Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

MissHannah

One Too Many
sophia la shok said:
miss Hannah, how are you finding your hot sticks?
i've had mine for a few weeks now and they're great but they are making my hair so dry cos they're so hot! i've tried all sorts of heat protection serum and spray but i think it's one of those times where i may need some hot oil/conditioning treatment.

hot sticks are still just swell though.

Haven't tried them yet - going to have a go tonight and I'm embarrassingly excited! That's good news if they are super-hot - should work really well on my stubborn hair! My hair is ALWAYS heat damaged - I used GHDs for years which just wreck hair like nothing else, so I figure heated rollers/hot sticks can't possibly be as bad as that. I picked up some Schwarzkopf heat protector spray that is also a setting spray for curls; it was well cheap and holds my curls impressively well. I can't vouch for its heat-protecting qualities just yet though, it's only been 3 days :)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i just purchased this for $60!!! and she threw in the upholstered vanity chair as well! they were pulled out of a house in my neighborhood that has sat, abandoned, for the last 15 years. i got a tour of the house thrown in as well! now to find someone with a truck to help me pick it up :rolleyes:

EDIT: my image isn't working, will post in a second!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
here it is:
2347714809_ba477fa774_o.jpg

no pic of the chair... i want to reupholster it anyway though :)

zaika

One Too Many
ohhh... shooshoobaby!!! that's divine! :eek:

i've been looking for something like that the last coupla months. the closest i've come so far is on ebay. $175 just for shipping...yeah, no.

you lucky girl!!! lol

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
zaika said:
ohhh... shooshoobaby!!! that's divine! :eek:

i've been looking for something like that the last coupla months. the closest i've come so far is on ebay. $175 just for shipping...yeah, no.

you lucky girl!!! lol

thanks zaika! i see them all the time for cheap, i could let you know next time i find one since we live in the same town. i obviously don't need two, i really don't even need one! pm me with your phone number and expect a call within the next 2 months or so. seriously!

lyburnum

Practically Family
Today I was feeling down after an argument with the boy, so I went to Primark to cheer myself up (on the cheap!)

I came home with this for £12. It'll make a lovely day dress in the summer
img0073yk6.jpg

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Bought this denim shirt-dress in Warehouse today... the skirt is very full. I'm going to 50's it up a bit!

050027274_fr.jpg

zaika

One Too Many
i got this radio in the mail today! i'm scared to turn it on...but it looks nice for now. lol

what do you think? one doily?

2350776094_39a87c9ef8.jpg

or two?

2349942523_386e23890e.jpg

olive bleu

One Too Many
kamikat said:
These aren't vintage, but they go well with my new dress. I might have to return them, though. The heel is so high that I don't think I can walk in them.
keri12x_bluea.jpg

These are too cute, but i would truly break my neck:eek:

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
olive bleu said:
These are too cute, but i would truly break my neck:eek:

It wasn't until I showed them to a friend and she suggested that I take tiny steps, like a geisha, that I was able to walk in them. I'll keep them because they're so cute, but they will be for special occasions only.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I dragged my friend Dexter along antiquing with me today. Here's what I got.

I apologize for the quality.

Gingham blouse with 3/4 sleeves and Peter Pan collar:
l_e59f94c84e12fc1ec1c8cfe24cf893e5.jpg

Pirate clock and metal baking dishes (dishes only $3!):
l_5a0c7ff14217351718ce992f67572c32.jpg

ShortClara

One Too Many
kamikat said:
It wasn't until I showed them to a friend and she suggested that I take tiny steps, like a geisha, that I was able to walk in them. I'll keep them because they're so cute, but they will be for special occasions only.

LOL when you have size five feet like me, there's only so high a shoe I can wear before I run out of foot to go up! They are cute, but would be like toe shoes for me :p

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
lyburnum said:
Today I was feeling down after an argument with the boy, so I went to Primark to cheer myself up (on the cheap!)

I came home with this for £12. It'll make a lovely day dress in the summer
img0073yk6.jpg
I was looking for that last week! Couldn't find it though, came home with some cute cardigans instead xxxx x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn