Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Caroline

One of the Regulars
ShooShooBaby said:
the fact that i won't have an income in a couple months and my rent just nearly doubled has sent me on a totally irrational spending binge. here's a dress i bought yesterdayafternoon (and wore in the evening!):
2558315201_945fed6bdf_o.jpg

(please ignore the state of my apartment... i just moved in sunday and it's still a DISASTER!)

Wow you look great as always, and your bangs are an inspiration! Look out everyone, I'm getting out the sharps tonite!

Enjoy the new place. I know how those spending binges go - in proportion to the pressures in one's life!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Darhling said:
I haven't tried Agent Provocateurs stockings yet, but I do love Femme Fatale - don't you just love the owners?! I bought Cervin stockings there, and I can really reccommend since they are really hard to rip and stays in form on your leg

Oh do you have a pic of Dita wearing those?! I must admit she is a bit of a style icon for me.. All the sunglasses I had just didn't go with my outfits (really big, really dark).

Yup, the Cervin stockings are some of my favorite ones too, I actually quite like the more crude, non-stretch texture, compared to the Ars Vivendi ones (very silky soft!). It depends on the occasion, though.

You bet, here's the picture of Dita with your sunglasses. She has impeccable style.

2558463237_691296350b_o.jpg

They're lovely sunglasses! How much are they in DKK?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:
Yup, the Cervin stockings are some of my favorite ones too, I actually quite like the more crude, non-stretch texture, compared to the Ars Vivendi ones (very silky soft!). It depends on the occasion, though.

You bet, here's the picture of Dita with your sunglasses. She has impeccable style.

2558463237_4d944822e0_o.jpg

They're lovely sunglasses! How much are they in DKK?

Oh she looks gorgeus!! they were 1950 dkk, so compared to other expensive sunglasses, they aren't that bad. My mom bought a pair also lol But I think they have afew more pairs in stock.

Oh I must feel the Art Vivendi ones the next time I am in there!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
This sounds like me:
ShooShooBaby said:
the fact that i won't have an income in a couple months and my rent just nearly doubled has sent me on a totally irrational spending binge. here's a dress i bought yesterdayafternoon (and wore in the evening!):
*swoon*

lyburnum

Practically Family
You know I love those wedges to death. *sigh* Plus I was thinking about it, and you have wanted a new pair of shoes for a while, and they are very beautiful, and it's not like it was a rush purchase ;)

Blondie

Practically Family
Those red shoes are great !
They look like the Clarks Bombay Lights that we don't get in the USA,
have found one site in the UK that have black ones that will ship here.
But the red ones are magnificent, and i remember someone saying they also
came in green !!!!!!!!
Hannah, those white wedges are fabulous, and just in time for summer too.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:

QUOTE]

You look gorgeous ShooShoo, that's a terrific dress on you. I love your dark hair and pale skin, just like Snow White! I can see why you are the subject of countless girl crushes here.

It's so funny I do the exact same thing when I know that money will be tight for a while I just go and spend a whole heap of it in one go, crazy!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
I just blew my monthly budget on these lovely Clarks' wedges:
ClaOllowViewWhtN.jpg

Those are so lovely Hannah, just perfect for the summer and I'll bet they'll go with everything so don't worry about blowing your budget!

I've been wanting to see a pair in the shops so I can try them, and check out the heel height but haven't been able to find them. Did you order yours online?

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Blondie said:
Those red shoes are great !
They look like the Clarks Bombay Lights that we don't get in the USA,
have found one site in the UK that have black ones that will ship here.
But the red ones are magnificent, and i remember someone saying they also
came in green !!!!!!!!
Hannah, those white wedges are fabulous, and just in time for summer too.

Yes that's exactly what they are, and you can get them in several different colours. In the UK: Black, Red, Mid Grey, Green and Brown and in Germany I think that they are doing them in Camel!

It might be worth checking out if there are any on Ebay that will ship to the USA as another PR lady got hers off Ebay a few months back and managed to save about 30% on the price.

Mary

Practically Family
This weekend's purchases. Some quite stiff 40's snakeskin shoes. I got them cheap so it's worth the risk. I so hope I can get them soft. And a little evening "purse". I think it's from the 20's. It's very cute. And some 60's earings. And a thing to cut my birtdaycake in jugendstyle I forgot when taking my photo. I just love the summer and the fleamarkets!

2008_0609strand10011-1.jpg

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
AllaboutEve said:
Yes that's exactly what they are, and you can get them in several different colours. In the UK: Black, Red, Mid Grey, Green and Brown and in Germany I think that they are doing them in Camel!

It might be worth checking out if there are any on Ebay that will ship to the USA as another PR lady got hers off Ebay a few months back and managed to save about 30% on the price.

For the gals who own the cute UK Clarks shoes - Do the British Clarks run large in size like the US Clarks do? I usually wear a size 9, but usually have to get an 8.5 when I buy Clarks here in the U.S. Thanks!

Sunny

One Too Many
GREEN Re-mix wedges, buy-it-now for $50!! I already have a '50s skirt in exactly this color, and fabric to make a '40s one. Score!

f4c8_1.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff