Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lorena B

Practically Family
Darhling, that Boots Rose skin tonic is THE BEST thing I have tried in a long time.

Is definitely a great buy and I recommend it to anyone.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Darhling said:
Miss Golightly, that dress and bag are to die for!!

A few things from Boots vintage skincare line.. I wish we had boots over here :)

DSCN0475.jpg

DSCN0477.jpg

Thanks Darhling!

Gosh - you certainly stocked up in Boots - their sales must have gone through the roof when you got there!

Exquisite Bones and Antje - thank you so much - Etsy is just such a great place to shop - and you got some delightful earrings there EB, I might add!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Audrey Horne said:
It's been in Target here for a couple of months. The only things that have kept me from buying them are the lavender and rose scents. I'm not usually fond of those scents. Can anyone tell me how strong they are? They're all closed up at the stores.

Oh. I looked in a Target here in Vegas two weeks ago and didn't see it. I'll check a different store, Thanks :)

daniaingeal, That suit is fabulous

Lauren, love the shoes

Blondie

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Oh. I looked in a Target here in Vegas two weeks ago and didn't see it. I'll check a different store, Thanks :)
Hey Goldwyn Girl,
if you can't find it there just let me know & i will get it for you, i have seen it at all the Targets here !!!!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I just won my first ever vintage evening-type dress. Cocktail dress? Either way, all my original vintage dresses are cotton sun dresses, and my smarter ones are all repros. I always resisted because I'm not up for dry cleaning, either the bills or the potential risk. But I am going to get myself some dress shields and wear this lovely! It actually has a long enough bodice for me, which is so unusual. And it seems to be absolutely pristine! I love the peplum, something I have always coveted on a dress.

3440563429_599b10af9c.jpg

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fleur De Guerre said:
I just won my first ever vintage evening-type dress. Cocktail dress? Either way, all my original vintage dresses are cotton sun dresses, and my smarter ones are all repros. I always resisted because I'm not up for dry cleaning, either the bills or the potential risk. But I am going to get myself some dress shields and wear this lovely! It actually has a long enough bodice for me, which is so unusual. And it seems to be absolutely pristine! I love the peplum, something I have always coveted on a dress.

3440563429_599b10af9c.jpg
Fleur, that will look amazing on you!!

I just bought this for my new bathroom:
!BQDK8DwBGk~$(KGrHgoH-DMEjlLluysEBJ20SO0fNw~~_1.JPG

Not sure what to put in it since I already have something similar for my cotton balls and q-tips, but maybe my guest size soaps. Any suggestions?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Fleur, that is fabulous! Just a note of precaution from one who made the mistake personally... don't get things with sequins dry cleaned. They melt! I ruined a great jacket that way :(

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Lauren said:
Fleur, that is fabulous! Just a note of precaution from one who made the mistake personally... don't get things with sequins dry cleaned. They melt! I ruined a great jacket that way :(

Some old buttons will melt as well. I had a 1940s blouse with clear plastic buttons dry-cleaned and the buttons melted.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Lauren said:

And you can't wash anything with old sequins either - they used to make them out of geletine!

I know as I accidently dropped a 30s sequined cape that was my Nana's outside when it was raining - Goodbye sequined cape, hello gloopy mess. I was only about 9 and it upset me hugely.

So how does one clean something like that then? Anyone?

Lorena B

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Fleur, that will look amazing on you!!

I just bought this for my new bathroom:
!BQDK8DwBGk~$(KGrHgoH-DMEjlLluysEBJ20SO0fNw~~_1.JPG

Not sure what to put in it since I already have something similar for my cotton balls and q-tips, but maybe my guest size soaps. Any suggestions?

Bath salts or bath oil balls :)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Miss Sis said:
And you can't wash anything with old sequins either - they used to make them out of geletine!

I know as I accidently dropped a 30s sequined cape that was my Nana's outside when it was raining - Goodbye sequined cape, hello gloopy mess. I was only about 9 and it upset me hugely.

So how does one clean something like that then? Anyone?

Yes I'm also curious to know now ... I am definitely getting dress shields to protect it and then would have to spot clean the non sequinned areas if and when it needs it. Maybe that's why it appears to be in such good shape... the owner was too scared to wear it!

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
Yes I'm also curious to know now ... I am definitely getting dress shields to protect it and then would have to spot clean the non sequinned areas if and when it needs it.

I think this is the best route. Also, if the dress is rayon crepe (which it looks like it may be) be careful how wet you get the fabric when you spot clean it. Water will make rayon crepe shrink up. If you're wearing a rayon crepe dress and you get caught in a rainstorm, the dress will shrink up while you're still wearing it. But in those cases, the dresses usually can be stretched back into shape with a careful steaming.

texasgirl

One Too Many
I'm excited about this new 30s dress. So hard to find in good condition in my size, that's not a fortune! Anyway, looks like it has some great detailing.

a6b4_3.jpg
a91f_3.jpg

ae90_3.jpg
aa5e_3.jpg

I'm thinking about these shoes to go with it. Do ya'll think they'd go? Has anyone ordered from Aldo or worn their shoes? The only pair of brown I have are vintage and pretty brittle, only good for pictures not running around.
aldoshoes.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats