Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Modeled!!
DSCN0553.JPG

Fab detail:
DSCN0555.JPG

and...
DSCN0556.JPG

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks! I have a vintage figure. Modern clothes that fit are tougher to find! My chairs and table do not match - my table is an antique wood craftsman table from my parents. Those chairs are in pretty bad condition though. I should sell them to someone who will take care of them. I bought them from my landlord when I moved in!

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
Hi gals!
I recently bought these lovely booklets from Ebay.
JB07.jpg

JB00.jpg

I've taken a few scans and love the images and knitting patterns inside (even though I can't knit, yet!). I know you ladies would also like them so I was wondering would I be breaking copyright laws if I posted the scans on my blog?
Thanks

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Hi gals!
I recently bought these lovely booklets from Ebay.
JB07.jpg

JB00.jpg

I've taken a few scans and love the images and knitting patterns inside (even though I can't knit, yet!). I know you ladies would also like them so I was wondering would I be breaking copyright laws if I posted the scans on my blog?
Thanks

The beige cutwork tablecloth looks similar to some dresser scarves I inherited from my mother.

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Thanks! I have a vintage figure. Modern clothes that fit are tougher to find! My chairs and table do not match - my table is an antique wood craftsman table from my parents. Those chairs are in pretty bad condition though. I should sell them to someone who will take care of them. I bought them from my landlord when I moved in!

Don't let them go too cheaply, these are new and look at the prices:

http://www.barstoolsandchairs.com/search.aspx?find=cracked+ice&log=false&category=34

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Miss_Bella_Hell, you look simply stunning! Love the neckline on the first dress.

Here are some of the finds I snatched up at a local antique store's President's Day Sale! I got a rust-colored 1930s crepe dress I'd been drooling over for MONTHS for just $5.00, then a black lace 1920s dress for just $20.00 (it has a few tiny moth holes), and an adorable muff set $10.00. It was the best day of 2011 and possibly my life lol

The 1930s [heaven-sent] dress:

...which will go perfectly with this 1930s hat I also picked up recently:

The 1920s dress:

It's very sheer, I will have to find a nice black slip to go underneath now!

Anddd the fabulously kitschy 1950s rabbit fur muff and cap set:

I didn't take any photos of it, but I also snapped up an adorable striped 1950s dress with big pink buttons for a whopping $5.00 :D

PS Sorry for the picture overload... I get way too excited about vintage bargains!

Drappa

One Too Many
Oh wow, great deal RodeoRose!
I got a few bits and bobs off Ebay, and have been very lucky at one of the charity shops around here, because they got a bunch of things from a lady's estate and some of them were priced very reasonably, although they frankly had strange pricing that was all over the place.
I got some sewing/crafty bits:
B7ZcmQ2kKGrHqEOKjcEyZzwOdoBM0FnKZNHw_3.jpg
2305852690966464_1.jpg

CFiZEBQWkKGrHqFlkE1F390t3UBNVpc2fFg0_1.jpg

il_570xN.195069359.jpg

il_570xN.212694938.jpg

Sorry about the tiny pic, those are belt buckles.

A Horrockses dress and jacket!
CFrwDFQEWkKGrHqJioE1NQySrR8BNV8vdMD0_3.jpg

Not purchases, but was given this stool and sewing machine, which looks to be from 1908, but I need to double check once I have it in my hands, as it's with my in-laws at the moment.
photo-1.jpg

photo5-1.jpg
photo4-1.jpg

Drappa

One Too Many
Thrift shop finds, some of which I will sell on as they don't fit me.
Darling dress, seems to be rayon mix, but the waist sits very high, so looks like maternity wear on me
photo6.jpg

60's/70's dress
photo7.jpg

Lovely dress, but too small
photo8.jpg

The one I almost didn't get because of a stain, which came out right away when I washed it. Fits perfectly!
photo5-2.jpg

Little bows on waist and neck
photo2-2.jpg

Burgundy patent bag in need of TLC, but lovely
photo3-2.jpg

Finally, a cute jewellery box, of which I now have a set because I bought a nearly identical one a few months ago
photo-2.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

And my husband got me this lovely fabric for a summer dress, including matching ric rac trim. Sorry it's not ironed, I washed it but haven't ironed it yet.
photo9.jpg

And the dress form is my birthday present form my in-laws :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou