Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Zell Fifth Avenue compact shaped like a padlock...I finished reading a biography of Harry Houdini not long ago and this makes me think of something his wife may have carried for fun. :)

KGrHqUOKjsE0ZekV7WMBNZs9FMK_3.jpg

That's wild! I've never seen the like.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I'm sure you'll look gorgeous in that dress Miss G! And the shoes are great too! I wish you had a blog I could snoop at, because you always find such great dresses! I'd love to see you in them! post post post! :)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Aw thanks LinaSofia - to be honest I'm only getting to wear all my dresses now as me and my husband are starting to get about again since I had our little girl so I'll get him to take a few snaps next time we head out and I will post them - promise!!!!!!!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
great Miss G!! looking forward to it :)

here's a couple of little purchases I made today on ebay. Quite mundane, but I'll share anyway... hopefully I'll find something more interesting soon!

a yellow sweater from the 60s (part of my recent sweater + skirt love affair - I've mostly worn dresses and cardigans before)
$(KGrHqN,!iME1NuhHYSbBN,m!LmTj!~~0_3.JPG

and a vintage pattern from 1966. probably way too complicated for me, but I bought it for 99p, so I thought I'd take a chance!
il_570xN.120178138.jpg

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
Thank you! Yes, I know what you mean - I was thinking the same thing about the dress - I think I'm a bit taller than her (fingers crossed!) - hopefully! I'll be wearing heels too....

My second pair of Life Strides:

LifeStrideShoes.jpg

Great shoes! Very elegant :) Maybe if the dress is too long you can take it in, make it shorter. Oh my I'm starting to think like a seamstress already! lol

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Great shoes! Very elegant :) Maybe if the dress is too long you can take it in, make it shorter. Oh my I'm starting to think like a seamstress already! lol

Thank you! I'm all about getting things altered to fit properly (wish I could do it myself as it is so expensive but I do intend to take up dressmaking in the coming months!) - good luck with your dressmaking - I think it's brilliant to see so many ladies here crafting beautiful things - gives me inspiration!

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face
A few years back, I never cared for anything even remotely 60s, frankly I thought the style was ridiculous...at the time.
I am now eating my words and now proudly add 60s to my love of the 20s,30s,40s,50s:
IMG_0611.jpg

Oh, I'm also one of those people who are obsessed with Russian classical music, namely Rachmaninoff. Here's an old ad from '25 that I recently got off of ebay.
BtkooWkKGrHqIH-DYEvpuYvf2BL8hTwnkG_3.jpg

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
I would love to know what you all think of my new 1930's cloche hats and 1940's snakeskin shoes...
!CFjh3JwEWk~$(KGrHqF,!h0E1KsNd72DBNVfDGO6D!~~0_3.JPG

$(KGrHqYOKp0E1rEgt(D(BNc3iLpw7!~~0_3.JPG

I am not sure if those images are going to work but i have pictures up here -
http://jessicalouisegladstone.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-new-1920s-cloche-hats.html

Would love all of my vintage dolls opinions x

Fair warning: if your cloche comes within five feet of me, I'm going to steal it :).

Love the shoes. Snakeskin?

BTW: I got this message from your link:
Sorry, the blog at jessicalouisegladstone.blogspot.com has been removed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR