Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Just got these Bruno Maglis for $39 on eBay. When I was in Italy a while back, I couldn't find any in size 14.

Any opinions on this shoe? I don't mind that they're well-creased, as I dress casually.

imagegclk.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Stick some shoe trees in those, condition them and then polish the living daylight out of them! They will look so spiffy if you do!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

Was attempting to show the reflection of the pen in one of these shots. 6 hours of work on the leather. Cadillac conditioner, then 2 coats of burgundy cream shoe polish, 3 coats of mid tan wax polish (kiwi), and then 3 coats of brown wax polish (kiwi). I use a T shirt on all coats except the last two, to buff them. The last two coats get a squeezed out cotton ball,(wet with water), with slight dabs of the wax on the ball and then small tight circles on the leather making "swirls" and then continue until the shine is where it needs to be. I decided that as these are still for sale here on the Classifieds, I would "spruce" them up with a mirror gloss shine job, may help motivate someone to purchase these fine vintage wingtip gunboats.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Here are my 1920's Button boots.
in heavily worn condition, but still beautiful

tumblr_m8jyfmp1Dh1qhhvpco1_500.jpg

look fabulous. Do you wear them? The right boot shows some cracking at the top of the black leather on the vamp... but this is not uncommon on a pair's 90th birthday!

Could we see some more pics (including the soles & heels), and get a bit more info. Maker, size, etc.

Good Share!

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
These are a size 9 approx, they were really beat up when i got them and the button holes where all torn to pieces so i had to do a fair bit of reconstruction
The soles are plain except from "Randall" embossed on the instep,
I do wear them from time to time, and i had to get them reheeled because when i got them they were deteriorated and falling apart
tumblr_m8jyfmp1Dh1qhhvpco3_1280.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
These are a size 9 approx, they were really beat up when i got them and the button holes where all torn to pieces so i had to do a fair bit of reconstruction
The soles are plain except from "Randall" embossed on the instep,
I do wear them from time to time, and i had to get them reheeled because when i got them they were deteriorated and falling apart
tumblr_m8jyfmp1Dh1qhhvpco3_1280.jpg

Thanks again. Excellent find. A rare 20's style that still translates very well with modern tastes.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Not I.

My karate skills aren't what they used to be, and those shoes might require some serious defending.

:)

Are you kidding? Day after day of, "nothing for my size 14 feet", and a Holy Grail of REAL Vintage shoes comes along and you skip them? They sold for under $105. Marc C used to get crazy when things like this happened.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Hmmm. Have I whined too often? If so, I apologize for that.

Not sorry to have passed on these shoes, though. The exotic skins are too flashy for my taste, and to be honest, a bit creepy.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Hmmm. Have I whined too often? If so, I apologize for that.

Not sorry to have passed on these shoes, though. The exotic skins are too flashy for my taste, and to be honest, a bit creepy.

Well, they are on the flashy side, but that is what those shoes are all about. I can tell you personally, they are a very well made comfortable dress shoe, as all footjoys in that style are. The price was almost a give away as those shoes could have sold for up to four times what they did sell. Also, they are in what I would call, a "collector shoe"....

Knowing you are conservative, however, I do understand you did not desire to become the owner of those shoes. And further I do also respect that you have your own preferences on attire!

Side note: I would have done cartwheels to own a pair of gator shoes in that model and make of vintage shoes.....weeeeeeeeee haaaaaaw!!!!!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Well, they are on the flashy side, but that is what those shoes are all about. I can tell you personally, they are a very well made comfortable dress shoe, as all footjoys in that style are. The price was almost a give away as those shoes could have sold for up to four times what they did sell. Also, they are in what I would call, a "collector shoe"....

Knowing you are conservative, however, I do understand you did not desire to become the owner of those shoes. And further I do also respect that you have your own preferences on attire!

Side note: I would have done cartwheels to own a pair of gator shoes in that model and make of vintage shoes.....weeeeeeeeee haaaaaaw!!!!!

On a further side note, those shoes is what this site is all about! The 1950's version of that shoe (which they are) is unbelievably nice. They are a $2k pair of shoes, no doubt. If one were to only wear them one time in their life, it would be well worth that price.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
On a further side note, those shoes is what this site is all about! The 1950's version of that shoe (which they are) is unbelievably nice. They are a $2k pair of shoes, no doubt. If one were to only wear them one time in their life, it would be well worth that price.

So very true, but I do know Randall a bit, and he is very laid back, a dear soul, and these would be over the top for him. I will still personally keep an eye out for decent deals on vintage shoes in his size. I think about what Randall maybe would draw the line on would be a really sweet pair of spectators....he can chime in if I am wrong?????

I have had a few really nice NOS or close to NOS vintage shoes I have sold or given to someone that I had dearly wished would have been Randall's size. I have a pair of one of the nicest vintage shoes now, that if they would fit Randall, I would have mailed them to him for a surprise gift from Santa, with a note inside just saying "thank you for being a friend"...

So very true, but I do know Randall a bit, and he is very laid back, a dear soul, and these would be over the top for him. I will still personally keep an eye out for decent deals on vintage shoes in his size. I think about what Randall maybe would draw the line on would be a really sweet pair of spectators....he can chime in if I am wrong?????

I have had a few really nice NOS or close to NOS vintage shoes I have sold or given to someone that I had dearly wished would have been Randall's size. I have a pair of one of the nicest vintage shoes now, that if they would fit Randall, I would have mailed them to him for a surprise gift from Santa, with a note inside just saying "thank you for being a friend"...

I am friendly and I wear a size 11D. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy