Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Beautiful classic design from the 50s which was done by a few makers. A few in that style have been posted hereabouts.

The Legendary Marc Chevalier:

Morephotos010copy.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
A pair of 1940s/50s Crosby Squares now co-residing with the Binkster in the Swan River Colony aka Perth Western Australia.

"Recent arrivals in the Swan River Colony, These!....generously offered to me by a kindly FLr ....perforated leather in a lovely "Butterscotch" colour with the rest being in "Hard Candy" coloured leather"

4800696315_c8effdceaf_b.jpg

4800697717_54e00089c8_b.jpg

4800696787_f65ffba9ab_b.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I have slide problem with one pair white bucks from 1950's...

http://imageshack.us/g/808/20110709141633898.jpg/

they are DRY! Desert dry. Were they NOS when you got them. I good friend told me a story about how many vintage shoes (especially NOS) are "hidden dry". They look fine, but even trying to put your foot in them can split the leather & lining.

A good non-darkening leather conditioner (Pecards & Bick-4) should do you good.

flyfishark

Practically Family
Here's a pair of Walk Over Custom Grade spectators I just got. Super shoes, but I'm starting to have specs coming out my ears? When do you know you have too many??

ws22h5.jpg

152n67l.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Here's a pair of Walk Over Custom Grade spectators I just got. Super shoes, but I'm starting to have specs coming out my ears? When do you know you have too many??

ws22h5.jpg

152n67l.jpg

Nice! Gotta love the gunboats. You NEVER have too many, as long as you find the time to wear each pair at least a coupla times a year (and as long as the wife doesn't kick you out for hogging the closet space!)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Another thrift shop find. Canadian Navy dress white shoes.
This pair dates from 1985, but the shoe itself has pretty timeless lines.
IMG_3425.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_3426.jpg

I'll find a pair of these that fit me one day.
I did find one shoe from a pair of these that did fit, once, but it was missing its mate.
IMG_3428.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Mario

New in Town
they are DRY! Desert dry. Were they NOS when you got them. I good friend told me a story about how many vintage shoes (especially NOS) are "hidden dry". They look fine, but even trying to put your foot in them can split the leather & lining.

A good non-darkening leather conditioner (Pecards & Bick-4) should do you good.

Thank you, I'll buy few things from "Pecard" for antique leather and shoes.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I love the captoe on those. Do you know who made them?

I haven't a clue, unfortunately. They also made a black version- they're identical other than the color. Those turn up pall the time in a variety of sizes, but somehow they just don't do anything for me. A well made shoe, but while I do like a good black captoe, the black version of these is just too plain for my tastes.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I haven't a clue, unfortunately. They also made a black version- they're identical other than the color. Those turn up pall the time in a variety of sizes, but somehow they just don't do anything for me. A well made shoe, but while I do like a good black captoe, the black version of these is just too plain for my tastes.

I have a NOS pair from 1966 I am going to sell in 11E but they have no captoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace