Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hi ladies,
I recently bought this BP dress and Clarks sandals (in red and in black, I couldn't resist). I also bought a great vintage shirt dress, but have yet to take a photo.

bettie+page+dress

6a00e54ee19bb788340133edb9504e970b-500wi

15184_350_A.jpg

X
BD

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I own a pair of those red'uns too! They look really cute on, except I find they do cut into my foot a bit. Maybe when they've been more broken in they will improve, as I'd only gotten them as summer was coming to a close...

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
As I mentioned before I'm going to a wedding this Summer and have decided after much deliberation to wear the red rose silk dress I posted a while ago - I was trying to find a purse that would go well but it was proving difficult and then I thought about a Lucite purse (no need to worry about clashing colours!) and saw this lovely - all I have to think about now are shoes!!!!!!!!!:

CarvedLucitePurse.jpg

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
As I mentioned before I'm going to a wedding this Summer and have decided after much deliberation to wear the red rose silk dress I posted a while ago - I was trying to find a purse that would go well but it was proving difficult and then I thought about a Lucite purse (no need to worry about clashing colours!) and saw this lovely - all I have to think about now are shoes!!!!!!!!!:

CarvedLucitePurse.jpg

Perfect. I remember when ladies carried clear Lucite purses. To hide the contents, they'd temporarily line it with a silk scarf that matched the colors of their dresses. They'd put it, opened, into the bag and all the bits and bobs went inside. Casually folded over, it was very pretty.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
lovely set Drappa!!! You've trained him well :D

Miss Golightly, that lucite purse is perfect!!! really smashing.

P.S. that bold rose print 50s dress I bought recently fits everywhere except around the upper arms!! sob! When I tried it on I almost panicked because I couldn't get my arms out of the sleeves! It took some wiggling... :eeek:

Last edited:

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family

CarvedLucitePurse.jpg

Love the Lucite box purse I carried one at my own wedding (well not down the isle but later)

Drappa

One Too Many
P.S. that bold rose print 50s dress I bought recently fits everywhere except around the upper arms!! sob! When I tried it on I almost panicked because I couldn't get my arms out of the sleeves! It took some wiggling... :eeek:

Oh no, what a shame! I have that problem with some coats or dresses. Is there any way you can undo the seam on the sleeves and let them out a bit?

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Drappa - thank you! That's a lovely compact set you've got there - looks in mint condition too - lovely colour too.

I Adore Film Noir - thank you - yes, I read that ladies would put a matching scarf in the purse so that's exactly what I'm going to do - nice to have a little privacy!!!!!!!

Land-O-LakesGal - how perfect for a wedding - do you still use your purse much?

LinaSofia - thank you! That is such a shame about your dress - one thing you could get done is if there is some hem allowance a good tailor could put small panels of fabric on the underside of the sleeve - I don't think it would be noticable at all - I really hope you can get something done with it - that dress will be gorgeous on you.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Drappa - Lovely set! Such a beautiful colour.

Miss G - OOh lovely! I still haven't recovered from seeing that lovely lucite clutch, good job i was sitting down when i saw your handbag!

LinaSofia - Good call from Miss G, i sincerely hope you can do something about the dress.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Ha ha, there goes me trying to stick to my budget! Actually something like your clutch has been on my wish list, i didn't think to look on Ruby Lane so i will have a peek now, thankyou!

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Wow, Miss Golightly, that lucite purse is to die for! The scarf idea sounds like it'll be really really cute too.

Katinka von K, I Adore Film Noir, and JetGirl, thanks ever so!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
[/QUOTE]

no the one I used has rhinestones at the top and they started falling off so I retired it. I have some others but they are not clear lucite but I rarely get a chance to go out and do something fancy lately so not have been used in over a year.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab

no the one I used has rhinestones at the top and they started falling off so I retired it. I have some others but they are not clear lucite but I rarely get a chance to go out and do something fancy lately so not have been used in over a year.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame - sad when vintage things start to fall apart isn't it? Like when fabric starts to shatter and you know you only have a few wears left!

Wow, Miss Golightly, that lucite purse is to die for! The scarf idea sounds like it'll be really really cute too.

Thanks RodeoRose - I'll have to find a pretty scarf to match my dress now!

Last edited:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I own a pair of those red'uns too! They look really cute on, except I find they do cut into my foot a bit. Maybe when they've been more broken in they will improve, as I'd only gotten them as summer was coming to a close...

Hi bunnyb! They cut into my toes a bit too. :( Ouch! And I can't return mine. I've been wearing them around the house with two pairs of big socks, thinking that may help stretch them a bit. I've also heard that if you put a bit of rubbing alcohol in the area that is tight, then wear big socks, that it will help stretch them. I'm going to give that a try!

Black Dahlia I like those sandals! And the dress is really nice too.

Thank you LinaSofia. I love your new avatar!

X
BD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats