Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3776.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Hey all. Just wanted to point out that this thread has been excellent as of late. Some very cool stuff lately... some ultra rare woven's, some NOS Clapps, gunboats, vintage golf styles, all wonderful vintage finds. Remember, on other sites, many of these vintage styles are being shown as well... except they're on NEW SHOES! What's old is new, and many of these are timeless. MANY THANKS & LET'S KEEP IT UP!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Some 1940's Gunboat Shell Wingtip OXFORDS (had too many Bluchers)..

First pic shows the shell "dust" that oozes out of the leather of very old shell. Took 2 hours and a LOTTA shell cream to shine them up. Was worth it, I think.

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4635.jpg

IMG_4625.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
You're right ... but tell that to American shoe companies in the 1930s. From the Los Angeles Times, March 21, 1938:

pdf7.jpg

HA! It seems that Marketing Needs took precedence once again! Just make up language that sounds right & it will sell!

By the way, that's an AWESOME 1930's Norwegian!!! On a different site I'm always fighting with modern shoe lovers that all the "New Styles" are simply recycled ones from Vintage Times. So similar to the EG Dover, and just as well made (EVEN BETTER, because I'd bet those Crosby's are HAND-WELTED rather than Goodyear machined (complete with gem gluing).

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Paging Marc C!

I know you're an ebay "hawk" (as well as the resident Top vintage shoe expert), as you have shown some very nice auctions here. As you know, bad seller pics are a dichotomy! Evil because you can't tell exactly what you're bidding on (ESPECIALLY condition), but GOOD because no one else can either & if you know what you're looking for, you can get a Great Deal.

Anyway, I bought these last night...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280819531133?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

pics are horrible, as condition could be just about anything with those dark pics.

I decided to buy them based "solely" on the sole pic (second to last one). That channeled sole looked very well done, and a "half-spade". I'm curious as to your thoughts & your opinion of what will arrive within the next week.

Many Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner