Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
MissHannah said:
Oh I love me a crisp cotton shirt-waister! I'd say this is early 60's at the latest Lily Amelia. Whereabouts in Camden were you shopping?

Yes, I'd definitely agree, based on the style. I have a few like it in my own collection. Lovely dress!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Ms Sew-n-Sew said:
BD - This one is SO sweet!
dress1crop.jpg

Thank you Ms. Sew-n-Sew! I was lucky to find it mint with the tags still on (except the belt has deteriorated, new one shown instead). Haven't worn it yet. Can't wait for Summer!

Kitty, Zendy is right it's a bonnet that came with it. So cute, but I doubt I'll be wearing it, a bit overkill on me. I haven't figured out exactly how it's suppose to sit on my head! *lol*

Octavia

Familiar Face
KittyT said:
I got this stocking dryer a little while back on Etsy. It is seriously one of the best purchases I've ever made. It's a little kitchy, but takes up no space and is just so darned handy - no more clip hangers taking up tons of room in the tub :) I highly recommend picking one up.

il_430xN.134817571.jpg
Now that is just adorable! I must get one of those.

Got this lovely dress last month…unfortunately, so far I haven’t found many chances to wear it, but I’ll go out of my way looking for them. :)
Sorry for the size of the pic, by the way...a little on the larger side. B/

DSC02845-1.png

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Octavia said:
Got this lovely dress last month…unfortunately, so far I haven’t found many chances to wear it, but I’ll go out of my way looking for them. :)

Great dress! I don't know what you do for work, but it looks like something one could wear as basic office wear (with a higher camisole to hide the cleavage).

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Octavia said:

Octavia, your dress is gorgeous! :)

Best,
BD

Louise Anne

Suspended
Not often I have any thing to post here these days here it is

A jacket which has been dated as been late 40's
kaybrooks_jacket.jpg

It is by Kay Brooke of New York , I would very much like to know if any of you have come across her before.

Louise Anne

Suspended
Thank you, I like it makes a change from Red and Black for me.
Every time I get something with a label and New York I can never find anything out, there must have been a lot of fashion houses who did not last very long in New York.

Louise Anne

Suspended
Black Dahlia that's a blast from the past:- the glasses I cetain we had some with the same design the center one that's going back to my child hood.
great finds!

Octavia

Familiar Face
Thank you for the kind words!

KittyT, I'm a receptionist and this is exactly what I thought. I've been hesitant since you tend to get looked down upon in my office if you wear anything that might warrant a second glance (but that's a conversation for a different thread ;)).

Black Dahlia, I love that bag!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Paul, they had tons of these 60s glasses at the flea market! So cute and great for a swig of juice at breaky!

Thank you Mrs. Cleaver and Octavia. I can’t wait to use it sometime. I’m planning on having a nice pic nic soon, so that may go good with my outfit! I love the wicker/Lucite purse combination.

X
BD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Octavia said:
KittyT, I'm a receptionist and this is exactly what I thought. I've been hesitant since you tend to get looked down upon in my office if you wear anything that might warrant a second glance (but that's a conversation for a different thread ;)).

Who cares? People just do this because they're jealous when someone else has style and they don't. Besides, people never appreciate receptionists anyway (or IT staff, personal assistants, etc - you know, all the folks who *really* keep things running!). It's unfortunate, but no matter what you wear, it's not really going to change those things.j So that said, just wear what makes you happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn