Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
Not really vintage but the price was good as was the colour! It was used ina film the ad says.
d1_1_b.JPG

and this hat came yesterday, really cute but i think i need a hat pin to hold it on. 1930s
59_1.JPG

i am hoping this green jacket is just hanging funny and is not weird on that one side, don't know why i bid on this.
64_1_b.JPG

this jacket just came and it is mucht cuter in person, i know it looks funky but i could "see" it on me. but, it is way too small. i am pretty disappointed. i think am going to refrain from ebay for a while.
fauxfur.jpg

but my biggest disappointment was the gorgeous pink and western shirt i posted quite a while back. it was listed in the women's section with no measurements but said medium. so i thought cool...but it is a man's medium, WAY too big. and it was rather spendy for me so i am upset. and the seller did not respond when i wrote. a one time seller i think since she hasn't had anything since.

the santa monica expo is coming up and i am hoping to find one nice thing, not too expensive of course!

rsg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RSG, thank you. I was a bit concerned that I might end up bidding against a Lounge member. I'm glad that didn't happen. I will post pictures when they arrive. Provided the seller gave accurate measurements and they fit right
You've got some great purchases too. I think we all must have some sort of fall shopping bug! I especially like the hat. I have a few hat's that need pins too. I can never figure out how to use them correctly, so I end up never wearing the hats!
Sorry to hear about your Western shirt. I have been running into a lot of problematic ebay sellers too. It's just not the place it used to be.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Betty, the dress is beautifull!!! It sort of screams Glamour!

Red Shoes Girl, the hat is indeed very cute. I have fallen in love with cute hats lately and wann use hats more often in my shoots.

I got me this pretty dress:

atelier-noblesse3391.jpg

I´m not 100 % sure how old it is, but I loved it. And a lady can never have too many black dresses...;)

I have an eye on sooo many cute things on ebay right now and hope that no one else is going to find them lol

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Lauren Henline said:
Oooh! Masie, you find the cutest stuff!!

Here's my latest. :D
96007.jpg

96008.jpg

Been having luck with the buy-it-nows. But unfortunately too much luck :eusa_doh: But heck, it was my birthday, so I was allowed a mini splurge, right?

awwww.... I love cowgirl style clothes!!!! *melts away*

BegintheBeguine

Jacqueline Kennedy, glamgirl, I love it!!!!! Sari, that dress is too beautiful. The satin, trim and belt details, unique. Lauren, you WILL be Paulette Goddard with the gauchos. Daisy, we deserve to spend more $ in the Fall, what with October having some of us gals' birthdays in it.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks, gals! I just got them today and they fit! Yippee!! I'll have to work on toughening up my lingo so I can be like Paulette Goddard, BegintheBeguine! Hehehe.

Here's a pair of glasses I just picked up for $5 on Ebay :)
5b_1.JPG

And a little number I think I might sport on Halloween :) It's still got the Western Costume tag in it. I'll have to look at the extras in movies to see if I spot it!
20_1_b.JPG

Ok. Gotta stop shopping now. But it's been fun! I had been so good for so long, I guess it just came and caught up with me! :eek:

Viviene

Vendor
I just got this pattern on Ebay (no one at Main Street had it available). I'm going to make it out of brocade fabric (silver for the front and black for the back and wrap part) for DH's Christmas party. I'm also going to try and make a matching hat.

butterick_retro_pattern.jpg

pattern.gif

Miss_Bella_Hell

I'm on another ebay kick and have won the following things, none of which have yet arrived:

Coat $18 with shipping:
64_12.JPG

Chip n Dip, $15 with shipping:
e0_1.JPG

Sweetheart compact, $17 with shipping:
72_1.JPG

Dress clip, $18 with shipping:
79_1.JPG

Rosie

One Too Many
Viviene said:
I just got this pattern on Ebay (no one at Main Street had it available). I'm going to make it out of brocade fabric (silver for the front and black for the back and wrap part) for DH's Christmas party. I'm also going to try and make a matching hat.

butterick_retro_pattern.jpg

pattern.gif

I'm in the process of hemming this dress. I should use my insomnia filled nights for doing that instead of posting on here, :p . I didn't use the pattern though but, it is very simple to make and, it's so cute if I do say so myself. I'm totally planning to make at least two other viersions of it as it can be a very casual dress or formal. I've made mine of gold shantung silk for the sheath and black embroidered silk for the overlay. I'll post the finished product when I'm done hemming and fussing over it.

Viviene

Vendor
If I could find a dress like this that would fit my modern size 24 body I would buy one, however, this is the next best thing. I've found one 1940s rayon dress in my size and you would have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. This is my alternative to have the dress I want instead of wearing black all the time or the huge flowered dresses that the designers make for us big gals. I want to look pretty!

Daisy Buchanan

Sari, Lauren and Bella, those are all incredible purchases. They will make great additions to your already wonderful collections! Vivienne, that is a great pattern. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Enjoy them, and keep on shopping:p

Viviene

Vendor
You'll probably see my practice dress first. Our family (DH and 2 DD and I) are going to Disneyworld for Christmas week. I plan on using the practice dress the day we do the water rides to wear over my bathing suit. It should be easy to fold up and store in a small bag. The other of course is for DH's annual Christmas party. I love that two tone look but finding a nice fabric to go with the front panel of black and silver brocade is going to be quite a chore. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou