Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ITG said:
Daisy, there are 21 pages of sale shoes. Do you have a direct link?
Sorry about that ITG, they are kind of scattered throughout the site. I looked under the dress shoes link, and there are only 11 pages. The sale items are included in them.
Here's some links to the ones I like the best, the first one, check out the top row
http://www.naturalizer.com/shop_onl...olor=%&Size=%%%-%&OnSale=&Keyword=&pg=4&ps=16
direct link to cute peep toe ankle straps
http://www.naturalizer.com/shop_onl...ress&PID=gazebo&variant_id=156NA57&Size=%%%-%
I love these, but I'm gonna wait for them to go on sale
http://www.naturalizer.com/shop_onl...ess&PID=jordonna&variant_id=795N16&Size=%%%-%
these are on sale
http://www.naturalizer.com/shop_onl...ess&PID=lilibeth&variant_id=190P71&Size=%%%-%
http://www.naturalizer.com/shop_onl...ress&PID=pacific&variant_id=875A45&Size=%%%-%
http://www.naturalizer.com/shop_onl...ess&PID=pleasing&variant_id=700P12&Size=%%%-%
http://www.naturalizer.com/shop_onl...ndals&PID=lilac&variant_id=162NA41&Size=%%%-%

There are a few other pairs that I liked, but wasn't sure if they were vintage enough. If you have the time, look at the sandals and dress shoes pages. I don't think there was really anything on the flats page.

Daisy Buchanan

I finally got a few new things

Here's the goodies that I got this weekend. I'm thrilled to finally have vintage tap pants and neglige. Does anyone have any idea about the off white dress? I'm pretty sure it is early twenties, but I can't figure out what it could have been used for. It reminds me of a bathing dress or it could just be an afternoon dress. It is silk, and so soft, in perfect condition except for one small spot which I'm hoping to remove on the ribbon. Barely noticeable unless up close. I got them from Bobby of Boston, he has a grand store, in the South End of Boston, in not so nice an area. He has some of the most amazing stuff I've seen, unfortunately lots of it was very tiny. He is a supplier of costumes to movies and has a large warehouse full of vintage clothes. He gave me his cell phone number so I can call him and make arrangements to see the warehouse. He took my size and said he'd pull aside things that he thinks I might like. I am definitely psyched, for he say's he's got boxes full of 30's day dresses, edwardian dresses, and lots of undergarments and night clothes. I'm hoping Tim will drive me out there this Wednesday. OOOHHHH, after seeing what he has in his store I can't wait to get to the warehouse. Well, this is what I got so far.

Etienne

A-List Customer
Wow, Daisy! When you get a "few new things" you get a LOT!! Great finds! The cream dress looks like a chemise dress--cute style! Everything is wonderful! And how lucky for you that you now have a personal SOURCE!! Woohoo!

Etienne

Rosie

One Too Many

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy! I tried on both the red sheer 40s dress and that slip last Saturday! So funny. The dress looked really frumpy on me though. Did you see Bobby's shoes? He had some great stuff when I was there.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Daisy, the white dress is from the 1920's (maybe around 1924?) and looks to be a lightweight silk or cotton. These are extremely fragile, and be very very very careful if you intend to wear it if it is silk, as the underarms especially tend to shatter on these old 20's dresses. It looks like it could have been homemade and would be something worn to an informal afternoon party or something of the like.

Daisy Buchanan

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Daisy! I tried on both the red sheer 40s dress and that slip last Saturday! So funny. The dress looked really frumpy on me though. Did you see Bobby's shoes? He had some great stuff when I was there.
That's too funny. I love Bobby, he's such a funny guy. He didn't pull out a box of shoes this time, he has done that to me in the past. No, this time he pulled out a box of undergaments that had a few dresses in it too. Everytime I go in there he's bringing out boxes of random items that he's had for weeks and has never gone through. Can't wait to get to his warehouse.

Etienne

A-List Customer
ITG, those shoes are just adorable!! How come the Ross stores out here in CA don't have them???????! I'll keep checking because the heel height on those is perfect.) Lucky you! sigh....

Miss_Bella_Hell

BTW, the silk 40s blouse I got for $6 doesn't fit, anyone interested? I bought it beacause it said 38 Bust but it's more like 36 Bust, 27 waist.
yellowblouse.jpg

Miss_Bella_Hell

The blouse has a few small holes in it - the most noticeable is around the snap just above the peplum - someone too big for the blouse tried to wear it, and the silk tore a bit. It needs repair!

EDIT: also I just posted some Stop Staring dresses in the classifieds, modern size 6-8

magneto

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
Here's the goodies that I got this weekend.
I got them from Bobby of Boston, he has a grand store, in the South End of Boston, in not so nice an area. He has some of the most amazing stuff I've seen, unfortunately lots of it was very tiny.

Wow Daisy, what amazing stuff you've got!
"Very tiny" eh?! (4'10" Magneto starts booking flight to Boston).

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
These aren't new purchases, but I'm new here so I thought I'd share some favorites. These shoes were the first things I ever won from Ebay, seven or eight years ago:
shoes1gn0.jpg

I wanted satin slippers to match my silk kimono (also shown in the picture) and matching slip-style nightgown and was thrilled to find these:

Daisy Buchanan

Magneto, I'm so jealous. Up until a few months ago, I was a small size too, but I had to go on steroids, and they made me eat and eat until I gained 10 pounds. How miserable am I!!! Yes Bobby does have great stuff, I can always take an inventory for you the next time I go. The only bad part is, he tends to be a bit over priced =-(

Love the shoes......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou