Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
Just showed up in the mail today. From Etsy
dscn0359crop.jpg

dscn0358crop.jpg

They also came with a little surprise

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Nothing vintage or unique but still a nice surprise.

A good freind of mine with slightly larger feet gave me these two pairs of Emling captoed bluchers. They were just too small for him. They are pratically brand new!

397976996.jpg

397976997.jpg

sproily

Practically Family
20's oxfords

20110805-vintagestuffs.jpg

20110805-vintagestuffs-3.jpg

20110805-vintagestuffs-2.jpg

Australian ones.. no idea how they arrived here. I wonder if the 1978 is the year of manufacture.
20110805-vintagestuffs-8.jpg

20110805-vintagestuffs-10.jpg

Beater dress boots in beater condition... Sadly too small (narrow for me) They are tagged 44 but these are so narrow that I think they'd better fit a 43.
20110805-vintagestuffs-19.jpg

20110805-vintagestuffs-23.jpg

30's boots, locally called "jazz boots"
20110805-vintagestuffs-28.jpg

Matt_the_chap

One of the Regulars
I bought these on eBay a few weeks ago. Sadly, I've barely been able to wear them because first the sole of the left shoe fell off, so I got it repaired. Then the right shoe lost its sole as well, so once I've taken them to the cobbler again, I'll be able to wear them for the fairly affordable sum of £25, in total.

They actually look better on than they do in the photograph. The shape of the toe, especially, is perfectly 1930s. Oddly, they fit my wide feet perfectly, despite the fact that they look narrower than every other pair of shoes I own. It's rare for me to find a pair of shoes that fits well, so I'll be happy with them once they're fixed up.

Sadly, there's no maker's label, but they're definitely modern as the soles are glued and not stiched, despite being leather with a rubber heel.

mycorrespondents.jpg

flyfishark

Practically Family
Issh, Cookie, Marc...Once again, I need help! I have this shoe that I thought was shark. It is a Florsheim Kenmoor. Now, when I look at the skin, it looks like the vamp and upper sides are shark, and the lower sides and toe are 1. water bison, 2. buffalo, 3. camel, 4. ox hide, 5. embossed leather, 6. anything, and I mean ANYTHING, but vinyl! Even if it is vinyl, lie to me. I cannot take another dash to my hopes with plastic. If the lower sides and toe happen to be embossed, then I am certain the "shark" vamp is, too. Please tell me these are some incredibly rare yak skin or something...thanks for the help.
2e22ryd.jpg

2ezte6p.jpg

9k2gl2.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Unusual Kenmoor. Yes shark but a Kenmoor would not have any plastic and I don't think ever did. That was a top line Florsheim product. The bottom is some form of bumpy leather IMO...maybe buffalo not camel.

Beater dress boots in beater condition... Sadly too small (narrow for me) They are tagged 44 but these are so narrow that I think they'd better fit a 43.
20110805-vintagestuffs-19.jpg

20110805-vintagestuffs-23.jpg

These are not beater boots Sproily. They are in very good condition and need to be conditioned and polished and sold. Be careful not to overemphasise width and length correlation. There is a correlation between width and length (especially in US sizing) but not much. Fitting shoes is about the available volume inside for you tootsies.

BTW I love the Art Deco style stitching on the vamp/toe of these Finnish dress boots you are still able to find. I have never seen the like of them on eBay and I have seen a lot of 1920s-40s dressboots.

Last edited:

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Issh, Cookie, Marc...Once again, I need help! I have this shoe that I thought was shark. It is a Florsheim Kenmoor. Now, when I look at the skin, it looks like the vamp and upper sides are shark, and the lower sides and toe are 1. water bison, 2. buffalo, 3. camel, 4. ox hide, 5. embossed leather, 6. anything, and I mean ANYTHING, but vinyl! Even if it is vinyl, lie to me. I cannot take another dash to my hopes with plastic. If the lower sides and toe happen to be embossed, then I am certain the "shark" vamp is, too. Please tell me these are some incredibly rare yak skin or something...thanks for the help.
2e22ryd.jpg

2ezte6p.jpg

9k2gl2.jpg

i've got the same pair, friend. 100% shark gunboats.

florsheim didn't f**k around with that style. Only real exotics for that model, as far as i know. the shark makes it xtra tuff 'boat i think!

flyfishark

Practically Family
Thanks to my knowledgable friends. I now understand that I have shoes that are the result of a drunken meeting of a shark and a water buffalo on a moon lit night. How romantic for my feet. Too bad they're 8C. My feet can only dream.

YETI

A-List Customer
My favorite pair is displayed in my new avatar. They're 30s Florsheim spectators with gray suede(nubuck?). I'm too lazy to post pics.

sproily

Practically Family
Cookie, the tags on the captoes, worksmanship and other styles of the same factory of the same age makes them 20's.

The boots I would gladly want to get rid of if someone would with smaller feet would like them.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
My favorite pair is displayed in my new avatar. They're 30s Florsheim spectators with gray suede(nubuck?). I'm too lazy to post pics.

No teasing, friend! At the very least, show us the avatar pic at full size. They are a great find... look at that contrasting stitch on the topsole edge! Classic.

flyfishark

Practically Family
Anyone ever hear of "Service" boots? They are USA made, but I have no idea what they are or how old they are. The laces are the really old ones with a "core" in them. Any infor will be appreciated. Thanks
11lps49.jpg

211t2kl.jpg

2jf17uv.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou