Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Folly

One of the Regulars
Here's my one Fleur :)
I found it for £3 in an antique shop.

fiftiesbrooch.jpg

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Folly said:
Here's my one Fleur :)
I found it for £3 in an antique shop.

fiftiesbrooch.jpg

What a great deal!

Here's what I picked up over the weekend
016-1.jpg

I can't date this dress. It's synthetic and has a front zipper - something I haven't had since my uniform from when I was a housekeeper at a hotel! I love the dots and stripes together. $3.50. I great deal but I look disturbingly like my mom in it.

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
MaryDeluxe said:
Thanks gals!

The hat is adorable and in mint condition but I just don't know if it works for me? Now I see why it's always important to go shopping with a girl friend!

Your dress is wonderful and I think the hat looks absolutley Gorgeous on you.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Caroline, cute dress! I'm getting a 70s does 40s kind of vibe from the collar and front zip.

I sniped this this morning :) I'm so excited!

e02c_12.JPG

ShortClara

One Too Many
Fleur, I'm so jealous of your Swirl dress!

GlueGun, *such* a cute bag!

MaryDeluxe, you look amazing in your dress and the hat!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
great buys, everyone!

i SCORED (EDIT) saturday. keeping in mind that i'm at the upper-end of the vintage size spectrum, i am thrilled. i think i paid about $110 total for everything.

amazing floral-print dress with all the original buttons and kickpleats! i'll have to wear a waist-cinch with it since the waist is a little tight.
2377885168_422e8784a2.jpg

pink blouse with glass buttons. i LOVE casual blouses!
2377886160_278b755e38.jpg

long dress with bolero. has some discoloration under the arms on the dress itself, which is concealed by the bolero. i'm going to keep it till i lose a little weight and if it still doesn't fit (might be a ribcage issue) , i'll list it in the classifieds.
2377049397_bc1544ae2e.jpg
2377048839_723285668d.jpg

another long dress! sea green with puffed sleeves. also needs a little weight-loss to happen. pretty dress.... horrid pic!
2377052479_1c93d74e36.jpg

black platform pumps - in my size!!! :D
2377888796_f4dfb136ed.jpg

i. am. stoked.

alexandra

Practically Family
Ahh I have a hanger full of dresses for when I lose weight. Hopefully you actually get to wear yours in the near future unlike SOME of us! haha

ShortClara

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
Hi gals, Sorry to sound clueless, but what does VBO stand for? I'm reading through this thread, only on p 240, and people keep saying it.

VBO = Vintage Blow Out. It's a search term vintage sellers on ebay use 4 times a year to showcase their sales, which are $19.99 and under.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Joie DeVive said:
ShooShoo, that yellow sun-dress and bolero are gorgeous! Good finds! :eusa_clap

i am apalled at how little i paid for it - the seller was on-site and gave me a deal since i knew it wouldn't fit right away!!

i also realized there was another pair of shoes in my total spent, that i forgot to photograph!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I got the simplicity sewing book that was in the Simplicity sewing movie I posted a few days back.

I got it for 99 cents :)

Simplicity Sewing Book - 1947

Simplicity, 8 ¬? x 11‚Äù, 1947, 88 pages, small amount of writing and name on cover.

“Helpful Hints for Beginners and Experts.”

Contents: Make the Most of Your Figure; What Pattern Type Are You; Sewing Tools; Measurements of Simplicity Patterns; Record Your Measurements; Check Your Pattern; Pattern Alterations; Putting a Garment Together; How a Dress Should Fit; Professional Tips on Stitching; Pressing; Facts About Fabrics; Prepare Your Fabric; Cutting and Marking; Cutting Novelty Fabrics; The Right Methods are Quickest and Easiest; Needle and Thread Guide; Pinning and Basting; Hand Sewing; Seams; Seam Finishes; Hems; The Best Colors for Your Type (by hair color); Corners; Darts; Tucks; Bindings; Pipings and Facings; Gathering and Shirring; Ruffles and Flounces; Pleats; Pleats and Godets; Bound Buttonholes; Piped and Worked Buttonholes; Neckline Finishes; Collars; Sleeves; Sleeve Finishes; Sleeve Openings and Finishes; Shoulder Pads; Plackets; Slide Fasteners; Fastenings; Pockets; Fastenings and Weights; Buttons, Loops, Braid and Other Trimmings; Embroidery and Other Fine Handwork; Hand Hemstitching; Decorative Details; Lace and Edgings; Boys’ and Men’s Clothing; Coats and Jackets; Belts of Fabric; Working with Fur; Index.

678c_1.JPG

zaika

One Too Many
shooshoo...we definitely need to hang out sometime soon. preferably when you come across those fabulous finds. lol

Foofoogal

Banned
A Swirl wrap dress from the late 40s or early 50s.

I was going to fight for that one. I had saved it but doing taxes and waiting to see if I have to pay. I loosely collect Swirl dresses. I think they are the ultimate in feminine but you really have to watch the measurements. Some are for tall ladies and some not. I guess as with any vintage. :)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
SSB--that dress with the bolero will look darling on you eventually!

I try not to buy things that don't fit me now but sometimes you just can't resist. I've got a navy blue beaded wiggle dress and a great patterned 1940s day dress set aside for "someday"

I love the dress you snagged too Short Clara--lovely color

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
yeah, i couldn't pass up the yellow dress!! i usually don't buy stuff to lose weight into anymore, but a friend and i are starting a sugar-free thing soon so we can fit into all our vintage goodies! the prices were so low i shouldn't have any trouble getting the money back if i eventually have to sell it. it seemed like a safe bet :)

zaika, we will hang out sometime soon!

i HAD a swirl dress - a former friend's little sister "borrowed" it without telling anyone and i never got it back. it was so cute! i've never quite gotten over the loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff