Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

decodoll said:
Everyone's purchases are so lovely! CherryRed, I'm lusting after your red shoes!

Here is my latest ebay purchase. It's been a whole month since I've purchased vintage on ebay!! Had been saving up for the Vintage Expo. I'm surprised that I was able to go so long! lol

MVC277S_002.jpg

Thanks Deco and Jitterbug!! I honestly don't think they would be mine if it weren't for a BIN.

Decodoll, I adore that dress!! The cutest dresses are always a little small for me....but I have gone down 2 inches in the waist...just need a few more inches to get into the stuff I love, but I am happy with what I have been able to get lately.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Decodoll, that dress is great. It looks like it's in perfect condition too.
I can't believe all the cute dresses, shoes, and other goodies I'm seeing from you ladies. I've been searching ebay for weeks now, and haven't seen anything as cute as what you gals have gotten. Argh, the hunt continues for the perfect vintage fall dress, or if I'm lucky, dresses. I've got the bug, and I just can't get rid of it until I buy something. It can't just be anything either, it has to cure this nagging in my head, telling me that I need the perfect day dress. Any of the dresses you ladies have shown will do:)

ricki

Familiar Face
I'm jealous of all the cute things in this thread. Here's my latest purchase:

249484205_b961c1ab4c.jpg

I bought them from the flea market. They're a little scuffed but they were cheaper than the pairs I've seen going on ebay. The women behind the counter made sure to tell me, "they're from the fourties." When I told her I know, that's why I'm looking at them she said, "I just wanted to let you know in case you were wondering why they looked old. They're more than 60 years old." She told me that it's still the 60s and 70s that are most popular in the store.

Daisy Buchanan

Ricki, I have a pair of spectators that are identical to those. Yours look like they are in better condition than mine. They are great shoes, I think they are the quintesential shoe for the look of the fourties.
Great buy:)

Rosie

One Too Many
Great dress Deco Doll, Ricki, great shoes, I SO want a pair of spectators.

I just bought (even though I'm not supposed to be buying anything) a pair of NOS shoes circa 194?. Fingers crossed they'll fit when they get here.

ricki

Familiar Face
Daisy Buchanan said:
Ricki, I have a pair of spectators that are identical to those. Yours look like they are in better condition than mine. They are great shoes, I think they are the quintesential shoe for the look of the fourties.
Great buy:)

Thanks Daisy. Now I just need an excuse to wear them.

ricki

Familiar Face
Thanks Rosie! I used to hate spectator pumps, but I'm absolutely in love with these shoes and they're surprisingly comfortable.

I also bought this sailor outfit that I'll probably never wear:

249729786_d15440cc19_m.jpg

249729788_d52e7fed1e_m.jpg

I own about 10 different sailor tops. I also bought a few sailor patterns recently (1 dress, 1 skirt and top) that I have to use. I want to make an outfit similar to this one but in white (probably with blue trim.)

Nashoba

One Too Many
sigh. I can't wear the sailor stuff. I think it's adorable, and I look really good in it (if I do say so myself..) but I spend too much time around Marines...can't quite wear the "navy looking" stuff even if it's just a sailor suit. I'd never hear the end of it. :)
Nashoba

Daisy Buchanan

Ricki, that is a great Sailor dress. I hope you will wear it, it shouldn't just sit in the closet, it's perfect:)
Enjoy the specs. The pair I have are comfortable too. I've worn them a few times and they are the only vintage shoes I have that I feel comfortable in for more than a few hours. If they are a little stiff, which mine were when I first got them, use Piccard's conditioner. It is great, and will soften even the dryest leather.

I'm on a roll and I can't stop!!

But today is my birthday so I guess I can go a little crazy.;)

LOVE the shoes Ricki!! I saw a pair similar on ebay recently but they were about a size 5.:mad:

Here is what I got the other day. It's the most expensive dress I bought yet, but I had to have it. It still was a good price.
e4_1.JPG

Then this lot, I have no idea how it will work out, size and condition wise but for a super low BIN it was worth the risk. The strappy shoes were calling to me.:p
1c_1.JPG

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
CherryRed said:
But today is my birthday so I guess I can go a little crazy.;)

LOVE the shoes Ricki!! I saw a pair similar on ebay recently but they were about a size 5.:mad:

Here is what I got the other day. It's the most expensive dress I bought yet, but I had to have it. It still was a good price.
e4_1.JPG

Then this lot, I have no idea how it will work out, size and condition wise but for a super low BIN it was worth the risk. The strappy shoes were calling to me.:p
1c_1.JPG

I was watching that dress and almost bid! But decided I probably woudn't wear it nearly enough, so I am glad it went to a good home!

Daisy Buchanan said:
CherryRed, those are great shoes, and what a wonderful dress. Wow, once again, another lady with good luck. I keep getting outbid on everything I try to buy:(

I'm sorry you still aren't have the best of luck Daisy. But what goes around comes around...I'm sure my luck or money will run out soon and yours will improve. I went a long time not finding anything to bid on, these things all seem to hit at once, which is not a good thing for the pocket book.:eek:

Katydid

One of the Regulars
Vanessa said:
Hi. I'm a sweetheart jewelry collector/addict.

Newest additions:

tankpin.jpg

07_1.JPG

Ooooo....very nice. I really liked these two. I like sweetheart jewelry as well. I almost bid on a Seabee pin but decided against it. I wasn't positive I'd be able to stretch my money that far and I get in the heat of the moment and I'd bid way too much. I don't see very much Seabee jewelry and my grandfather was a Seabee so I'd really like some. I just bought this yesterday even though I probably shouldn't have...:rolleyes:
V.jpg

Vanessa

One Too Many
What a nice Victory pin. . .I've been on the lookout for one for awhile. That one has a lovely style to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy