Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
Lareesie Ladavi said:
RebeccaMUA, Forever 21 has great stuff, I agree. I just scored some plaid things from there. I love going in there, it's like a treasure hunt.

Totally...I always find something when I go there *sigh* I just did more shopping today...someone needs to tell me to stop! ;)

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
So my husband told me to go buy a sweater and I did!

http://www.rocketoriginals.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=PS-Green

I dont think he meant this expensive but, oh well. Then to top off my weekend, he told me to buy some fabric. I have the best husband ever!:D So I picked up macthing green gaberdine for a skirt to go with my new sweater and red gaberdine for a skirt ot match my new navy blue sweater!Here is the navy blue sweater:
http://www.babyphat.com/nshop/produ...t=juniors&category=juniors&groupName=sweaters
I love new clothes!

Samantha

decodoll

Practically Family
retrogirl1941 said:
So my husband told me to go buy a sweater and I did!

http://www.rocketoriginals.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=PS-Green

I dont think he meant this expensive but, oh well. Then to top off my weekend, he told me to buy some fabric. I have the best husband ever!:D So I picked up macthing green gaberdine for a skirt to go with my new sweater and red gaberdine for a skirt ot match my new navy blue sweater!Here is the navy blue sweater:
http://www.babyphat.com/nshop/produ...t=juniors&category=juniors&groupName=sweaters
I love new clothes!

Samantha

Oh you lucky girl! I've been lusting after that Rocket Originals sweater!!

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
This is my latest purchase! :eusa_clap

n33q69.jpg

They say it's 50s/60s...does it look genuine to you?
I've been lookin for a 3-armed lamp for ages! I will probably replace the shades with some other ones.. in another color.
I want them to look like these:

uc-726.jpg

Luckily, theres a lampshade shop here that sews custom shades...exactly how you want them!

I paid 138 bucks for the lamp at an antique store... was I robbed? I am pretty new with antiquing!..and I don't know when I'll come across another like this! I have seen one in the centre of the city sans shades... but with shades, the dude wanted 184 bucks.. and the "skeleton" of the lamp wasn't even nice.

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
It's a pretty lamp.

I don't know how much that is actually worth but, I think the better question is; is it worth that much to you?". Otherwise, you'll just drive yourself crazy, if you find one cheaper. Considering it took you so long to find one, then I would say it was worth that price. :)

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
Tinseltown, I'm not sure, it looks to be definately of that erra. Is there a brand name on the lamp? Most times, if something is stamped (on the bottom, I would think) "made in U.S.A.", then it's proably old. If it says "made in china", then you know it's a reproduction.

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
I found these 1940s overalls last week at an antique mall and almost squealed out loud with delight!

overalls.jpg

overalls%20001.jpg

They are not for wearing, just for collecting, as they have a few stains and they are too small anyway. But what a piece of history!

I spent part of today looking for images in my 1940s fashion magazines:

overalls%20003.jpg

overalls%20002.jpg

overalls%20004.jpg

Lizzie

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
I've been in the market for a nice winter coat and found this beauty at a local antique store. $37!

img0162eg0.jpg

img0164xb5.jpg

It's a heavy wool with a fur collar. I'm normally against fur, but I figure I'm not directly contributing to any fuzzy friend deaths.

Mojito

One Too Many
Fuzzylizzie, those look like an iconic piece!

Smart coat, Staceface - looks like Antique Malls were the place to go hunting these last couple of weeks.

And I love fur hats of various styles and shapes, LadydeWinter - that's gorgeous.

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
glamour-girl said:
e581_2.JPG
b260_2.JPG

just recived thease, i'm going to make the jacket first, with a red wool fabric and black velvet for the collar and cuffs.
any sugesstions for the dress ? [huh]

I'm thinking of using that dress pattern for my wedding dress, it's a more casual afternoon wedding outside. I'm thinking of a silk shantung, but I think anything that has a bit of a medium hand would be good for that dress to give it the right drape.

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
LadyDeWinter - I am in love with that hat! I've been having god luck shopping, so I'll have to keep searching for one like that.

By the way, the pic in your avatar looks almost identical to one of the ladies's pictures at the veterans' home I work at - back in her heyday, that is :p Very pretty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy