Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Wow, miss golightly and Drappa, those are beautiful gifts!! what great husbands you have :).

Here are my most recent buys.

A 40s or 50s coat with fur collar
!CEQqbbQ!2k~$(KGrHqJ,!loEz+17280QBNR(9nC!bQ~~_1.JPG

A 50s cocktail hat
!CEKwbOg!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!l8Ez+2n8T-GBNREC3Nztw~~0_1.JPG

and a wedding dress listed as 50s, but is probably 60s (It looks a bit long waisted, but it was cheap enough to take a chance on)
!CD3++1wCWk~$(KGrHqN,!h0E0E86Tth+BNQDWcFTrg~~0_1.JPG

All ebay finds! :)

The cocktail hat is gorgeous!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Thanks ladies :)

Those are all lovely LinaSofia!

I tried to make my first ebay purchase today. I had been watching an adorable 50's lace dress for the last few days, and I lost it by 2 seconds! I guess that when you use ebay, disappointment is inevitable. :)

Definitely!! I've been sorely disappointed many a time...

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Ladies - I just fell in love with it when I saw it. I'm on the lookout at the moment for a brush and mirror set. My Mum had a beautiful emerald and brass set and I still have the brush but the mirror which I last saw when I was a teenager has disappeared - such a shame!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Hi ladies, excuse the bad quality photo and the silly posing, but this picture (taken for my blog) shows off my last three vintage finds!

You can't really see it properly, but the hat is a little velvet scull cap with a rhinestone accent on one side. The jacket I'm struggling to date, but it could be 50s. I originally thought it was 80s, but it doesn't look that way from the tags and the fact it doesn't have shoulder pads.
The bag is an alligator purse in absolutely lovely condition! No real wear and tear on it at all, except there is a bit of a crease on one side as you can see, from storage I suspect. It's leather lined, but doesn't have a maker's tag. The clasp is a lovely filigree leaf design, but you can't make it out in my rubbish photo... :mad: because of the clasp I think it's 30s rather than 50s, but I may be wrong.
All bought at Beyond Retro in Stockholm!

new5.jpg

Drappa

One Too Many
Thanks hun!! I know, I am so in love with it.... think I might put it on the pillow next to me in bed tonight, just so I can wake up and stroke it now and then :D

So funny, because I actually hang new dresses I love on the door of my wardrobe so that I can see them when I wake up or just walk into the bedroom. And my hubby always complains about losing me in shops because I have stayed back to stroke something or feel the fabric/leather/etc.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I love that picture of you LinaSofia.It looks like a vintage cataloge photo.

haha thanks! that's what I was going for :)

Drappa, me too! As a child I always slept in my new shoes and I guess I never really grew out of that enthusiasm if i really love something! haha. Special dresses hang on the door of the wardrobe, definitely!

Last edited:

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
I got some shoes delivered today. They're not vintage or even VI but I saw the embroidery and thought that is just too cute!
10022011002-1.jpg

Excuse my boring office trousers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn