Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
This is a pair of Custom Florsheim White Buck Brogues. They were made for a "James C. Smoot," and it seems they were made in the 1960s
16bdmab.jpg

2zjgvmo.jpg

24wuc9i.jpg

I may be wrong but those heels and the general design of them suggests they are more like 1950s.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I agree with you on Nettletons...Here are a couple pair that I have. First is a croc--second is a Loaflex
vrf344.jpg

I own a few pairs of Nettletons. They were the masters of exotic leathers - one of my favourite type of shoes. I have a black gator pair but the pride and joy is a pair of 1940s/50s brown gator captoes that were near NOS quality (from some guy's grandfather who had ordered them in when he worked at a shoe shop). They were not photographed well and I got them for around USD150 (with the original musty smelling bags) when to buy them now - if you could get the "book matching" of the wonderful skin/tiles... they would be like USD3K.

flyfishark

Practically Family
I own a few pairs of Nettletons. They were the masters of exotic leathers - one of my favourite type of shoes. I have a black gator pair but the pride and joy is a pair of 1940s/50s brown gator captoes that were near NOS quality (from some guy's grandfather who had ordered them in when he worked at a shoe shop). They were not photographed well and I got them for around USD150 (with the original musty smelling bags) when to buy them now - if you could get the "book matching" of the wonderful skin/tiles... they would be like USD3K.

Cookie...would you post a photo or two of those captoes...or tell me where on the site I could find them? thanks

flyfishark

Practically Family
Here are four pairs of women's 40s-50s skins. Not sure of the vintage, nor the maker. (and no, I don't wear these). Any info would be appreciated

Shenanigans 9aa custom alligator
2n809ax.jpg

Shenanigans 9a custom alligator
20itboo.jpg

Troylings by Seymour Troy snake skin
s4rxg4.jpg

Last is a Mardi Gras Debs lizard
2zxzfqp.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
You might try starting a post in the Powder Room with a dating request. You may even receive some offers. ;)

flyfishark

Practically Family
You might try starting a post in the Powder Room with a dating request. You may even receive some offers. ;)

Thanks, Tomasso, as if I don't feel stupid enough as it is! I keep coming across vintage womens shoes, and this time I couldn't resist the skins. I was better off when I collected fountain pens and watches.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Vintage Sea Turtle Wingtip Gunboats.
WARNING!!! This Post Is NOT Politically Correct. Please save MOST of the "that's just wrong" commentary, as it's already been beaten to death. I respect the endangered species act, and if they weren't so freaking old, I would NOT be wearing them.

I JUST got these this afternoon. I had originally expected some nice vintage crocodile wingtips, but I was shocked to find...

Vintage SEA TURTLE V-Cleat Wingtip Gunboats.

360 degree welt, double thick sole, and natural color. They are slightly greenish black and there is a "marble-like" textured look.

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats