Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
So Miss Bella and I went shopping yesterday..... usually that means good news for my closet and bad news for my bank account.

Diane Von Furstenberg dress - knit dress with cherry print collar. Miss Bella traded it for a Shu Eumera eyelash curler :)
DvFdress.jpg

Celluloid necklace. Too cute! Love the little metal accents. Now I'm going to obsess over finding a matching bracelet and earrings.
bluenecklace.jpg

What will heretoforth be known to me as THE Purse. I've been looking for a large black purse for awhile and finally found the one. 14"x8"x5" - big, a few little pockets, and zipper pockets on the top on either side of the main compartment! I'm guessing 60s.
thebigpurse.jpg

50s cashmere sweater. So cute, had to have it!
periwinklesweater.jpg

periwinklesweaterdetail.jpg

And the piece de resistance... this dress is handmade, and not a sarong dress, but the top reminds me a lot of the Peggy Wood dresses with those tiny sleeves. Lots of boning and very sturdy bodice construction. Now, I just need a strapless bra.
thedress.jpg

thedressdetail.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
KittyT I LOVE that cherry collar dress! And I'm still looking for THE purse. The only big purses I've found have been briefcases. :(

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KittyT said:
Great radio, Zaika!

I say NO doilies! I prefer the clean, simple lines of the lamp and radio without.

I agree, doilies are not the right look at all with that streamlined lamp and radio, and are about 50 years early for the ashtrays.

But then, I really have never liked doilies except in Victorian decor.

Foofoogal

Banned
Now I'm going to obsess over finding a matching bracelet and earrings.

Love this necklace but completely understand. I have been looking for a faux coral necklace and earrings for about a year now to match a bracelet I bought. I have seen about 100 and none match exactly. :eusa_doh:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Foofoogal said:
Love this necklace but completely understand. I have been looking for a faux coral necklace and earrings for about a year now to match a bracelet I bought. I have seen about 100 and none match exactly. :eusa_doh:

Yeah, you just never know when something will pop up, though! I have a Trifari bow set that I got on ebay and I have seen it on Ebay several times since then, and was able to find earrings to match (not the exact design, but similar design by the same maker). I was in a store this weekend and saw the same necklace, but in gold instead of silver, which I'd not seen before. I know Bella has managed to piece together at least one set over time as well.

MissHannah

One Too Many
This coat arrived today at last! I won it ages ago but it got a little delayed in transit. I know it's 60's really but it's going to look lovely (and quite 50's) with a pencil skirt and heels don't you think?!

ecbc_1_b.jpg

Goldfish

A-List Customer
MissHannah said:
This coat arrived today at last! I won it ages ago but it got a little delayed in transit. I know it's 60's really but it's going to look lovely (and quite 50's) with a pencil skirt and heels don't you think?!

ecbc_1_b.jpg

stunning! would you mind telling me the seller?
I am searching for nice vintage coats to, with no luck...

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
MissHannah said:

ecbc_1_b.jpg

Never underestimate the power of a 60's coat!!!;) Gorgeous find, ultra glamourous, you'll look like a bond girl!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy