Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I got a total score yesterday at the local charity shop -

Two boxed pairs of seamed stockings for £1! I thought from the box they would be seamless nylons, but when I peeked inside, they were not only seamed but also silk!!! At another shop I got the unembroidered cloth (folded in half in the pic below) which I will do in 'Clarice Cliff' style bright colours. I also got some Victorian or Edwardian pillowcases and a great crocheted doily, but they are soaking so I can't photograph them. All for less than £5. :D

006-1.jpg
007.jpg

Also, from Ebay, a great 30s clutch bag. Been wanting a multi coloured one for a while. I was looking at beaded ones, but I like this better!

Rainbowbag.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
six...you had me at "Pend", lol. Very cute jacket. Congrats!

I'm waiting on two Pendletons myself. I think they are my current obession. Well, those and 20 other things. :)

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Miss Sis said:
Also, from Ebay, a great 30s clutch bag. Been wanting a multi coloured one for a while. I was looking at beaded ones, but I like this better!

Rainbowbag.jpg

Humina, humina, humina...drool!
Nicely played, Madam, nicely played! :eusa_clap

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
analiebe, that wardrobe is amazing. I would love to own some quality vintage furniture.
I got this cigarette card and two vintage photo postcards (Myrna Loy and Rosalind Russell.). My sister has this card and I have coveted it for years so I am glad I have my own now.
!BfK6oKwBGk~$(KGrHqQOKj!Ery+lKPqZBL!KU)fG!!~~_35.JPG

The Shirt

Practically Family
It's been so long since I purchased for myself. But I found this for my Beau and couldn't resist. Now he prances around like Hefner. Makes me giggle.

il_430xN_98832941.jpg

cecil

A-List Customer
The Shirt said:
It's been so long since I purchased for myself. But I found this for my Beau and couldn't resist. Now he prances around like Hefner. Makes me giggle.

il_430xN_98832941.jpg

That's awesome!!

And ooh ooh ooh lookit what I got!! :D

il_430xN.103275546.jpg

It's full length but the back is longer than the front.
il_430xN.103275620.jpg

Wheee!

analiebe

A-List Customer
deadpan diva - yes, the wardrobe is just gorgeous - i've slowly slowly begun to gather some beautiful pieces of furniture - i don't have much $$$ so a great deal of hunting, wishing and patience (not one of my virtues i must admit) have been essential but well worth it - but its taken many years and there's still several pieces on the wish-list but fortunately i don't have a big house so neither can the list be..

and as for you cecil - THAT DRESS!!!!!!!!! i have no words! envy i have, but words no...

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
cecil, woweeee! :eusa_clap my mouth is literally on the floor, *drool*. The dress is incredible, you'll have to post a pic of you in it!!!!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
The Shirt....well hubba hubba, you're man will be styling!

Cecil...remember when you cried, actually cried over that other black dress auction? THIS dress leaves that lost dress in the dust! I don't know where you plan to debut this stunner, but tongues will be on the ground. Simply amazing and only to be carried by an equally amazing lady. Congrats!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I have wanted to do the stylish Chinese inspired party look for a while, I hope a trip to a MAC counter can provide me with a great makeover. I got this dress, I do know it isn't in true Cheongsam form, but I do like the stye and color of it - and I was in a time crunch, none of the shops I wanted to get Cheongsams from couldn't deliver in time.

asiandress1.jpg

asiandress2.jpg

And then these shoes!! Just look at the curve! I am in love!

Fawson.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
My last few purchases were for our home:

Lovely Art Deco table and chairs with matching sideboard:
TableChairs.jpg

Sideboard.jpg

An Art Deco walnut display cabinet:
DisplayCabinet.jpg

My apologies for the poor quality of the photos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran