Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
Thanks Daisy- I like the low heel too. They will be perfect with a 50s suit, I think. The original price tag reads $10.99- that was probably a lot to pay for shoes back then.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Honey Doll said:
Daisy that blue cotton number is darling! Do you mind saying where the hemline falls?

Honey Doll
On me it falls about an inch and a half below the knee. I am only 5'1, so most regular length dresses are long on me. I must say it is a very comfortable dress. The people who own the shoppe are really nice, and they have very fast shipping. If I ever buy vintage reproductions, I buy from them. Just a note, I think their skirts run a little on the larger side, so I tend to get a size smaller than I normally take. The dresses are a little smaller in the bust, so I tend to go up a size in them. They do have measurements for everything they sell, and they are usually very true, which is an added bonus.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
finally, I win

I finally won something on ebay. It is an early 1900's tea dress. I don't think it got a lot of bids because it was listed under the wrong era. Because of this, it was an easy win, and I definitely got it for a very good price. I'm just hoping that it is in as good condition as the seller says. I haven't had much luck with honest sellers lately.

Don't you just love hand bags??

I had to have these.
d2_1.JPG

27_12.JPG

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I was very bad and bought some patterns over the last few days... but they were buy it now and such a good price (about $5 each) I couldn't help my finger from pushing the button.
c0_1_b.JPG

99_1_b.JPG

Snookie

Practically Family
Those are great, Lauren! And $5 each? What a steal!:eusa_clap

(Being very bad could easily turn into being very good if you could bear to relist them -- they're all 30's McCall's? You could turn a pretty profit on them.)

I bought a bunch of patterns last week too, none at such a good price. I'll post pics when I get them.

Lauren

Thanks, Snookie! You know, as hard as it would be to part with them, if I ever get in a severe pinch I could sell them... kinda what made me give in and buy them! But the 30's Mccalls are the ones I collect the most, so it would be heartbreaking!

I want to see your patterns! Please post pics when you can!

Lauren

Here's a pic of me yesterday wearing a dress I bought from Dick Jane and Spike down here in Oceanside, ca. I unfortunately managed to rip a couple holes in the side yesterday (bah! Can't I learn my lesson and just wear repros?!) But here's a pic of my on my friend's bike. The bike is from 39-40 and my dress is about from the same time :)
johnnysbike.jpg

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
That's a great picture Lauren! And a great dress! Maybe worth copying? Though I am sure it would be difficult to find a new fabric with as much character as the original!

Katydid

One of the Regulars
I've been a very very very bad girl

I seem to have lost my head. I think I spent about $150 last week. I'm trying to break the news to Brian very slowly. Like, I just casually mention something I have so whenever he sees something new I can just be like oh yeah I've had this forever....remember, I told you about it?
Greensuit.jpg
I really love this color green and it's got some a sort of goldenrod yellow running through it. The only thing is that the person who owned this suit seemed to have been very tiny on the bottom but had a disprportionately large bosom. I swear the jacket has a 25 waist and a 38 bust.
bluedress.jpg
I wasn't sure about this dress because I thought it was cute but plain, but I really like it in person. It is sort of lacking in detailing but that leaves plenty of room to be creative with accessories.

Katydid

One of the Regulars
Shopping spree continued......

SoninService.jpg
I obviously don't have any call to wear a Son in Service pin but the collector in me wanted it.
GoldVanity.jpg
I just love little vanities. This is only missing a comb. Does anyone ever see little combs laying around that fit inside these vanities?
Bluearmycompact.jpg
This is one of two. I bought the other one too....it's exactly the same only white....why?....no one knows....I must have lost my head.
AAFCompact.jpg
Army Air Force compact. I'm unusally attracted to simplicity.
AAFBracelet.jpg
Army Air Force bracelet.
Also, I don't have a picture of it, but my grandmother bought me a gold bracelet with an exapandable wrist band. It has a heart shaped locket with the Army eagle on it.

Snookie

Practically Family
ooh, those are really neat purchases! I don't have hardly any vintage accessories, so I'm especially jealous of the bracelet and pin. Very nice! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic