Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Happy Jack

A-List Customer
Very cute. Looks like a Remington 3. What did that cost? I've seen some people trying to sell typewriters for absurd amounts of cash.

Hi Shangas;
It may well be a Remington 3, but put together in England. Not part of what I collect, so it is for sale on kijiji.
Not sure what it is worth, but asking $50.00. Not selling here because of shipping expences.

wahine

Practically Family
I found a wonderful book called "Our century in pictures" from 1964

It has loads of b&w photos, some paintings/drawings and about a dozen full page color photos from the beginning of the last century till the present (meaning 1964) day. Many many photos and documents from both world wars, mostly of politicians, but also cultural events. It's a very enjoyable and educational read, and it was only 1 €.

1930artdeco

Practically Family
I went antiquing in Waldport, Or over the weekend and found these. One on the left is for when you were discharged (c. 1944) and the one on the right is for when you made it through combat in Europe and then got a 30/45 day leave on your way to the pacific-hopefully to survive there as well.

Mike

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Recent finds from the last couple of weeks- all shaving related,
Two Wardonia bakelite razors that use their own brand blade, I've managed to adapt quite easily modern DE blades to fit and they shave pretty good for me
23sdhli.jpg
2zh2ntx.jpg

and two Rolls razors, one a silver plated Imperial and the other an aluminium bodied leather cased model,
zswd1l.jpg
14dd7qd.jpg

both the the Rolls came with unused spare bakelite cased blades and this rather sad brush was thrown in too! not sure if it's worth putting a new knot in it although the handle is in good condition needing only a polish.
111qpm9.jpg

Last edited:

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
I was wondering the same thing as V.C. I've owned a couple Stetson westerns in my life, saw a few at a local thift the other day but passed them up as they struck me as 70's hat with their bands. Plus the store had them overpriced IMHO as they were beat but I think they were catering to the crowd that would buy them locally.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Not a flea-market find or thrift-shop discovery, but rather, a souvenir. Based on a design hundreds of years old, this is a classic "Tiffin-Carrier", which I purchased today during my travels around Singapore:

IMG_1757_zps387d5140.jpg

Tiffin-carriers come in various sizes. Four-stack, three-stack, two-stack and single. And Large, Medium, Small.

This is a Medium triple-stacker. Which is certainly sufficient to hold plenty of hot food for lunch!

To pack/fill it, or to pull it apart to clean/use it, you release the spring-catch on the side...

Take off the lid...

...and pull the whole thing apart, container by container:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy