Sari!

I just won these two little beauties dirt cheap from Ebay US:

pendleton.jpg

pinkblouse.jpg

I'm particularly chuffed with the pendleton jacket - it's so hard to find them in smaller sizes so I've been looking for ages and it was only $25 inc shipping.

I have a very similar orlon top - same colour, same type of beading to the collar, but it's a pull over style and not a button up blouse. Ah, the exchange rate is great isn't it? :D

SarahLouise

Practically Family
KittyT said:
I just got this 40s garbardine dress on Ebay with a buy it now. Very reasonable price. I've been all about this coral color lately and just bought my fella a matching shirtjac for his birthday! Of course, I know what this means - now I have to be on the lookout for navy shoes, as I have nothing to match this dress!

ec53_1.jpg

eda5_1.jpg

I was watching that KittyT, glad to see it went to a lounger! I love the contrast of the coral with navy. As well as matching shoes you'll need a matching handbag too ;)

ShortClara

One Too Many
Cherry_Bombb said:
Then I think I'm going to take off that pleating at the top and replace it. I don't think it works with the dress. What do you think?
yellowdressa.jpg

I think it's very cute! Don't hurt it :(

Just kidding - do what you will. I think it won't stand out as much on a body with a slip underneath.

Dead Pan, you're adorable!

Such cute purses, all! I MUST get a lucite purse soon *sigh*

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
SarahLouise said:
I was watching that KittyT, glad to see it went to a lounger! I love the contrast of the coral with navy. As well as matching shoes you'll need a matching handbag too ;)

Luckily I do have a navy handbag, not vintage though. Oh! and a chance to wear my FFs with navy heels and seams :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou