Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Kate O Potato said:
Yup, I occasionally try "vintage wrap dress" but it takes so long to sift through the results! You are a more dedicated lady than I, Kitty :)

Haha not really. I don't love Swirl dresses so I don't hunt for them that often :)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
A 50's crepe dress from Etsy which will be lovely for my holidays!:

PaisleyDress.jpg

Lillemor

One Too Many
Miss Golightly, I wish I had the height for large print. That's a lovely dress and it looks like it's both easy to care for and easy to wear. The green dress is very lovely too.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Lillemor said:
Miss Golightly, I wish I had the height for large print. That's a lovely dress and it looks like it's both easy to care for and easy to wear. The green dress is very lovely too.

Thank you Lillemor! :) I really love prints and I have to say I'm not the tallest either ;) - I particularly love floral 60's prints - you know the type you find on silk sheath dresses....

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Miss Golightly, I had been looking at that dress for quite some time. It's so fun. I found one here in town, identical in sizing (but with a yellow background and yellow florals) and tried it on. Let's just say the style of dress and the image in the mirror were not too flattering. You have lovely taste in dresses and I'm sure it will be a great addition to what I imagine is a closet to-die-for.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Lily Powers said:
Miss Golightly, I had been looking at that dress for quite some time. It's so fun. I found one here in town, identical in sizing (but with a yellow background and yellow florals) and tried it on. Let's just say the style of dress and the image in the mirror were not too flattering. You have lovely taste in dresses and I'm sure it will be a great addition to what I imagine is a closet to-die-for.

That's gas that an identical dress to that one is still floating around! Just goes to show the quality - hard to imagine a lot of current High Street dresses still being around in 50 years time! Sorry to hear the dress didn't work out for you though - hopefully when mine arrives it will suit me!!!!!!;)

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Miss Golightly said:
That's gas that an identical dress to that one is still floating around! Just goes to show the quality - hard to imagine a lot of current High Street dresses still being around in 50 years time! Sorry to hear the dress didn't work out for you though - hopefully when mine arrives it will suit me!!!!!!;)

I think a lot of the current dresses may be around forever - the synthetic materials so frequently used these days will probably never break down. :D

Even though that particular dress style did not work out for me, I did find solace in this cotton number:

il_430xN.138597781.jpg

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
Lovely as always Miss Golightly:) Like Lily though that style wouldn't suit me,i need a style like her gorgeous dress,i need the definition in the waist.
Red wedges would definitely look stunning with that dress Lily:)

Smuterella

One Too Many
dandelion-vint said:
This fantastic dress arrived in the mail today! I can't wait to wear it.

!Bs9f1MgBGk~$(KGrHqMH-DcEvFItns1VBL5-+gKM6!~~_12.JPG

that is a dress made of sunshine and happiness - it made me smile. I hope its as fun to wear as it looks!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Lily Powers said:
I think a lot of the current dresses may be around forever - the synthetic materials so frequently used these days will probably never break down. :D

Even though that particular dress style did not work out for me, I did find solace in this cotton number:

il_430xN.138597781.jpg

Gorgeous, gorgeous dress! Love the pattern!

Mrs Cleaver - thank you!!!!!!! :)

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Mrs. Cleaver, you summed it up - waist definition suits me more than blouson styles, too.
Miss Golightly - thank you; your dresses have always turned me a flattering shade of green, so I appreciate that you like this one.
Dead Pan Diva - thank you. Cotton dresses always make me happy. Now, if the weather ever warms up here on the Pacific coast, I could actually wear it!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I'm totally in love with these and if they don't fit I'm going to cry. I bid more than I should have, but I just had to have them!

!BtY4INwBWk~$(KGrHqIH-D!Evo1jM2gNBL7)mLdzVg~~_12.JPG

Inky

One Too Many
it's been a while since I've bid on Ebay but with an upcoming vacation to somewhere much warmer than were I live in summer, I needed a few light cotton day dresses. Both were a steal and it's going to be a "gingham" summer!

Deadstock black gingham day dress:

4638481693_ce003532b2.jpg

Blue gingham day dress:

4639090536_652f3892e7_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw