Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Oh the irony! I'm in the bloody tropics but Taiwan has been in a cool-streak the last week, and it's just lovely! I wore a suit on Sunday :) It was a tad humid still but wasn't too bad.

Chad- very slick. I think the stingy brms work well for your face but that tie knot is huge!!!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
"I wouldn't give you two cents for all your fancy rules if, behind them, they didn't have a little bit of plain, ordinary, everyday kindness and a little looking out for the other fella, too"
825410752_l.jpg

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Oh you know what I mean.... and say, what happend to that avatar any way? I thought it was great!

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Is the avatar you're referring to the one of my son with one of my hats? I needed a little change. Too much cute can only be cured with a little HORROR. :D

Wild Root

Gone Home
jake_fink said:
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Is the avatar you're referring to the one of my son with one of my hats? I needed a little change. Too much cute can only be cured with a little HORROR. :D

Nah, it was the one from Brother Where art thou... that's why I mentioned "Man of Constant Sorrow".;)

=WR=

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
:eek: Not my avatar. That one belonged to the real Henry. :rolleyes:

Gosh, I'm sorry you didn't like my sweet little son. :whistling

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
Mr Slick !

Chad Sanborn said:
Here is a suit I would normally consider a winter suit. I love the jacket and wanted a more summer look. So I switched out the matching brown pants for white ones and VIOLLA!

suit1.jpg

I must add my approval to the list - the whole ensemble looks really good to me !:eusa_clap

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
THE CAPTION

Matt Deckard said:
"I wouldn't give you two cents for all your fancy rules if, behind them, they didn't have a little bit of plain, ordinary, everyday kindness and a little looking out for the other fella, too"
825410752_l.jpg

Hey Matt, there's an ideal caption for your photo - I'm imagining that just out of shot, there's a guy lying on the ground in a dazed state with baggy denims with the ass just behind the knees - the caption is :- "Before you address me in future sonny, be sure and take off that baseball cap first !"

Strider

One of the Regulars
Here's my Dick Tracy suit & tie, with the hat. All I need now is a yellow trenchcoat and a tommy gun! ;)

100_02723.jpg

Story

I'll Lock Up
Strider said:
Here's my Dick Tracy suit & tie, with the hat. All I need now is a yellow trenchcoat and a tommy gun! ;)

..20% more scowling and a two-way wrist radio should do it. ;)

dt21_md.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
You're off and running, Strider! Funny coincidence, I just saw a 1930s Mallory/Borsalino fedora that made me think "Dick Tracy".
Too bad it's a 6 3/4!

58_1_b.jpg

ea_1.jpg

ee_1.jpg

You're going to have a tricky time finding the yellow trench, but a realistic-looking toy tommygun should be pretty easy to spot.

Strider

One of the Regulars
Oh yeah, the Tommy Guns are no problem to find. As for the trench coat, I am going to get a standard khaki colored trench with no liner and dye it yellow with some RIT dye. Maybe get a black trench with no liner, and hit it with some RIT dye remover first, then yellow dye.

The real Henry

Practically Family
Wild Root said:
Oh, Henry, that new avatar is great! Love that movie!!! I am a man, of constant sorrows...

Thanks much and yes that movie REALLY is great!lol

But to stay on topic, I thought I should just post this pic(Too bad my 30s bow tie isn't already here!):

15rbdki.jpg

(And yes, I know I look kinda strange in this pic, but it was around 1.00 am:p )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR