Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Switchblades

I recently saw a movie where the character can't sleep, so he takes his switchblades & throws it at a dartboard, over & over again.
Actor was Morgan Freeman, I think.
Anyway, my reaction was that I'd never do that with such a mechanical knife.
Now all I have are kit made automatics so I may not have a good reference point but I have few folding knives that I'd ever throw.
You folks with top shelf ones may differ though...

howardeye

Practically Family
The 3 Italians! Borsalino, Beltrame, Armani!

NewLook6_zps72f44355.jpg

howardeye

Practically Family
I recently saw a movie where the character can't sleep, so he takes his switchblades & throws it at a dartboard, over & over again.
Now all I have are kit made automatics so I may not have a good reference point but I have few folding knives that I'd ever throw.

To me the top shelf switchblades are made in USA. Burn Knives is one with prices over $1000. Out of my league!

Feraud

Bartender
I think that was in Seven with Brad Pitt. Great film..

howardeye

Practically Family
I would not try to defend myself today with this gun in a gun fight. I prefer the 45 auto backed up with a Colt Python. It is a very old break open 32cal I think. Probably an Iver Johnson. I gave it away a couple of weeks ago. It went with the time frame of the suit and the Borsalino hat which I do not like either. Switchblades are my favorites. I would never depend on one of them either. They are just cool and unique and legal to carry and own in Indiana now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikePotts

Practically Family
I'm sure that it's not made by Microtech - way too heavy (8.9oz) and I only had to give a friend $100 for it! - some sort of clone I guess, but it certainly works well and the blade steel seems good.

Edward

Bartender
Interesting construction. Unfortunately not legal for day to day carry in the UK, though could I think be used for camping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW