Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
So very true, but I do know Randall a bit, and he is very laid back, a dear soul, and these would be over the top for him. I will still personally keep an eye out for decent deals on vintage shoes in his size. I think about what Randall maybe would draw the line on would be a really sweet pair of spectators....he can chime in if I am wrong?????

I have had a few really nice NOS or close to NOS vintage shoes I have sold or given to someone that I had dearly wished would have been Randall's size. I have a pair of one of the nicest vintage shoes now, that if they would fit Randall, I would have mailed them to him for a surprise gift from Santa, with a note inside just saying "thank you for being a friend"...

what is this mystery pair?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am friendly and I wear a size 11D. :p

Yes I am very aware of your being a seriously wonderful person. I currently have one pair of shoes I would be willing to part with for a very sweet deal....take a peek at my shoes for sale, the vintage gunboats that I just spent some time putting a shine and a half on....if you like them, PM me....there are the NOS Mason wingtips, a sort of burgundy brown, size is 11 1/2 D but I can tell you now, they would fit you very well, Mason made some amazingly comfortable shoes.....and if you really want them, I can make a deal with you that would make you know that the Christmas spirit means more than money in my home....the shoes are new old stock, Not even fully laced, no foot has yet to venture into them, I shined them like glass.....I am sure your feet would thank you for owning them....so....PM me....if you want. Thanks, and thanks for your posts and being a bartender here. I learn from everyone ever day.

White_feather

New in Town
I love those black and white ones. I am trying to locate some of them without having to trade in a body part for them. I did get a pair of all black ones from Shoes for Crews so I can wear them at work.
IMG_20121221_213139.jpg

The Shooman

Practically Family
Isshy sent me a pair of my dream shoos today, a pair of Santoni handmades in the rare bentivegna construction, there highest end pair and complete and utter quality masterpieces. l am so blown away that l am walking on air thinking it's all a dream. Leather is smashingly high quality. A 16 year dream come true today, omg l think l am about to fall down. Shoos are previously owned but they are far too perfect for me to even care. They fit perfectly! l wouldn't normally risk online buying but me and Isshy are the same size so l knew it was a safe bet.

Bentivegna construction is a form of reverse welt construction but done without a hand carved feather. It's a very typical ltalian construction and done in a similar way that my maker used to make shoes.
SantoniBentivegna-mine1_zps70ba4670-1_zps86e25ca8.jpg

SantoniBentivegna-mine2_zps888f3108-1_zps8e16e802.jpg

Thanks Issy, l will send you a note later.

After buying two pairs of Edward Green recently, l am well and truely over them.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
HELLO, my Good Friend! VERY glad they arrived quickly and to your satisfaction! I could not think of a nicer gentleman to enjoy them. As you know, Santoni top-line is my favorite modern RTW shoe. Something about hand-made that gets my skin tingling. Also, the leather is so very excellent. While being soft and supple, it does NOT trade durability for those attributes. I have yet to see a pair of cracked shoes when dealing with top-line Santoni. Please stay in touch and Please have a FANTASTIC New Year!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Anyone seen these beauties yet? A brown and a black pair of the same 40s, dead stock spade soles. The appear to be flawless.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940s-NEW-T...1996141?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item337ee0d5ed

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940s-NEW-T...2000205?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item337ee0e5cd

If they were size eight I would have already bought them...

You would have to go and point these out again, I have already wept a few times with lust, wishing they would fit a size 11D....(sigh) yes indeed those are mouth watering and well worth the asking price. That particular gentleman has some very dashing shoes all the time, but more than not, not in my size....(drats and drats again)!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
A yes 11D the impossible dream....[huh]

Those boots are the latest craze in Mexico. My 20 year old son showed me a video of them dancing in them.

You wear a size that is what I wear, the 11 D...anything you have your eye out for? Well, don't take an "eye" out for them but you can state some shoe or boot you may be seeking! lol! A one eyed cat is keeping an "eye" out for the mouse!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Santa's elves wear cowboy boots?!

I could not drink enough Scotch to allow myself to be caught wearing something as silly as those long pointed boots. (I really do not drink as it is, but you know what I mean)! Elves, and I for some reason think they sort of remind me of shoes that Aladdin would wear, minus the small tinkling bells that should be attached to the pointed end of them....sadly there are several hundred pairs of those type of boots for sale on eBay.....some of them would look just great if they had a more normal toe on them.....

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon. I have yet to invest in a vintage shoe as I am still trying the style on to see if it fits me. (No vintage shoes other than my 30+ year old business shoes). I did invest in a pair of Allen Edmond Waldens in a vintage inspired color scheme. The 2 tone scheme, milk chocolate and creme, I thought would work well as a casual loafer. I have in mind wearing it during the warmer months when my buddy and I gig (play pre-war acoustic blues and show tunes). I do like the shoe and am trying it out today for a casual meeting and a trip to work.

IMG_4204-M.jpg

IMG_4207-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy