Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vintage I rescued from the trash heap at the prop house I was working for:

Ballerinas! Rhinestones!
0601001004.jpg
cp1_0601001005a.jpg

This has a matching jacket. It's a very small beige and white stripe.
0521001517.jpg

This is a bit too short, but fun when I am in the mood for short. I belt it with a red cinch belt.
0601001029.jpg

BoPeep

Practically Family
Sunbeam Mixmaster

Got this for $5 at a rummage. Mixmasters were patented in 1928 and mass marketed in 1930. Based on the decal, I'm guessing it's an early one. I was a little nervous to wind it up all the way, but she works great and creams frosting in 30 seconds flat! I'm looking for those milk glass bowls though. Anyone have some for sale? Attachments would be awesome but probably harder to find.

IMG_2288.jpg

swinggal

One Too Many
BoPeep said:
Got this for $5 at a rummage. Mixmasters were patented in 1928 and mass marketed in 1930. Based on the decal, I'm guessing it's an early one. I was a little nervous to wind it up all the way, but she works great and creams frosting in 30 seconds flat! I'm looking for those milk glass bowls though. Anyone have some for sale? Attachments would be awesome but probably harder to find.

IMG_2288.jpg

My Nana had this one too and it still works like a dream. Things were made to last forever in those days which was a great thing. Great buy for $5! I have seen them go for a lot more on ebay.

swinggal

One Too Many
Also scored this 1930s bias cut velvet dress and jacket for $28 as the dress is stained. However...the jacket is fine and rather lovely and will look great paired with dark outfits and who knows, the stain may come out of the dress, or I could dye it navy so the stains disappear OR I could use it to make a pattern for a new dress! Possibilities!

Anyway, I now have a perfectly good vintage 1930s formal jacket for $28 and a dress that can be useful!

30s_dress_purple_faded04.jpg

30s_dress_purple_faded02.jpg

30s_dress_purple_faded.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
While I try to sell shoes in the classifieds (cool retro Ked's, ladies, size 10, price reduced!!), I fell hard for these:

4668615817_da9d3468bc.jpg

I've given up on heels higher than 2 inches so these Posture Foundation (the PF Flyers people) replace the Ked's :) that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic