Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Fidena

One of the Regulars
Show us how you're shod.

To get the ball rolling, here are some of mine: they're all vintage '30s and '40s (except for the boots, which date back to 1920 or so).

-- Marc

Morephotos006.jpg

Morephotos010copy.jpg

Morephotos009.jpg

Morephotos008.jpg

Morephotos007.jpg

Morephotos005.jpg

I love the boots!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Well, yes , but El Chevalier knows too. Thanks. The spade sole, heel material, and box looked 30s to me, but I'd never seen a 30s monkstrap before. I think I'll have to pick these up.

Yes I think 30s with the front of the shoe looking like that plus all of Marc's comments. That is a beautiful shoe and the mild spade adds to it. Def purchase if it fits. Monkstraps are of course de rigeur at the moment. The price looks Depression era (USD3.95?) and the font on the box too? Others may be up on that....isshi has a log of 30s/40s advertisements.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Thanks fellas, used the buy it now on eBay. At $145 shipped i couldn't resist. Much more exiting than my last shoe purchase of boring (but well-made) Allen Edmonds for work!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Nova Scotia is King of the Vintage Thrift Shops, it would seem, Dinerman!

I think you may be right. Another find, from yesterday. Any idea what the hide on these are?
They need new heels pretty desprately, but otherwise, are in pretty great shape. Not the prettiest pair of shoes, but they certainly have character.

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

It would seem that the Bond Street line was Dack's stab at the university crowd.

Up-and-coming younger men know fine footwear
when they see it . . . that's why more and more Bond
Street shoes are stepping out everywhere. Come in
and see the smart styles in Dack's "Bond Street" line.
Price ceiling regulations hold most models
at $11 ... now, more than ever before, today's
leading value in fine footwear!

"Bond Street" Shoes

The "Bond Street" is atypical Dack-
built shoe and a real favorite with
well-dressed college men. It gives
you the latest West-End of London
style, finest quality craftsmanship
and leathers, and utmost durability.
Smart models are available for
school, sport, and dress wear at $9.

DACK'S SHOES FOR BOYS $7.50

DACK'S

SHOES FOR MEN

73 King St. W.

toronto montreal ottawa hamilton winlsor
winnipeg regina calgary vancouver

DACK'S "Bond Street" shoes give
college men the typical Dack quality
which, for more than a century, has
set the standard in fine footwear for
men. Style — fit — comfort — durabil-
ity — these combined with selected
Canadian leathers and skilled crafts-
manship — are factors in a value
which defies comparison. See the
distinctive "Bond Street" models now
on display.

Dack's Shoes give you more miles per
dollar — more honest-to-goodness com-
fort — more built-in quality. Come in
and see the smart styles in Dack's
"Bond Street" line. Most models are
priced at today's top value in fine shoes.

Last edited:

flyfishark

Practically Family
I think you may be right. Another find, from yesterday. Any idea what the hide on these are?
They need new heels pretty desprately, but otherwise, are in pretty great shape. Not the prettiest pair of shoes, but they certainly have character.

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

It would seem that the Bond Street line was Dack's stab at the university crowd.

Looks like ranch ox, but aske Issh--he's a skin-talker.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
buffalo, bison, ranch oxhide... all are very similar. look like my florsheim buffalo!

Dack's in REALLY impressing me! good one, DM.

Crockett and Jones used this material a lot in the 60s and 70s for shoes and I have a pair. They seem to have been popular with the older Aussie types (you know that tartan wearing crowd!).

In fact I was wearing them yesterday (Sunday) and they are great casual look with a reefer jacket and slacks. They are not soft like calf. Pretty indestructible. They are a tough mothers.

sproily

Practically Family
I have seen a similar pair of 30's monk straps with a chisel toe and those three lines pressed onto the leather on top of the toes in a pair of Finnish shoes. They were a size too small, however, but interesting none the less.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
DAMN! It seems that, for some reason, the most popular styles of Vintage US Alligator shoes were made in Loafers & "sleeker & more refined" looking shoes. That is decideldy NOT my taste. I have been in search of some Vintage Gators to keep for months now, and still no luck. I must have gone through near a dozen pairs that fit me & no dice so far. FINALLY, I find a pair I like... and they DON'T FIT ME!

Florsheim Alligator Norwegian Split Toes.

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_3494.jpg

More & more I'm learning that the soles tell a LOT about a pair of shoes. While a GREAT majority of Florsheims (and most other brands for that matter) feature open channeled soles, when you see closed channeling, you often ALSO see superior workmanship elsewhere.

When they care so much about the soles, it can be a sign they cared for the other aspects of the shoes more as well, I think.

flyfishark

Practically Family
DAMN! It seems that, for some reason, the most popular styles of Vintage US Alligator shoes were made in Loafers & "sleeker & more refined" looking shoes. That is decideldy NOT my taste. I have been in search of some Vintage Gators to keep for months now, and still no luck. I must have gone through near a dozen pairs that fit me & no dice so far. FINALLY, I find a pair I like... and they DON'T FIT ME!

Florsheim Alligator Norwegian Split Toes.

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_3494.jpg

More & more I'm learning that the soles tell a LOT about a pair of shoes. While a GREAT majority of Florsheims (and most other brands for that matter) feature open channeled soles, when you see closed channeling, you often ALSO see superior workmanship elsewhere.

When they care so much about the soles, it can be a sign they cared for the other aspects of the shoes more as well, I think.

Trade you some "Dupont Specials" for those. Gorgeous shoes.

Duck

Practically Family

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

I would say these are camel hide. Dack's used camel quite a bit. In fact, most of the camel hide shoes I have seen have been Dack's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters