Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Miss G, yes, it is a gentleman's evening scarf for wear with white tie. 1920s or 30s with that monogram. :)

A silk monogrammed scarf (think this may be a gents scarf but can't be sure):
il_570xN_295257366.jpg

wahine

Practically Family

A 1930s oak bookshelf - was after one of these for ages:
BookShelf.jpg

That's wonderful! I'm looking for such a shelf, too. Congratulations to your find.

VintageTink, the machine looks great. Yours is at least 15-20 years older than mine. I gave up looking for a really old one cause I wasn't as lucky as you. I cross my fingers for you that it really works with no fussing. Be sure to give it a good oiling before you start off.

wahine

Practically Family
I'm totally in love with my new vintage-compatible booties.
(excuse my "doe just to be run over" stare)

I love how they look, they're comfy and weren't even expensive. Yay! :D

Last edited:

wahine

Practically Family
I've been looking for such a set for ages but I wasn't willig to pay too much since I don't really ever drink any shots. But I wanted this anyway, and finally found it at the local thrift store.

The handle is a bit loose and the white glass isn't original - but it's a sweet piece of decoration for my kitchen.

swinggal

One Too Many
Found this amazing mint condition 1940s set las week. Will be selling it on if anyone is interested. Waaaaaaay too small for me! :( But how gorgeous is it! I can see Hedy Lamaar in this.

il_fullxfull.415090364_ggnm.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I haven't posted for a while so have lots of stuff to show but thought I would start with some vintage American Tourister luggage I bought. The case arrived yesterday and it's pristine! The exterior & interior are spotless/odourless and the case has three of its original bags for perhaps make-up & lingerie (if anyone has a definite idea please let me know!). There was a little Bell Hop key in its original paper bag which I've just discovered works!

il_570xN_417857286_jiec.jpg

il_570xN_417866867_bnef.jpg

I got this vanity case from a different seller - again it has its key but it hasn't arrived yet so I can't say if it works or not! The case doesn't have its tray but that's not that important to me:

il_570xN_318487805.jpg

A JR Florida Box Purse:
il_570xN_407877850_eobx.jpg

A Lord & Taylor 60s dress:

740-1904.jpg

A Shannon Rodgers for Jerry Silverman Silk Faux Wrap dress:

il_570xN_373643540_tnks.jpg

Last edited:

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
WD - Thanks for confirming! I really can't get over how clean and unused this case is - like it was never used (or someone was very, very careful with it - no way will this be going in the hold on a plane!)

JessKelly - thank you - I have a few Jerry Silverman dresses and I love them all - it's one label I always keep my eye out for!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy