Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
Shearer said:
I'm mean, I want to blame the model and her stiff posing :D

Honestly though, I'm not sure. I have this picture with the same model that I saved after the auction was over (yes, I know that's really sad of me, but I fell in love with the shelf-bust and wanted to keep some reference in case I had a gown made one day :p ) and it looks like she's really inside the dress:
sb2.jpg

If it's photoshopped, I want to learn how and if it's not I want someone to please tell that girl not to be so cheesetastic in the posing lol
That's interesting you girls mentioning this seller. I've been checking out her auctions, there are some nice items in there. I have noticed also that the model is tiny and she can make an XL look pretty good. I was also suspicious. Photoshop, maybe a little, but the picture above looks like she is holding the sides fairly tightly.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Oh yay!:eusa_clap Congratulations Pink! I bid on it too, but I'm really glad it went to another lounger, I know it'll not only look smashing on you, but that you'll take good care of it. Such a pretty dress

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
GASP! Pink you're luck I didn't see that one, there woulda been a cat fight, hehehe! That pic is going into my "make some day" folder for sure!:p
Nikki

Pink Dahlia said:
Ooh! My heart's still pounding! I had to fight for this one!

I think this one makes me the happiest yet. I've been cheered up! :D

cottonsundress5.jpg=600

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BegintheBeguine said:
Thanks, Daisy Buchanan.:) I'll heed your advice as there are now clothes and shoes in every room of my house. :eek:

I hear that! I'm actually in the process of trying to find someone to build me a closet underneath the landing of the staircase that goes to the second floor. It's a pretty nice sized space, and I know it's hollow because my neighbor in the condo across the hall did the same thing. I'm having dreams of getting the "mountains" of things out of my room! Hemingway Jones, my roommate, is moving out. He has a decent sized closet in his bedroom. When he first told me he was moving, I started making plans as to turning his room into a study/sewing room and visions of finally having more closet space for said mountains. But alas, I'm unemployed so I need a roommate to help out with the mortgage, and my huge electric bills (electric heat stinks!). So, I guess I'll have to put my dreams on hold:(

Pink, that dress is so cute!! I would have definitely gotten into a knock down drag out for that one. Woohoo, you're lucky I didn't see it!:p

Kim_B

Practically Family
:eek:fftopic:
Pink, isn't he just dreamy in "To Kill A Mockingbird"?? I swoon every time I watch it. So manly, yet so gentle. So rugged and handsome, yet so easy on the eyes. *le sigh*
:eek:fftopic:

Grace

Vendor
Ugh, that seller (timelessvixen) is bad news!

I just lost out to her buying ID on a rayon dress with a few spots, etc. No doubt she is going to turn around and sell it as MINT condition. She has several dresses up right now that I was able to find on her buying ID. They were originally sold with things like 'wear showing on top of pockets', small age spots, etc. Sure enough, she has them listed as mint condition. She also clips the knees of straight skirt dresses to give them the wiggle appearance when they're not (sometimes you can see the shadow of the clip on the wall behind her) .:eusa_doh: I know many people who have won things from her, and the measurements have been way off, or there's damage that's not disclosed. The list goes on!

Can anyone figure out just what she has to make the sides of the skirt stick out and lay nice and straight like that? It looks like she's holding something to her waist in some pics...maybe wooden dowels?

I just looked at her stuff. I have been irritated by her poses in the past too. I can see the shadow of the clip on the "wiggle" dress. That is false advertising as the dress won't fint anyone else that way. :rage: It's just terrible how sellers can pass off stuff as pristine when it isn't.

I know a doll seller that does this exact same thing. Buys dolls fixes them up (poorly) and then calls them mint and shills them up.

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
Bad News Seller

Grace said:

I read on an earlier thread that her auction had been ended b/c of accusations of shill bidding. She's back this morning and so is that two-tone dress. And yes.... she's really creapy... i got really bugged when I saw her this Am..

Vanessa Anne

Familiar Face
My new things

Hello,

I just got these from the Whitby goth festival this past weekend. The dress is so lovely, I think it's my new fave and the shoes are so princess like I just love them, and I hope you do too!:D

S2400029.jpg

S2400030.jpg

S2400033.jpg

S2400034.jpg

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Well, well, don't I feel like a stranger to this thread/forum! Seeing the multitude of treasures all you ladies have been receiving doesn't make it easy trying to resist shopping,shopping,shopping! I've been a good girl for a couple weeks now, but I've broken down today/this weekend.
e685_1.JPG

cor2ae5.jpg

And a 1920's book called "Harmony In Dress" which looks really neat, and possibly collectible. Here are some excerpts from it:
e.jpg

m.jpg

l.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
Grace said:

I just lost out to her buying ID on a rayon dress with a few spots, etc. No doubt she is going to turn around and sell it as MINT condition. She has several dresses up right now that I was able to find on her buying ID. They were originally sold with things like 'wear showing on top of pockets', small age spots, etc. Sure enough, she has them listed as mint condition. She also clips the knees of straight skirt dresses to give them the wiggle appearance when they're not (sometimes you can see the shadow of the clip on the wall behind her) .:eusa_doh: I know many people who have won things from her, and the measurements have been way off, or there's damage that's not disclosed. The list goes on!

Can anyone figure out just what she has to make the sides of the skirt stick out and lay nice and straight like that? It looks like she's holding something to her waist in some pics...maybe wooden dowels?

Ha! I can't believe I didn't notice the clip shadow! That actually makes me laugh... you gotta clip a dress to make it fit, but it's conveniently clipped right behind the knees :rolleyes:

The dress I bought from her that had too-large measurements was supposed to be a wiggle dress. Apart from being too big, I thought I didn't have enough wiggles to fill out the wiggle! lol

timorous me

Familiar Face
hey, Dahlia, looky here, sister:

watchlist.jpg

yeah, that's right. it's my honest to goodness watch list.

(all this jealous posturing is just my way of saying "YOU LUCKY BIRD!" scout's honor. LOVE THAT DRESS!)

in other news... just got a whole mess of ebay dresses... and approximately NONE of them fit. so much wasted cuteness...

so my new buying fit is pins and brooches. i can't wear most jewelery as i'm allergic to almost all metal, so i've decided to buy jewelry for my clothes instead! just got these etsy finds in the mail today...

pinkpin.jpg

so freakin' sparkly. you don't even know. it's AWESOME.

and i loveloveLOVE this one:

sparrowpin.jpg

the picture doesn't even do it justice. the enamel is much darker and well... enamel-y-er... than it looks in the picture. so pretty! so exciting!

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia said:
I hope I never get into a bidding war with any of you ladies. As I'm not as financially able as you, I'm bound to lose.

Ah, no matter how bad you think you have it, someone always has it worse :) I have only been able to fit buying ONE dress into my budget, and that one was $25. Yes, I haven't been able to squeeze any more in, not even the $10 ones. But that's ok. I am happy for the ladies that CAN purchase these things. I am glad that so many wonderful things are going to people that appreciate them. While I would be glad if they appeared in my closet, I don't begrudge these ladies their ability to purchase the things that they have.

And financially able is always a relative term. Who knows how they have to scrimp and save to purchase the things that they do? All we see are the fruits of their labor, not the process. You have lovely dresses; let's celebrate those, instead :)

I hope I don't come across as persnickity. Just trying to keep things on a positive note :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW