Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Tattoos

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Miss Neecerie said:
And now....since Lefty will come slap me upside the head for provoking debate in this thread......I shall distract and show mine

I am not distracted and still watching you carefully. Keep it in check or the hammer comes down. :D

So where's the peacock motif? I've read that you like such things. :)

These links died, so I'll repost.

The general idea:

DSC_0081.jpg

The modification:

DSC_0043.jpg

2 of 2:

DSC_0047-1.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Trust me.....I want a peacock too...

Its all a matter of how to have multiple things I want.....hehe

snickers....if i could wave a magic wand and just -do- it....

The firebird idea comes from wanting something to represent the -other- side of family.....the knotwork is one half...so I need something Russian...

and if i am honest..the Russian thing needs to eclipse and 'eat' up the other side.....snickers....so thats a really -damn- big firebird....

I console self with the idea that a firebird is really just a -red- peacock....in looks...maybe i can sneak a few peacock colored feathers into my firebird?

One thing that I always wonder about is when someone gets the Chinese / Japanese charactors as a tat and are told it means "Double Lucky Happy Powertrip" what if the tattoo guy's lying and it actually means Broccolli Beef?;)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
John in Covina said:
One thing that I always wonder about is when someone gets the Chinese / Japanese charactors as a tat and are told it means "Double Lucky Happy Powertrip" what if the tattoo guy's lying and it actually means Broccolli Beef?;)

This would be why -wise- people do not let the tattoo artist tell them what the characters are...and instead do research....etc..

Not that everyone is -wise-, but most -serious- about their body art type folks are.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
John in Covina said:

Lawsuits are filed.

JennyLou

Practically Family
John in Covina said:
If I get Chinese/Japanese characters as a tattoo I would not get it from the artist. I would research it and take a picture in with me because there are so many different styles. I just wouldn't trust the artist. It does help if you already know how to read and write Japanese/Chinese.

CopperNY

A-List Customer
there are a couple websites out there that offer scholarly research for tattoos in other languages. i've seen them for Chinese/Japanese/Hebrew/Aramaic. not to mention Tolkien Elvish.

Feraud

Bartender
JennyLou said:
If I get Chinese/Japanese characters as a tattoo I would not get it from the artist. I would research it and take a picture in with me because there are so many different styles. I just wouldn't trust the artist. It does help if you already know how to read and write Japanese/Chinese.
Good thinking.
I cannot imagine how many people think their tats say Power, Strength, or Survivor, only to have "Combination #6" on their arms..

irb

Familiar Face
Feraud said:
Good thinking.
I cannot imagine how many people think their tats say Power, Strength, or Survivor, only to have "Combination #6" on their arms..

I'm no longer fluent, but I can still read and write rudimentary Mandarin. Helpful when the prima donna with the "big mouth" tattoo is trying to tell you it means "death before dishonour"....

Viola

Call Me a Cab
CopperNY said:
there are a couple websites out there that offer scholarly research for tattoos in other languages. i've seen them for Chinese/Japanese/Hebrew/Aramaic. not to mention Tolkien Elvish.

Yeah, I was pondering Hebrew possibly, but I actually can read the words/phrases I like. Which would give me a bit more confidence than dealing with kanji, where a slight accidental modification can give you a totally different letter.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
dr. house called out this generation on following the trend of getting the japanese/chinese characters just to be cool instead of something unique...

great scene...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo